Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. I would love to be able to upload (insert attachment) a complete folder of materials for students to use.

All MS Office books come with some sort of data files that students need at some point. It sure is tedious uploading those one at a time .

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delay sharing link

It would be great if student/staff sections could be set up and content added over a period of time before the links were automatically sent out. I'm on school holidays and preparing stuff for students and staff but don't want them to have access just yet.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make section or page Read Only for learner in learner's personal notebook

(Note: I'm not referring to the shared Content Library)
    This is probably similar to other ideas with regards to learners submitting work and teachers giving feedback. I am just spelling out the mechanism by which this can be done. If a learner has submitted their work - that page could/should be made Read Only. Obviously 1st prize would be if that is automated, but even if it is teacher initiated, it would add to an already excellent tool. A teacher may want to change a whole section to be read only to the learner (in the learner's notebook) for providing…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A cool backround

Is there anyway to default an all back background. I've used an image but it's not the best. An all black background looks great on a projector for handwriting or notes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically Update Class Notebook Members when Office 365 Group membership Updates

We have out MIS/SIS teaching groups automatically sync with Exchange/AD/Office 365 Groups. However, when those groups' membership changes, Class Notebooks that use those groups don't automatically update membership.

Currently the user needs to 'know' that a teaching group has been updated to then go to update the Student Membership of the Class Notebook.

I would appreciate Class Notebooks automatically updating it's membership when AD/Exchange/Office 365 group membership updates, or at least sending me an alert prompting me to re-sync the group in my Class Notebook.

:)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. colour options on page tabs

Some way that teachers can quickly and easily provide clear feedback so that teacher comments appear like movable post-it notes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. View multiple notes at once

I get an assignment in PDF, I want to look at the question from the assignment, and at the notes from class simultaneously as well as be able to write on a new note my solution to the question. It's hard keep switching from one page to another full screen - I lose track of what I was doing. Sometimes I just need to have a few formulas in front of me, and keep on working on my current page. I use the iPad pro, and it has enough space to have at least 2 pages showing at once, if…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Feature: One Note as centralized Vocabulary-Storage

I usen and love OneNote to collect Ideas, texts etc. - working from different Computers and smart devices. Quite often I stumble over new words, definitions, quotes etc. that I want to learn and memorize. Currently I write them into a dedicated OneNote page, but this is quite cumbersome: sorting is limited, when using an IPad there is allways the danger of accidently deleting other entries and it is diffcult to have a consequtive page that can be printed as a list.

What would be so cool: .... having a OneNote-Template, where you could add Words, Definitions and Topic Areas.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to rotate objects with the pen or finger such as in Adobe Illustrator.

Drawing freehand often means the drawing is way off being upright. Ability to rotate a object such as drawing. text or objects like Adobe Illustrator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Join link or code for class needed.

Join link or code for class needed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upgrade OneTastic to be part of the OneNote client, allowing me to view all my notes based on date of recording

Granting me an easy overview (calendar) of when I took notes and then allowing me to access my notes from this overview. The argument is that some browse by keywords and others by the date of taking the note.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use insert recording feature in OneNote Online without having to edit in OneNote.

Use insert recording feature in OneNote Online instead of having to launch and edit in desktop version of OneNote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Right Click an inserted file attachment for more options: to Print, Open With, Send To

When a file is inserted as an attachment into OneNote, please add more options to the right click menu to include: Send To, Print, Open With, so that a file inside OneNote e.g. could be opened in another program. I want to be able to have options to open an attached file in another program.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like the groups in the calendar and the students in the class notebook to be linked so I don't have to enter them twice.

Once I add a student to the class notebook I want them to automatically be part of the associated calendar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need a toggle for inserting videos

Loving the ability to insert videos in OneNote 2016 - but after doing it a few times, if I only want to copy and paste a video link on a notebook page, it grabs the video and inserts it also. This is a feature that we should be able to toggle off and on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to push to students workbooks

To deploy content, or units to student workbooks on mass or to individual students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. adding students to one note made easier

please add users to this one note page so a one click or multiple click option can be made instead of typing of copying and pasting one by one....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base