Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Open embedded files in OneNote for Teams/Web OneNote

Please make the OneNote for Teams to work like the OneNote desktop app when working with embedded files.
    I want learners to work on attached/embedded documents and save the result. So I go ahead and attach those documents to OneNote pages with the instructions of what they had to do on those documents. Can you imagine my disappointment when they open said pages in OneNote in Teams and getting the message that they have to download the file first before they can make changes. That is exactly they kind of behavior I wanted to avoid - file management - that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preventing students from manipulating distributed pages

I want to distribute a page to students but lock it so that can't move or delete item yet still allow them to type answers on that page. Also, who would ever repeat terminology for folders. Group section and Sections is an end user nightmare. So simple but so confusing for students and non-techies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recover corrupt Excel files

Now easily recover the corrupt or damaged Excel files with the help of Excel recovery tool. With this tool, you can recover the damaged and corrupted Excel files without any problem. The tool is simple, easy to use, and recovers the corrupted Excel files without any data alteration. The tool recovers the excel files without any data alteration and data loss hence, the quality if your Excel sheets will remain intact.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/RecoverExcelFiles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tabs staying in position across all platforms

Can tabs stay in position across all platforms? For example, I create a notebook on desktop version then on the online version the tabs are in different location on the web version. Not ideal for the escape room I created for my students who are opening from the web because of distance learning.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ad hoc ordering of Section Groups

Our implementation of the CA math standards in a standards-based grading scenario looks like unit / standard / learning target / list of materials (e.g. U2 / N-CN.2 / I can add complex numbers / practice_problems.pdf). This structure in OneNote for Windows 10 requires section group / section group / section / pages. The set of section groups for the standards should be in the order they will be taught, but are forced to be in alphabetical order. The workaround is to number the standards, which is less than ideal. Please allow the ordering of section groups to be ad…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Connect Progressbook

Will you be working to add ProgressBook as one of the LMS's to connect to? I have noticed lots of LMSs but not ProgressBook. This would help so many of us teachers out this upcoming school year if we could link to our current LMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HP DeskJet 3511 wireless setup instructions - 123.hp.com/setup 3511

After the printer's initial setup, you need to make the hp Deskjet 3511 wireless setup and then get the compatible driver for the printer. Once you get the compatible driver to the printer on the operating system, you need to install the driver file to the printer by adding the printer to the operating system. Here are the guidance steps to add the printer to the windows and MAC device. Only after this, you can able to add the printer and install the driver file to the printer. Just visit our blog https://www.123hp-com.com/dj3511-deskjet-3511-setup/ or call @ +1-800-237-0201

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Corrupt or damaged PDF files

Recovering the corrupt PDF files can be a challenging task, a user face any problems while recovering a corrupt PDF file. Sometimes due to wrong methods a user may losses his important data. So, it is very essential to use the correct method to repair and recover a PDF file.

With the PDF recovery tool, you can easily recover the corrupt or damaged PDF files very easily. It comes with multiple recovery modes hence a user can recover highly corrupted or damaged PDF files without any effort.

Save your time and effort by using the tool and recover the PDF…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add dotted lines

Has an engineering student I love using gridlines but doted lines are also really useful especially when you want to draw certain things.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. rule lines

I like printing out my typed notes when I want to learn by writing. To do this I like using ruled lines. However, I cannot type within the lines after a maximum of 5 lines, and the text starts to stand on the lines. I understand that rule lines are for guidance to those who write their notes, but it would be extremely useful if there was a way to align typed text with the ruled lines while typing itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Nice Coordinate Systems

In my physics classes, I'd like the ability to insert nice coordinate systems or custom vector graphics.

I would like to draw my own graphics (nice arrows, grid lines, etc.) and insert it as a shape.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add students with emails from whatever domain to a Class Notebook

My institution uses Microsoft365/Office365 for faculty & staff. Student emails are on a different domain than faculty and staff. I can create Class Notebooks but the students can't access the content, even when they register their valid student emails at Office365 Education (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office) for free.

I would expect different domains is a common issue at many institutions. In this time of pandemic where instructors are looking for effective ways to work with students remotely, it would be great if this issue was fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Could you make a class style notebook that is more pictorial for younger classes? Where you have pictures along side subjects.

Can you make another option for style of notebook for younger children where the you can limit what they have on the tabs at top( only have ones relevant for their age). Could you also be able to use pictures or emojis in the section names so that it is more child friendly and helps children who can't read navigate the space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. uploading files to class note book directly from sharepoint or teams

We have recently been asked to save all our lessons in teams/sharepoint. i want to be able to upload a ppt that appears as ppt that they can directly access in classnotebook. I can already do this with my personal onedrive but not it seems with the sharepoint/ teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I don’t want my OneNote preset to use simplified Chinese letters, I suggested to have a button to let change the language to Traditional one

I suggest to have a button to let me change my language to Traditional ones or English ones. Because I’m teaching English and general studies. I need to use both English and Traditional Chinese. However, it appealed to use simplied Chinese in my notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change setting of class notebook to order by last name

Please change the student class notebook to appear in order from top to bottom sorted alphabetically by last name instead of by the student’s first name. Or at least make this an option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recording while taking notes

Please add a recording option while taking notes. And when you hear it back make the screen scroll to the position it was during the recording recording

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Design consistency

Please make every platform for Class Notebook Eg. teams, web based, apps all consistent in what tools are offered. I’m sick of switching platforms and getting corrupted pages because I can’t do basic things Eg emojis, inserting symbols etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Record

Voice and screen recording similar to Notability:
    Record while writing, and during playback, it replays what you were writing or doing on the screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base