Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Templates

The biggest feature missing from OneNote (Web, Windows 10 and iPad) is the ability to setup user defined templates, eg:
    Lesson plan
    Observation
    Meeting agenda/minutes

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Order students in class notebook by surname

Is there any way we can list students alphabetised by surname in notebook - as they are in assignments?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Student View when setting up classroom

I am new to the Microsoft Teams, and would love to see how my classroom would look from a student's perspective.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adding Geometric tools

I’d like to find some geometric tools like protractor and compass ruler and so on to use in constructions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Colour code names

It would be great if we could colour code the students name or the tab next to their name.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Editing a page after being distributed by the teacher.

If the teacher already distributed a page through OneNote to the students and then wants to edit this page, he/she must go into each student's section and make the edits. It would be helpful if we can edit them all at one time.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. FACEBOOK LIVE

HOW CAN I BE LIVE ON SESSION WITH NO FLITERS IN REAL LIFE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Delete Section in Staff Notebook

Would be great to be able to delete a staff section from the Staff notebook. I can add and edit but no delete.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Group work and Page Locking

There needs to be 1) and easier way to create student groups within OneNote. Right now, I set up a collaborative space and then have to assign permissions to who has access to the space. The process for assigning permissions is very cumbersome and error prone.

Furthermore 2) there needs to be a way to lock individual pages within this space. In OneNote 2016, it was possible to right-click on a page and choose to lock or unlock the page. There is currently no way to do this in OneNote for Windows 10. Without this ability it's practically impossible to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a class notebook based on a template

I would like to be able to create one notebook that can be used as a template and duplicated - including student sections and pages. This would allow all my classes to have the same set-up in their notebooks without having to manually organise them.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Place new pages automatically above older pages

It would have been great if new pages added and distributed were automatically placed above older pages. This would have easier to navigate with!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to see the time a student last edited something

If you want to see if a student completed something by a particular time, it would be helpful to have some way to see the TIME & DATE when the last edits were made to a page

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add rotation for uploaded images

When students upload images they are not always straight, so it would be great to be able to rotate them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. templates on android onenote

I need to have some page templates on android onenote. For example, having an A4 template to be able to print with the correct sheet size and content scale.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please make shape fill possible!

Please make it possible to fill shapes created in Class notebook and OneNote!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Highlight text by default when giving feedback

Hi, I use OneNote with students in my school and when I mark their work I would like any of my feedback that I add to their work to be automatically highlighted. I tried to change the default text to green as a workaround but OneNote automatically changes the text colour to match the format my student was using when I try to add feedback.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base