Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Support for Mac!!!

I just tried to make a Class-Notebook app and in the last step - yes there is companion app - but only for MS :-(

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneNote Class and Staff Notebook API

On the following page:
    https://blogs.office.com/2015/05/20/onenote-gets-ready-for-summer-technology-planning-with-updates-for-everyone/

It mentions:
    [...]
    our new and upcoming REST APIs will allow IT administrators to automate Class and Staff Notebook administration processes such as class roster management and movement of pages in and out of OneNote. Partners will also be able to use the APIs to integrate the Class and Staff Notebooks deeply into their solution. The API will allow programmatic access for:

Creating Class and Staff Notebooks

Adding & removing students and teachers (for roster synchronization with Student Information Systems)
    Copying OneNote pages (for integration into Learning Management System assignment distribution and collection workflows)
    Replicating
    13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Private tabs in Staffnotebook

I am a secretary at an elementary school. I set up and teach all the teachers about Office 365. By default I am the owner of the Staffnotebook. It would be nice if the individual tabs could be made private.
    Example: I am sure a teacher would not want me to be able to read their evaluation notes from the Principal. If I could set privileges for each tab, the teacher could block me from seeing that specific tab.
    Example: setting up a PLC (Proffessional Learning Communities) notebook, we would not have to have an individual notebook for each grade.…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copying from Content Library on Class Notebook online

Students need to be able to copy from the Content Library in the Class Notebook when working in the online version.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better student managing/deleting users

I want to be able to delete students and teachers from my notebook from the same menu as i added them through. Managing a class notebook is a rather geeky task now. A clean interface for this would for instance make it possible to delte all students after a schoolyear and reuse the same notebook. Also you then could invite fellow teachers for a periode and remove them easily if they quit their job, get other classes and so on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Rebecca Seerveld responded

I’m happy to announce that two new capabilities (remove students and co-teachers) have been added to Class Notebooks. This is a direct result of listening to your feedback. You can now remove students from your class. Removed students will not have access to the Notebook but their work will remain. You can now remove co-teachers and they will no longer be able to access the Class Notebook. For more details, please go to https://blogs.office.com/2015/10/05/top-teacher-requested-features-added-to-onenote-class-notebooks/

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base