Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add subsections to groups in the OneNote Notebook

Accès à ajouter des groupes de sections avec le créateur de bloc-notes OneNote
    Donner accès à non seulement l'ajout de sections, mais de sous-sections avec le créateurs de bloc-notes OneNote.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • I'd like pupils to be able to copy an entire page to their content area or for me to send a page to all of their areas

I would like pupils to complete homework sheets that I have made.

I would like them to either be able to copy an entire page (so they can fill in the blanks or draw on the diagrams)

or

I would like to be able to automatically distribute a page into all of my pupil's areas so they can complete the work

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • OneNote Classroom SharePoint app share with security groups

There is a very nice OneNote ClassRoom app where 'teachers' can invite 'students' to join a teachers OneNote but this is on an idividual basis. The teachers need to add all students individualy. In a school with classroom of 20+ students per class and 80+ classrooms and a multitude of lessons per class, this is a horrible job and not even manageable. We allready have all students in security/distribution groups (synced with AD) we can use this everywhere in SharePoint. Why not in the OneNote Classroom app???

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow more control of shared notebook management

I have a lot of notebooks that are shared with me. There needs to be a way to organize these shared notebooks into some sort of user-defined directory. We should be able to create folders to organize shared notebooks. For example, I could have a Shared Work Notebooks folder and a Shared Personal folder. Or, a teacher can have a separate folder for each class period. As-is, the current view of notebooks shared with me Isa mess.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Pen in place tool selection

User group >> Surface pen user
            Problem >> Changing between often used tools takes time and you need to leave the place where you work. Especially for the eraser that's annoying.
            Story >> As a pen user I want to select my favorite tools in place at the tip of my pen just by clicking the side button of the pen and automatically switching between these tools.
            Implemented as >> Like the tool selection dot in drawboard OR the tools scroll/swap through while the pen button is pressed.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to clear recent ink marks

I have screen clips of my Math Book. I work on the pages with students during station work. It would be nice to be able to clear ink notations that I recently added. Since I will work through a section over the course of 2 or 3 days in class.

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please make it easier for students to launch their class notebook on their devices!

I use the Class Notebook with my 7-9 year-olds quite a lot and love it. I am often in a situation where I'm trying to convince other staff that One Note is actually a time-saver and incredibly useful in the long run and worth the time it takes to set it up. Most of my colleagues who are willing to give it a try give up after creating their class notebook because the set-up on student devices has so many steps. They write the whole program off as requiring too much time and never try it again.

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Action Links

Similar to PowerPoint, I'm looking for a way to add an audio link to an image, so that if the student mouses over, or clicks on the image, the audio will play. Currently I can add the audio link, but when clicked it activates the playback tab rather than playing.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Changing the preset date in OnNote notebook

The new document comes with a preset historical date. How can I change the date? I tried clicking on it and looking through the menus. Did I miss something?

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• iPad - add 'scissors' to be able to circulate some selection of my class notes and then drag and drop them somewhere

This feature is done in other good iPad note taking apps such as GoodNotes - you can circulate with your finger/pen some area of the note, and then easily drag it anywhere you want on the page. It would be helpful, especially as sometimes the prof. adds something on the board that he had forgotten about initially. The desktop version seems to be able to handle it (although it's just in rectangular form using the mouse).

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• It would be nice to be able to color code the student folders for teacher groupings.

Some teacher like to put more than 1 class in a class notebook. If they could color code the student folders they could then give each class a different color.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Merge some steps to 1 page when creating a notebook.

When creating a class notebook, marge the lines to enter names (class, teacher & student) all on one page. This reduces number of steps, so easier for the class creator.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Have an object/structure/template that can be used to create a forum.

Have an object/structure/template that can be used to create a forum.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Content Library - disable from Admin level?

I love this product. However, we deliver learning resources via our LMS. This provides many features, such as analysis of student interaction that enables prediction of academic performance. We want to keep this, while using the other features of Class Notebook Creator.
                              However, if the Content Library is available to teachers, some may use it to deliver content, which would circumvent our organizational goals.
                              Is there a way to turn off this component at the Admin level?

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Concern about students creating class notebooks

I have just experienced a curious anomaly. We have Office enterprise licenses for our classroom machines so I installed Office 2016 in my classroom for some planned PD with instructors. I also installed the OneNote add-in. We use a generic log-in to the machines. Each instructor has a faculty license Office 365 account. Students have a student license. Without logging into Office 365, I started OneNote 2016, I could see the Class notebook tab. I tried to create a class notebook WITH A OFFICE 365 STUDENT LICENSE. I logged into OneNote with the student ID. I did not realize that…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Share Class & Staff Notebooks to OneDrive for Business for users without Exchange enabled must be possible

Its not practical to deliver the Exchange service to young students. There are also legal implications doing so.

If Exchange is disabled on user before they sign in, sharing to Onedrive "Shared with me" folder will not work.

Only after Exchange is provisioned on the user account sharing to Onedrive "Shared with me" folder will work.

Using and sharing Class and Staff Notebooks should work regardless of the Exhange service is provisioned or not on the user object.

Ref: Office365 Service Request Ticket 616033193686580, stating this is "by design".

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Télécharger le complément Bloc-notes pour la classe pour mac os

Le complément pour Mac OS n'existe pas (apparemment)

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• I had a brilliant blue colour pen but the choice is gone in 2013 version. My students are not happy.

More choice for pen colours. I had a brilliant blue colour for my pen but the choice is removed from the 2013 version. My students and I are very disappointed. Please let it happen again.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make it easier to fix when teachers in support of a student want to have access to a class notebook

It seems like when I share a link with my peers to grant them access to one of my class notebooks the link only works for a little while... then something happens, maybe an update, and they can't see my folders in the notebook anymore.

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base