How can we improve Sticky Notes?

Sticky Notes must live in the Cloud!

What is the value of any information nowadays if it does not live in the cloud? This goes without saying on OneNote, that amongst tens of other reasons, having OneNote as a cloud service, accessible from anywhere, and recoverable etc is the most interesting feature it has.

else, what if I add a very important Sticky Note – Stick that I am supposed to watch and remember, and delete by mistake? it is gone.

82 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yahya shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Juli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My sticky note syncs to my PC, OneNote app and Microsoft launcher feed. It's great

• Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When implementing this, please allow enterprise admins to control this via group policy to keep the content within their own ecosystem via UE-V, or their own OneDrive for Business tenant.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good news for Sticky Notes users - the new Windows Sticky Notes app *does* sync to Exchange, so you can see the same notes on multiple Windows devices.

A few other goodies:
    - If you use the same account in Outlook, you can see the same notes in your 'Notes' folder
    - If you're on the Android OneNote beta, you can see your Sticky Notes there

Hope that helps!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually you need to let Task and Notes from Outlook, flow together with Onenote, StickyNotes and To-Do so that no matter in which context, mobile or desktop, have access to your tasks/to do's and can use what ever you find the most convenient to input your tasks/notes/to-dos

• Christian Hartung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of saving it in OneNote, I think Sticky Notes should live in Outlook's Notes folder.

Outlook Desktop already have a "Notes" folder syncing to the cloud. It basically creates sticky notes.
    I think it would be a great evolution to both the Sticky Notes app (gaining a sync feature) and Outlook Notes (being integrated to Windows).

Feedback and Knowledge Base