Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I only allow faculty to create class and staff notebooks

No need for students to create class notebooks but if they install the add-in for OneNote class notebook, they can create class notebooks. How do we prevent this administratively. We only want faculty License holders to be able to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create dividers that can be closed

Create dividers that can be closed.
    My teachers create an extensive number of documents and would like to be able to "hide" sections or sections of pages after a unit is complete. In Notability they have dividers that can be closed and opened to make viewing easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. improve install on win7 pc?

install takes veryyyyyy long

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Two great ideas..Much improved homework and day-away one note functionality

OK I know Microsoft is in search of a Killer App to get even more traction in the Education sector. Believe me, this is it.

My idea (and I'm happy to share proceeds with Bill Gates etc.) is to create a Homework Diary and day away repository within OneNote...please read on it's more than you may think.

This homework diary will do all the usual stuff like link to calendars and allow students to enter new tasks, but also allow teachers to add new tasks and set deadlines etc. Students can seamlessly find attachments etc. thru OneNote related to the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OneNote Addition

I would love to see a live chat on OneNote so that students would be able to communicate with me from home. Currently, if they need to, they must email me through my work email address. It would make life easier if we all were able to remain in one forum.

If not a chat feature, then some type of email communication directly from OneNote would be great.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To be able to manage permissions on section level in a student's Notebook.

I want to use OneNote Class Notebook Creator for student evaluation. Therefore I want one section in every student's notebook (section group) where the student only can view but the teachers have edit permissions.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would love to be able to upload (insert attachment) a complete folder of materials for students to use.

All MS Office books come with some sort of data files that students need at some point. It sure is tedious uploading those one at a time .

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delay sharing link

It would be great if student/staff sections could be set up and content added over a period of time before the links were automatically sent out. I'm on school holidays and preparing stuff for students and staff but don't want them to have access just yet.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make section or page Read Only for learner in learner's personal notebook

(Note: I'm not referring to the shared Content Library)
    This is probably similar to other ideas with regards to learners submitting work and teachers giving feedback. I am just spelling out the mechanism by which this can be done. If a learner has submitted their work - that page could/should be made Read Only. Obviously 1st prize would be if that is automated, but even if it is teacher initiated, it would add to an already excellent tool. A teacher may want to change a whole section to be read only to the learner (in the learner's notebook) for providing…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A cool backround

Is there anyway to default an all back background. I've used an image but it's not the best. An all black background looks great on a projector for handwriting or notes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically Update Class Notebook Members when Office 365 Group membership Updates

We have out MIS/SIS teaching groups automatically sync with Exchange/AD/Office 365 Groups. However, when those groups' membership changes, Class Notebooks that use those groups don't automatically update membership.

Currently the user needs to 'know' that a teaching group has been updated to then go to update the Student Membership of the Class Notebook.

I would appreciate Class Notebooks automatically updating it's membership when AD/Exchange/Office 365 group membership updates, or at least sending me an alert prompting me to re-sync the group in my Class Notebook.

:)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. colour options on page tabs

Some way that teachers can quickly and easily provide clear feedback so that teacher comments appear like movable post-it notes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View multiple notes at once

I get an assignment in PDF, I want to look at the question from the assignment, and at the notes from class simultaneously as well as be able to write on a new note my solution to the question. It's hard keep switching from one page to another full screen - I lose track of what I was doing. Sometimes I just need to have a few formulas in front of me, and keep on working on my current page. I use the iPad pro, and it has enough space to have at least 2 pages showing at once, if…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Feature: One Note as centralized Vocabulary-Storage

I usen and love OneNote to collect Ideas, texts etc. - working from different Computers and smart devices. Quite often I stumble over new words, definitions, quotes etc. that I want to learn and memorize. Currently I write them into a dedicated OneNote page, but this is quite cumbersome: sorting is limited, when using an IPad there is allways the danger of accidently deleting other entries and it is diffcult to have a consequtive page that can be printed as a list.

What would be so cool: .... having a OneNote-Template, where you could add Words, Definitions and Topic Areas.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base