Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Upgrade OneTastic to be part of the OneNote client, allowing me to view all my notes based on date of recording

Granting me an easy overview (calendar) of when I took notes and then allowing me to access my notes from this overview. The argument is that some browse by keywords and others by the date of taking the note.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use insert recording feature in OneNote Online without having to edit in OneNote.

Use insert recording feature in OneNote Online instead of having to launch and edit in desktop version of OneNote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Right Click an inserted file attachment for more options: to Print, Open With, Send To

When a file is inserted as an attachment into OneNote, please add more options to the right click menu to include: Send To, Print, Open With, so that a file inside OneNote e.g. could be opened in another program. I want to be able to have options to open an attached file in another program.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like the groups in the calendar and the students in the class notebook to be linked so I don't have to enter them twice.

Once I add a student to the class notebook I want them to automatically be part of the associated calendar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Access to change or rename sections after they are created on OneNote Notebook

Accès à changer les sections après qu'elles ont été créés avec le créateur de bloc-notes OneNote
    Ce n'est pas possible de changer/renommer une section une fois qu'elle a été créée avec le créateur de bloc-notes.
    Ça serait idéal de pouvoir changer le nom quand nécessaire.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need a toggle for inserting videos

Loving the ability to insert videos in OneNote 2016 - but after doing it a few times, if I only want to copy and paste a video link on a notebook page, it grabs the video and inserts it also. This is a feature that we should be able to toggle off and on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The ability to push to students workbooks

To deploy content, or units to student workbooks on mass or to individual students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. adding students to one note made easier

please add users to this one note page so a one click or multiple click option can be made instead of typing of copying and pasting one by one....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring this feature to Enterprise SKUs.

Bring the OneNote Classroom to Enterprise skus. They do lots of training too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sharing class notebooks with elem students without email addresses

My elementary students are too young to have their own email addresses. As such, sharing the Class Notebook with them was more difficult than it should have been. Please work on this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add students to already created notebooks

I have already created notebooks, but not with Student Notebook Creator, is there an easier way to add students without creating a new class notebook and copying each section in?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add subsections to groups in the OneNote Notebook

Accès à ajouter des groupes de sections avec le créateur de bloc-notes OneNote
    Donner accès à non seulement l'ajout de sections, mais de sous-sections avec le créateurs de bloc-notes OneNote.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote Classroom SharePoint app share with security groups

There is a very nice OneNote ClassRoom app where 'teachers' can invite 'students' to join a teachers OneNote but this is on an idividual basis. The teachers need to add all students individualy. In a school with classroom of 20+ students per class and 80+ classrooms and a multitude of lessons per class, this is a horrible job and not even manageable. We allready have all students in security/distribution groups (synced with AD) we can use this everywhere in SharePoint. Why not in the OneNote Classroom app???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pen in place tool selection

User group >> Surface pen user
    Problem >> Changing between often used tools takes time and you need to leave the place where you work. Especially for the eraser that's annoying.
    Story >> As a pen user I want to select my favorite tools in place at the tip of my pen just by clicking the side button of the pen and automatically switching between these tools.
    Implemented as >> Like the tool selection dot in drawboard OR the tools scroll/swap through while the pen button is pressed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please make it easier for students to launch their class notebook on their devices!

I use the Class Notebook with my 7-9 year-olds quite a lot and love it. I am often in a situation where I'm trying to convince other staff that One Note is actually a time-saver and incredibly useful in the long run and worth the time it takes to set it up. Most of my colleagues who are willing to give it a try give up after creating their class notebook because the set-up on student devices has so many steps. They write the whole program off as requiring too much time and never try it again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Action Links

Similar to PowerPoint, I'm looking for a way to add an audio link to an image, so that if the student mouses over, or clicks on the image, the audio will play. Currently I can add the audio link, but when clicked it activates the playback tab rather than playing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changing the preset date in OnNote notebook

The new document comes with a preset historical date. How can I change the date? I tried clicking on it and looking through the menus. Did I miss something?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. iPad - add 'scissors' to be able to circulate some selection of my class notes and then drag and drop them somewhere

This feature is done in other good iPad note taking apps such as GoodNotes - you can circulate with your finger/pen some area of the note, and then easily drag it anywhere you want on the page. It would be helpful, especially as sometimes the prof. adds something on the board that he had forgotten about initially. The desktop version seems to be able to handle it (although it's just in rectangular form using the mouse).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice to be able to color code the student folders for teacher groupings.

Some teacher like to put more than 1 class in a class notebook. If they could color code the student folders they could then give each class a different color.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Merge some steps to 1 page when creating a notebook.

When creating a class notebook, marge the lines to enter names (class, teacher & student) all on one page. This reduces number of steps, so easier for the class creator.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base