Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Differences

A feature to show the differences between two pages. This would help me in maintaining my notebooks, but I could also see a classroom benefit where students could see differences between content over time.

For example: let's say I OneNote Clip the Department of Energy's web site each year. It would be interesting to have a differencing tool that would show me what year "climate change" got removed from that site/page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. distribution personnalisée

Il serait utile de distribuer un document à certains étudiant seulement afin de personnaliser les apprentissages, surtout à l'école élémentaire.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No Class Notebook Access...Too Problematic

I'd like to keep my personal notebook accessible rather than having a classroom or work environment access. It's much more easier to gain access through my personal account than re-creating a work or school account. This means that its too many websites and access codes and passwords; as the situation stands its too problematic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. By adding a choice of language while working in OneNote. Add a box where you can easily switch between Swedish and English.

When you correct a student's text and add your comments and want to write in English you don't want the red markings under the words. You can mark the text and change language yourself but you have to do it every time , clicking several times. It is timeconsuming and frustrating.
    Please add a box where you can easily switch language without using "Granska"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Just a little testing

One very basic way you can improve OneNote is to just test things properly before you release them. I am using the Class OneNote Add In, which can be used to connect to Virtual Learning Environments. There are three fields in the Create Assignment box, Title, Description and Due Date. Only the Title and Due Date transfer to Firefly, our VLE. It's been an issue for months now and yet still no fix for such a basic issue.

What's worse, we contact Microsoft support and they don't even seem to know OneNote has an application and keep asking for the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Is there any possibility of being able to link OneNote to SIMS from the Connections option?

It would be great if attendance of pupils, marksheets, BfL grades etc could be updated on OneNote as they are changed in SIMS so that markbooks are continually updated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is possible hyperlink only a part of a text in a page??

Is possible hyperlink only a part of a text in a page??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Program checklist to move checked boxes to completed section.

Program checklist to move checked boxes to completed section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Office Mix is an invaluable tool for educators.

Office Mix is an invaluable tool for educators. Please don't stop offering it. Office Mix can be used when the teacher needs to be gone or for students to listen to a lecture multiple times for reteaching. I also use it to offer staff training so teachers can watch when they have available time during prep or at home. If Office Mix goes away, it will negatively impact my students and staff.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: language selection not permanent

changing the language for spelling correction is not remembered, and defaults to the system language for every newly written word.

This is very annoying. please fix it!
    thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assigning permissions to sub-sections in the Collaboration Section

Allow the co-teacher to see all sections to assign permission. That is, sections with no students assigned and to sections that already have some students assigned.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. wallpaper on pages/subpages

Why have you removed wallpaper/template/background for pages in the new versions? I just hate, that I can only change collar. ....this has made onenote 50% less attractive to work with... please make features available again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. printout zoom printout

PDF printouts diappear upon zooming. This issue has been known and noted for a long time, and is arguably the #1 reason students use Drawboard PDF instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Convert voice into words in a different area

Tell me if you like it.
    I'm sleepy and that's why

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Content Library

could you place a checkbox next to each item in the content library so a teacher can load items into the content library, then check the box for the items you want the students to see... i know you "could" kind of do this with a teacher only space, but doing it all in a content library would be easier!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base