Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Be able to rotate objects more freely

Sometimes I write crooked and don’t want to rewrite it. If we could be able to freely rotate objects it would be much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. onenoteforteachers

Please update onenoteforteachers.com so it will show the onenote app, instead of onenote 2016. It will help us save a lot of time teaching students and teachers how to use OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Worksheet formatting

It would be great to have a simple process to add an 'answer box' for students.
    I have previously left some blank space, but if they type extra lines, annotations on other parts of the page don't align.
    I currently add a single cell table as the 'answer box', but this is time consuming to add mutliples and drag them to the desired width for each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Internet plans

Best Internet Plans for you depends on the available Internet providers in your area. So utilize your Zip code to figure out the customized Internet plans for your location. Consider your monthly budget and the devices you’re gonna use the Internet. Navigate to our web page or call us to know about the customized Internet plans for your needs! Checkout my blog @ https://www.best-internet-plan.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. you could sack the team that designed the onenote app in W10

Why have the team removed much of the functionality that actually made it useful for us in the classroom?

We're forced to stick with ON16 (now unsupported I think?) or reduce our effectiveness in class

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1. Allow teachers to turn off the auto-calculate function for all student notebooks if needed.

I no longer can use OneNote for math in my 3rd grade room because students have figured out that auto-calculation occurs when they type in a problem and hit enter.

Teachers should have the capability to turn this off, if needed for the entire class- just as we can decide if we want collaboration space, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I miss the posibility to remove a students who are registrated by a misstake.

En lærer har blitt registrert som elev i klasse OneNote'n min. Savner muligheten til å rette opp slike feil.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Apple Tv Setup Guide

Want to watch high quality entertainment in your home? The world's best brand Apple TV is a perfect option for you. High definition visuals with a great sound technology, Apple TV shows its brand value. Multiple features and excellent user friendly options make Apple TV the best among streaming devices. The Apple TV setup is quite easy when you follow these simple steps as given in our website. Time to enjoy streaming your favorite content in high definition in your home. Visit the website https://www.apple-tv-setup.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Distributing new sections under a section group

I have just discovered that in the new app and online I am unable to distribute section under a section group eg. Timetables<Term 1. This feature is available in OneNote 2016. This feature is really important for my students to be able to organise their sections. I will be devastated to lose this feature :-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. paper size

have the ability to set the paper size to a4 width so that I can easily print the work student have typed in onenote to paper without having to copy the content to word or have the work in word and have the issue of it not saving

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Combinable sections

Please introduce the ability to combine sections instead of manually transferring pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. One note and PowerPoint hybrid

I would love some sort of hybrid between one note and powerpoint! With smartboards becoming obsolete and schools switching to wirelesssly casting to a projector I want slides (curriculum mandated) I can interact with and draw on easily. Powerpoint has a basic "present and draw" functionality but it's no where near as awesome as one note. Give me the ability to present from one note using my surface tablet and extending my screen to my projector.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Doubletap the ruler to flip it 90 degree

For me as an civil engineer most of the time I draw i just need the ruler to be either 0 degree or 90 degree. and it is very annoying that every time i have to flip the ruler i have to adjust the ruler manually. I would save a ton of work if I could just double tap the ruler to flip it 90 degree. Would be a small but for me a very efficient feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. copy text from picture

In OneNote 2016 it was possible to use OCR feature to copy the text from an image inserted in OneNote and paste it as actual text. We have moved to OneNote App and I can not find this feature. I think it is as really useful feature for teachers and students.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Upgrade distribute page in the new OneNote to be the same as OneNote 2016

Please can we have the versatility of the 2016 OneNote Classroom Distribute page to individuals and groups implemented in the new OneNote. This is one of the best features in OneNote 2016 and it is the only reason we are keeping 2016...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy and paste a whole section

Copy and paste a whole section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom background colour in onenote

Hi
    I'm a teacher in primary school. We teach also some pupils with special needs also with scotopic syndrome.
    Is there a possibility to change background colour to custom like Paris Blue / #3b558f Hex Colour Code.
    Thx
    Danijel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. map

It would be useful to be able to create flow charts or mind maps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. cross notebook distribution filter

filter out archived class notebooks and allow searching or organising of class notebooks in some way. It is too difficult and cumbersome to search through hundreds of classes to find the one I am looking for when distributing lessons on the website, in Teams or on OneNote application on Windows, iPad or Android.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to merge cells in tables

Would it be possible for this option to be implemented?
    Currently, the complexity of tables that can be created in OneNote is significantly impaired due to the lack of this option. Tables (E.G. from Microsoft Word) that contain merged cells won't even retain these merged cells if 'copy-and-pasted' into OneNote - the cells will become separated.
    I use OneNote to take notes in lessons. If I am required to make a table that has merged cells, I can't do so. Instead, I have to figure out a way to convey the information in the table effectively without using merged cells.…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base