Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. share automatically with your contacts

it would be cool if u could share your notebook without having 2 add everyone every single time u want 2 share something

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import onenote files

I am a trainer and I develop content in a OneNote Notebook. Sometimes I work on a team where I am assigned to train on a specific Microsoft topic. We develop a collaborative OneNote with our resources to leave with the client. It would be very useful to be able to export a section from my onenote notebook and import it into the collaborative notebook.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tabbing Back

I have to backspace and then tab back in when every I want to get back to the previous tab. Not a big deal, but would make things seem smoother.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make OneNote Class Notebook add-on available for on-premises Sharepoint, not just Office 365.

Some school districts have local Sharepoint (OneNote) which staff and students must use to comply with privacy laws. However, the Class Notebook add-on only works in Office 365. These districts therefore miss out on the wonderful, new application of OneNote for the classroom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be really good if there was a more active flag set when the teacher adds new material to a Class OneNote Notebook so that students

It would be really good if there was a more active flag set when the teacher adds new material to a Class OneNote Notebook so that students can see it every time they open up their workbook and perhaps can click a link to go straight to that section, tab or page. This will save a lot of time and hassle telling the class or putting notes on the welcome page.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Renaming the 'content library' and distribution to other class notebooks

When I rename a the 'content library' section in a class notebook to another (more attractive) name the distribution button can't find the section anymore so distribution to another class notebook isn't possible. When resetting the name to it's original it's enabled again. This shouldn't be possible, or is it?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Track Changes function in Class OneNote

It'd be great to have a Track Changes function similar to the one in Word so that teachers can give feedback directly on student work in the note.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why can students see all of MY tabs in a class notebook, rather than just the ones I created for them?

When creating a Class Notebook I assign student tabs, say Handouts and Class Notes. I set up my Collaboration Space and my Content Library, which each student has access to view and/or edit. After every student notebook is created with the appropriate tabs, why do they also have viewing access to my other tabs in the Class Notebook, say my notes that I would distribute to the students? My vision would be that each student's notebook has a total of 4 tabs: Handouts, Class Notes, Content Library, and Collaboration Space; however, they instead see all of my tabs (in Read…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OneNote combine with web browser with faster embed image and text in the website

Onenote with web browser which embed the image and text in the website will make much faster to take note important things in the website while using touchscreen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integration with Distant Learning on OneNote

Hi there,
    I really love to see Video Conferencing integrated with OneNote Collaboration Space. It will be wonderful for the instructor to use OneNote as a main platform to deliver distance/online courses while being able to demonstrate, navigate instruction and interact through content library or collaboration space. If there is a function that allows the teacher to switch duplicate mode (students can see teacher’s screen) or extended mode (teacher select specific content for students to see) while she can still work on her own screen, it will be even better! It is very much like how teachers change the modes…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search for font color

Searching for text is great, but I would like to be able to search for a font color. My business uses OneNote to hold manuals, guides, updates and other information. When I am editing in OneNote, I color code things that need to be updated, focused on and more. It would be great to be able to search for the font color and be able to pull up everything in that color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a teacher be able to view all of one tab in the student spaces. instead of clicking on individual students be able to click "grading" tab

instead of opening each individual student, have be able to open a tab that each student shares like if they all have a grading tab be able to see a class view of the grading tab so I don't have to click so many times through each student

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. @OneNoteC @msonenote When will OneNote have the ability allow teachers to cre8 quizzes with the results feeding into excel? #Missingatrick

The same functions as Google forms and sheets has but with OneNote and Excel. Would require automarking like the add on Flubaroo #crazystats

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How do I only allow faculty to create class and staff notebooks

No need for students to create class notebooks but if they install the add-in for OneNote class notebook, they can create class notebooks. How do we prevent this administratively. We only want faculty License holders to be able to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create dividers that can be closed

Create dividers that can be closed.
    My teachers create an extensive number of documents and would like to be able to "hide" sections or sections of pages after a unit is complete. In Notability they have dividers that can be closed and opened to make viewing easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base