Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. colour options on page tabs

Some way that teachers can quickly and easily provide clear feedback so that teacher comments appear like movable post-it notes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Differentiation between OneNote Notebooks and Class Notebook Creator notebooks.

Suggesting to have different notebook icons or divided sections to keep better track of which notebooks are OneNote and which are Class Notebook Creator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collaboration Pages are clunky

I tried to create a collaboration between grade-level classes, allowing juniors to partner with freshman on a paper. The goal was to have freshman post drafts to a group page and allow the juniors to make comments. Google docs allow students to work on the page at the same time--but OneNote did not. There were constant sync/conflict errors and collaboration could not be dedicated to specific groups. It was very cumbersome. There should be a way to put groups together in the collaboration space.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View multiple notes at once

I get an assignment in PDF, I want to look at the question from the assignment, and at the notes from class simultaneously as well as be able to write on a new note my solution to the question. It's hard keep switching from one page to another full screen - I lose track of what I was doing. Sometimes I just need to have a few formulas in front of me, and keep on working on my current page. I use the iPad pro, and it has enough space to have at least 2 pages showing at once, if…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Feature: One Note as centralized Vocabulary-Storage

I usen and love OneNote to collect Ideas, texts etc. - working from different Computers and smart devices. Quite often I stumble over new words, definitions, quotes etc. that I want to learn and memorize. Currently I write them into a dedicated OneNote page, but this is quite cumbersome: sorting is limited, when using an IPad there is allways the danger of accidently deleting other entries and it is diffcult to have a consequtive page that can be printed as a list.

What would be so cool: .... having a OneNote-Template, where you could add Words, Definitions and Topic Areas.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to rotate objects with the pen or finger such as in Adobe Illustrator.

Drawing freehand often means the drawing is way off being upright. Ability to rotate a object such as drawing. text or objects like Adobe Illustrator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Join link or code for class needed.

Join link or code for class needed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Upgrade OneTastic to be part of the OneNote client, allowing me to view all my notes based on date of recording

Granting me an easy overview (calendar) of when I took notes and then allowing me to access my notes from this overview. The argument is that some browse by keywords and others by the date of taking the note.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use insert recording feature in OneNote Online without having to edit in OneNote.

Use insert recording feature in OneNote Online instead of having to launch and edit in desktop version of OneNote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Right Click an inserted file attachment for more options: to Print, Open With, Send To

When a file is inserted as an attachment into OneNote, please add more options to the right click menu to include: Send To, Print, Open With, so that a file inside OneNote e.g. could be opened in another program. I want to be able to have options to open an attached file in another program.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like the groups in the calendar and the students in the class notebook to be linked so I don't have to enter them twice.

Once I add a student to the class notebook I want them to automatically be part of the associated calendar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need a toggle for inserting videos

Loving the ability to insert videos in OneNote 2016 - but after doing it a few times, if I only want to copy and paste a video link on a notebook page, it grabs the video and inserts it also. This is a feature that we should be able to toggle off and on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to push to students workbooks

To deploy content, or units to student workbooks on mass or to individual students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. adding students to one note made easier

please add users to this one note page so a one click or multiple click option can be made instead of typing of copying and pasting one by one....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring this feature to Enterprise SKUs.

Bring the OneNote Classroom to Enterprise skus. They do lots of training too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sharing class notebooks with elem students without email addresses

My elementary students are too young to have their own email addresses. As such, sharing the Class Notebook with them was more difficult than it should have been. Please work on this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add students to already created notebooks

I have already created notebooks, but not with Student Notebook Creator, is there an easier way to add students without creating a new class notebook and copying each section in?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add subsections to groups in the OneNote Notebook

Accès à ajouter des groupes de sections avec le créateur de bloc-notes OneNote
    Donner accès à non seulement l'ajout de sections, mais de sous-sections avec le créateurs de bloc-notes OneNote.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OneNote Classroom SharePoint app share with security groups

There is a very nice OneNote ClassRoom app where 'teachers' can invite 'students' to join a teachers OneNote but this is on an idividual basis. The teachers need to add all students individualy. In a school with classroom of 20+ students per class and 80+ classrooms and a multitude of lessons per class, this is a horrible job and not even manageable. We allready have all students in security/distribution groups (synced with AD) we can use this everywhere in SharePoint. Why not in the OneNote Classroom app???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base