Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The OneNote Welcome tab is intimidating for new users. Rename it... "How To" and have a "Welcome" page that is actually welcoming.

When I first got access to OneNote Class Notebooks, I spent hours on the 365 web interface trying to set up stuff, added students, watched the intro video... an advertisement for the features, with little information about HOW TO CREATE MY OWN WELCOME PAGE AND GET A STUDENT TO SEE IT FIRST! I finally abandoned the idea.

Now I have completed a full day training and finally got the idea that I can rename the tab and create my own welcome. Shouldn't have needed to spend an entire day being dragged through the entire process of edits, all of which…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Ability to make the cursor look like a pointing hand for lecturing

When I am lecturing I would like to be able to indicate something on the OneNote page, about which I am talking. Being able to turn the cursor insert point into a pointing finger on a hand would be nice.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Use OneNote in the middle of the Occupy Mars Learning Adventures program for building better NGSS & CCSS connections with all students.

We are traveling up and down the state of California training students to become Jr. astronauts, engineers and scientists. This program is called the Occupy Mars Learning Adventures. We have found a creative way to use one note with our scientific and engineering software for science experiments and our Mars rovers. Our students are prototyping the Mars experience. www.OccupyMars.WordPress.com. We need the One Note Team to see what we are doing on the new wide screen iPad and the Surface 3.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Why can we not have full use of the application for Microsoft? There is no help for specific functions.

Why can we not have full use of the application for Microsoft? There is no help for specific functions.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Import created section group as part of class notebook creation

Would love the ability to import a created section group or gives teachers option to import created sections/section groups as a part of the process of creating class notebooks.

EX: section group containing information about skills all students need (digital citizenship, information literacy, research, evaluating websites) that could go into the class content library

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Enable overview of the notes and not just titles

Could we have an overview of the notes (refer keep<dot>google<dot>com to understand grid overview), instead of just the titles of the notes that say "Untitled Page" if you don't write a title.

This would help us better understand & find the notes, especially on a mobile, and also enable us to continue notes than just writing a new one every time.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix the error when adding new teachers to an existing notebook

Need a fix or workaround for the "Oops ... Setting Notebook process failed. Please refresh the page and try again" during the "Setting up OneNote class Notebook ..." task during specifically "set contribution process".

This happens whenever I add a teacher to an existing notebook (i.e. an additional replacement teacher).

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Why do students need to log in twice?

I keep shared docs in OneDrive Pro "shared with everyone". When linked to from OneNote Class notebook students are prompted to log into their Office365 accounts again. Why must they be prompted to log into Office365 again after logging into Office365 to view their Class Notebook?

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• ClassNotebook creator - added teachers

Is there a way that when additional teachers are added to a class notebook that they can add students?

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add voice recordings or you can add a word count feature in OneNote. Thanks!

Add a place into 'Insert' named 'Word Count' that when I select words and letters, I can see the word count by pressing the button or you can right-click the image/text of the button and automatically have word count on.

0 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Learning Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Incorporate best in class "Story builder" capabilities.

Add Story Builder software. There are many available - but would be great for Microsoft to develop the best yet, and incorporate it in Learning tools. Current software enables a kid to select a title, theme, characters, setting, etc. What's needed is age specific selection, and far more choices! These tools are super-confidence building for dyslexic kids - helps them see that story writing isn't an impossible mountain - but simply is a formula involving a sequence of decisions/steps simply put in the right order!

0 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Dictar en un idioma y automáticamente traducir a otro

La herramienta de dictar está genial. Pero me gustaría que a la vez que se dicta se tradujese el texto a otro idioma.

Ejemplo. Dicto en inglés y aparece en español.
                              (Podría incluso salir en el idioma en que se dicta y en al que se está traduciendo)

0 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 60 61 62 64 Next →
                              • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base