Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. set notification via e-mail when student update a specific page or section

It would be good to set notification via e-mail to the listed email(s) when student/stuff member update a specific page or section - not in the whole notebook. It is good for a long time projects.
    And the 2nd part - send e-mail to the student/stuff member when teacher/manager change this page or section (when the content is commented or corrected).
    Thank You

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a similar experience to Jupyter Notebooks

Create cells/blocks or areas which you can shade and keep sections of text together in such a way they have an execution context.

For example, I can write sample Python code, execute and see the results underneath -or inside the section similar to Jupyter notebooks

Support different languages: C#, VB, VBA, JavaScript, R, Python, etc. It's for coding, exploration and learning.

Provide an export feature that can export to a VS.Net project, or open in VS Code or something.

Basically tie in the notebooks.azure.com into OneNote some kind of way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A bookmark for your notebook

sometimes when you are in a class notebook or personal notebook you want to bookmark a section that you were at. i wish there was a button that you could press that a virtual bookmark stops over your notebook and possibly you can write a note to yourself on it about where you were at.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. extract text from PDF

I used to download the PDF in to one note and could search for texts inside the PDF. for some reason it is not doing now. Please restore this option. even better would be to extract the text from PDF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Read only Embedded Files

The new live files feature is game changing, giving users the option to make files read only would make the feature even better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create New

It would be a great feature to be able to create Word, PowerPoint and Excel files directly in One note. For example, right click on a page and select New... Or insert New... If you can import existing, surely it shouldn't be difficult to create a New file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am onenote

oooooooo oooo aaaa spooky onenote ghost

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to delete Entire Notebooks from Manage Notebooks

Ability to delete student sections from Manage Notebooks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to delete Entire Notebooks from Manage Notebooks

Ability to delete Entire Notebooks from Manage Notebooks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make images clickable without Ctrl

Please make images clickable without using the ctrl button! When using a touch screen it makes it very difficult to have to go back and forth to hit the Ctrl button each time you get to an image linked. Using image makes the page more visual appealing and easier for younger users, rather than so many words!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. svg

I want to include an SVG image in OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hypertext link to paragraph relatif

Hypertext link are very useful for student to navigate on a page. But we canot create it before the page is on the good place (teacher only for example). And I’m not sure we can distribute such a link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. whatsapp

get personal documents saved to folders that are easily cut and pasted to other platforms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Build a "Publish to Portfolio" tool for Class Notebook

I think it would be great if there was a "Publish to Portfolio" tool in OneNote Class Notebook. The portfolio could be a separate section in the notebook and using the publish portfolio tool students would be able to add items from anywhere in their notebook to the portfolio section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manage Connection Google Classroom in iPad OneNote

In manage connection, Windows version and Online version have connection to Google Classroom but iPad version doesn’t have. Please add back to unite features for all version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manage Connection Google Classroom in Mac OS

In manage connection, Windows version and Online version have connection to Google Classroom but Mac OS version doesn’t have. Please add back to unite features for all version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Svenska som diktering och uppläsnings val i utbildings verktyget

Vi behöver svenska som valbart språk på diktering och som uppläsningsstöd i utbildningsverktyg

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide/lock sections

When I plan lessons in the content library I don't want students to be able to look at questions ahead of the lesson. Is there a way to hide or lock sections until the lesson so students can only see content once I've taught it?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recording

I suggest that there be a recording section, for college students like me, and that the recording can recognize the time the note that I wrote so if I clicked on the record and then at the note by an arrow pointing down I can listen to the recording from the same time it was taken.
    For example if I wrote a note at 30:27 mins. If I pressed on the small arrow beside the recording I can listen to the recording from the time that note was taken not from the beginning.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base