Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. OneNote combine with web browser with faster embed image and text in the website

Onenote with web browser which embed the image and text in the website will make much faster to take note important things in the website while using touchscreen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search for font color

Searching for text is great, but I would like to be able to search for a font color. My business uses OneNote to hold manuals, guides, updates and other information. When I am editing in OneNote, I color code things that need to be updated, focused on and more. It would be great to be able to search for the font color and be able to pull up everything in that color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a teacher be able to view all of one tab in the student spaces. instead of clicking on individual students be able to click "grading" tab

instead of opening each individual student, have be able to open a tab that each student shares like if they all have a grading tab be able to see a class view of the grading tab so I don't have to click so many times through each student

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. @OneNoteC @msonenote When will OneNote have the ability allow teachers to cre8 quizzes with the results feeding into excel? #Missingatrick

The same functions as Google forms and sheets has but with OneNote and Excel. Would require automarking like the add on Flubaroo #crazystats

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How do I only allow faculty to create class and staff notebooks

No need for students to create class notebooks but if they install the add-in for OneNote class notebook, they can create class notebooks. How do we prevent this administratively. We only want faculty License holders to be able to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create dividers that can be closed

Create dividers that can be closed.
    My teachers create an extensive number of documents and would like to be able to "hide" sections or sections of pages after a unit is complete. In Notability they have dividers that can be closed and opened to make viewing easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. improve install on win7 pc?

install takes veryyyyyy long

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Two great ideas..Much improved homework and day-away one note functionality

OK I know Microsoft is in search of a Killer App to get even more traction in the Education sector. Believe me, this is it.

My idea (and I'm happy to share proceeds with Bill Gates etc.) is to create a Homework Diary and day away repository within OneNote...please read on it's more than you may think.

This homework diary will do all the usual stuff like link to calendars and allow students to enter new tasks, but also allow teachers to add new tasks and set deadlines etc. Students can seamlessly find attachments etc. thru OneNote related to the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Straight lines - not just shapes

Shapes are great, but the one missing and most common feature for me when taking notes in class, is drawing straight lines! whether it be under a heading, or when copying a table from the board - it would be very useful to be able to draw a straight line.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote Addition

I would love to see a live chat on OneNote so that students would be able to communicate with me from home. Currently, if they need to, they must email me through my work email address. It would make life easier if we all were able to remain in one forum.

If not a chat feature, then some type of email communication directly from OneNote would be great.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. locked textboxes

I want to be able to make textboxes that students can move but not edit or delete. This would allow them to collaborate and move things to their proper location. Take for example a concept map on photosynthesis or sequencing events leading to WWI. It would also be nice in the collaboration space for teachers to be able to make it so that the student who puts down a textbox is the only one that can edit or delete it. This would still allow other students to comment on the idea but not accidently delete the text.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Scanner Import

The ability to insert a picture from the scanner is sorely missed! Please bring this feature back. The help says it was removed because some folks were having problems.. Hey, guess what, it WORKED for a lot of people.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. To be able to manage permissions on section level in a student's Notebook.

I want to use OneNote Class Notebook Creator for student evaluation. Therefore I want one section in every student's notebook (section group) where the student only can view but the teachers have edit permissions.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would love to be able to upload (insert attachment) a complete folder of materials for students to use.

All MS Office books come with some sort of data files that students need at some point. It sure is tedious uploading those one at a time .

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add files from onedrive into class notebook

When uploading files into class notebook I only seem to be able to upload files from my computer rather than from onedrive

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base