Education

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. Set Picture as Background

I wish I had the ability to lock the picture as a background on a page so that when I send it, the student copies also have them lock

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk create new sections from import or list

Similar to the ability to bulk create Pages from an import, please add the ability to bulk create Sections from an imported list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. print specific range of pages

When printing, allow user to set which pages to print rather than allowing only current page, current section, current notebook.
    For example, as in Word, user is able to select which pages to print 1-3 or 1, 2, 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. undistribute a page

the ability to undo a page which was distributed

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. set as background image in online app or through Teams

It is beyond me that this isn't a feature enabled in the Teams version of Onenote. For teachers to not be able to set printouts as background image is very problematic. I have teachers who are quickly getting fed up of having to shift between different versions of Onenote in order to distribute one piece of work. I would appreciate this being looked at as soon as possible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. be able to create subsections

Be able to create subsections. I would really like to create sections for each chapter of the text book, and subsections for each unit within that chapter so as not to have hundreds of pages in one section. It is really frustrating that this is not an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Edit note once distributed

I often want to add to class work sheets I have distributed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teacher or presenters need ability to highlight the cursor or pointer.

When teaching or presenting we need the ability to highlight what we are talking about instead of saying "its right there under that", they will be able to see by seeing the highlighted pointer or cursor.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow teachers to group students in other ways than alphabetically.

Right now students are listed alphabetically by first name. It would be nice if we could organize them into groups. I work with multiple grade levels and would like to be able to put all of my 6th graders together and so on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FEEDBACK ISSUES AND COMPLAINT ABOUT One note

1) One note android version has SYNC PROBLEM.....i have to manually sync both of them 2) sometimes I created a note. ..removed some part in windows 10...opened android but LOL...there are duplicate notes side by side

3) sometimes I opened one note...one note is not functioning properly...I unistalled and reinstalled one note...but ALL OF MY NOTEBOOKS..ALL NOTES...THEY ARE JUST GONE...ONE NOTE SAYING can't retrieve notes ever... 4) if I have a large notebook to be opened at one note...one note NEVER TRIES TO OPEN RAPIDLY...IT TAKES A LOTTT MORE TIME

5) there is also a printing issue...only it ALLOWS THE…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. NEED UPGRADATION OF ANDROID One note TO WINDOWS 10 ONENOTE

In short I WANT ONENOTE ANDROID TABLET VERSION TO BE DEVELOPED TO EXACTLY SAME AS WINDOWS 10 VERSION {if not, atleast ipad version}...Very less feature in android,..I need one note in android tab..but don't like it as least feature.

As many people can't afford ipad or windows 10...actually the app is different in three system; that is the main problem Windows maximum features; apple ios moderately & ANDROID has the least features....I want to use windows features in android as it severely lacks in android, you also can check INSTALL ONE NOTE IN ANDROID AND WINDOWS 10..SEE CHANGE

I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change the colors of the rule lines

go to view -> rule lines. there isn't a feature to change the colors of the rule lines, its always blue, please change it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow a subsection for teachers aides

Allow a subsection for teachers aides in which they can acces only students they accompany without being able to modify content library

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. section sync

Fix the problem with sections syncing incorrectly and previous names showing in the section list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide notes

My colleagues and I prepare lessons ahead of time in a separate notebook from our class notebook. We then copy/move the note over to the student notebook before class. It would be really helpful to be able to hides the pages in a notebook to eliminate the copy/move step each day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New students

When new students are added to a Class Notebook, there should be an option to include all previously distributed pages. Or select the pages to distribute. When new students are added to a class, they are at a disadvantage because they do not have access to past materials. It is very tedious to distribute every page to them, especially when they join late in the year.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Print Files to the background

In OneNote 2016 we were able to print a file into a page on OneNote so that it would automatically be set in the background. I have not seen this feature as an option in OneNote for Windows 10. I would like to be able to print a multiple page document into OneNote and have it automatically set in the background so I do not have to right click each page individually and set it as a background.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Verlinkbare Checkboxen

Ich möchte gerne die Übersichtscheck-boxen aus den Schülerseiten in einer Gesamtübersicht im Bereich nur für Lehrer verlinken"
    So hätte man einen guten, raschen Überblick über den Stand der SchülerInnen
    Ursprünglich dachte ich, dass die Checkboxen so etwas wie ein wahr/falsch-Schalter seien....sind sie offenbar nicht
    Gerne würde ich das Programm OneNote dazu nicht verlassen. Also keine Umwege über externe Apps, oder Teamsaufgaben.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drop out button for sub pages

I have a lot of sub page and i dont want it to show always so you could maybe have a little button on notebooks with sub pages that will show or hide subpages

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base