Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. private channel video recording

Can the option to record video meetings in private channels be included please.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a PDF Editable

PLEASE make your PDF an editable option. This is so frustrating to have to come up with different ways for students to work on their assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Schedule class resources to be sent out

Schedule class resources to be sent out at a set time rather than having to set it up in class real time with the amount of connectivity issues it would be

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn off "Snap to Grip" on OneNote for Windows 10

Can you add a feature where you can turn off "Snap to Grid" on OneNote for Windows 10...Please? When you're trying to move shapes or placing your cursor in a specific spot...YOU CAN'T! It will always jump to the invisible grid in the background.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give teachers the ability, when creating common sections, to choose section color and section order and lock it.

Teachers need the ability to color sections and order sections and lock it so it doens’t change in the students notebooks. This would allow easier navigation of notebooks for younger students- K-5.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tick box next to title in tab for class notes page- teachers can see completed for marking!

There needs to be a function in personal pages/ class notes tab where the student can tick completion and I don't have to search

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alphabetize students by LAST name?

Could you please allow students' names to be listed alphabetically by LAST name? Only by first name is maddening! The way it is now takes me too much time when I go back and forth between my notebooks and grade book or other school district documents and lists. An oversight for sure!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete Class Notebook

I deleted a team, but its class notebook is still showing up in my One Note and when I try to cross distribute pages. Please allow us to delete class notebooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is it possible to be able to insert an interactive countdown clock into OneNote?

Is it possible to be able to insert an interactive countdown clock into OneNote?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Teachers to delete a teacher-created sections under student's name in Class Notebook

Being new to Class Notebooks, I created 2 sections under the student's name that I want to delete. Please make it possible to do so under the Distribute Page, Delete feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easier page locking

It would be great to be able to lock a page in a student's sections that isn't distributed to the whole class.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can you make a pen where the ink vanishes after a few seconds?

I'm using OneNote in video lectures and there's no easy way to point at something you've already written. I can draw a little arrow, but then I have to switch to eraser to remove it. Having a pen you can double-tap too where the ink lasts 2-3 seconds would be great. Then you can circle something or whatever, and a few seconds later that vanishes.

see, e.g., https://youtu.be/2KjIBxvOVkc?t=1902 for usage.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Distribute to class notebooks from a non-class notebook

In my school, our department uses a shared "main" notebook which is linked to our department SharePoint site so everyone has access to it. This notebook is not a class notebook, so on the online version, we cannot distribute to our class notebooks (even with cross-distribution).

Would it be possible to add this functionality? You can do it inside the 2016 desktop versions no problem.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto-link (linkback) Feature

Would love a feature to auto-link back to other Notebook, Sections and Pages within OneNote.

There is an App called Roam Research that uses this feature in a great way. Here is a YouTube video explaining why it is so great (https://youtu.be/vxOffM_tVHI).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be nice to add an Activity exercise file from Teams into the class notebook.

When students have returned their pdf execises via Activity sheet, it would be very useful to print the pdf file into class note book.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Select those who have not submitted assignment and send reminder

Check the boxes next to those who have 'viewed' or 'not handed in' and assignment. From a drop down menu choose 'Remind' to send auto chat message/reminder about the assignment,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. hide page

I am in desperate need of a hide page option in notebook for when I'm giving a quiz or test on information the students have written in their notebooks. When teaching virtually, I have no way of knowing if the kids are looking at their notes when taking tests or quizzes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alphabetize student names when making Collaboration Space Groups

When going into Manage Notebooks to give certain students permission/access to sections in the Collaboration space, you have to select students one by one from a checklist. This is fine, but there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason behind the ordering of the students in the list. It would be preferred that students are sorted alphabetically by last name so its faster to find the students in the list!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to lock all pages in a distributed tab at once

In onenote be able to distribute a populated tab to all users at once

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base