Education

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. When printing from student notebook - automatically include the student name as part of print format

It would be helpful if when you print from a student notebook it automatically includes student name in the way it is formatted to print.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distribute sections in the order that you write them in

When you distribute sections to students, onenote tends to put the order that you wrote each section out of wack. Would be nice if it distributed them in exactly the order you wrote, along with being able to choose the colour.
    I find that because each student has their sections in weird orders and different colours compared to other students, this just adds so much confusion when trying to direct them to a section.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. NOTIFICATION TO TEACHER WHEN STUDENT SUBMITS AN ASSIGNMENT

Would it be possible for you to add: notification when a student has submitted an assignment? or at least some way for the teacher to know there has been a new submission? It's not bad when everyone turns in the assignment by the due date and teacher marks them all, but when there is a late assignment, I would like there be a way to be notified. Let me know! Thanks.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Choose order of sorting by date

I would like to be able to choose to have the new page seen at the top of the list rather than the bottom of the list when I distribute a new assignment to my students. A sort feature and different options would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Way to prevent students from deleting the pdf printout from the page

I want the students to be able to annotate the pdf, but not be able to delete the printout from the page. We are losing time when they delete the pdf by mistake.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Collaboration Space permissions

When managing Collaboration Space permissions: 1) Could you please put names in ABC order? 2) can you have a button to select/deselect all?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lock pages

I would like lock page facility to work for al students regardless of the version of OneNote the students have.

Also ability for teachers to lock the titles of pages they sent to students.

More control of student’s individual notebooks for teachers are needed. These controls could be turned on and off so teachers can decide how much editing control their classes have.

pages set in teams assignments with close date activated should automatically be locked when close date has been reached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make pages in a student's private tab invisible

I would like to be able to mark a student's page without them seeing what I have written before I am finished.

Right now to accomplish that I have to copy my students' pages into my "teacher only" section and then move it back into the student's tab when I'm done and ready for them to see it.

Unfortunately I teach about 500 students a term which translates into up to 2000+ homework assignments and the like (so about 4000+ a year).

While the fix I have found is doable for a few students, it has become too time-consuming for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Geraden Strich ziehen durch lange halten

Ich fände es ganz gut, wenn man eine Gerade Linie zeichnen möchte, dass man den Strich nur etwas länger hält und er automatisch geraden zieht, ebenso der Textmarker.
    Eine ähnliche Funktion gibt es auch bei GoodNotes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adjustable axes scale on Cartesian graphs

The graphing feature in one note is invaluable. It would be advantageous for students to be able to set the window and the scale on the graph in order to insert a picture of a specific section of a graph to analyze.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. printing work from multiple students

Would it be possible to look to using the class notebook review student work feature to allow printing of work for all students that have been assigned that OneNote page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alarmas to task

They can add alarms to each task, it would be very convenient for a distracted person

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set PDF as a background in Class Notebook

I would like an option to lock a PDF or set as a background when using class notebook. I direct students to draw or insert text boxes on the PDF page. Unfortunately, students are having trouble navigating. It automatically brings them to the bottom of the page sometimes. But even worse, they may accidentally delete the PDF when using the draw tools, which is frustrating all around.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Checkboxes for Distributed pages?

It would be very helpful for students and teachers to see at a glance that work has been completed if there were checkboxes visible in the titles of pages that are distributed. As students complete the work, they check it off. This is a great way to encourage them to be self regulators.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ALLOW TEACHERS TO DELETE SECTION GROUPS

Cannot delete section group created by accident how stupid

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Setting to control sections and subsections of students onenote

As a teacher I want to be able to create sections and subsections and sub sub sections on students OneNote/class notebook that they can only add to the pages I have distributed. I do not want them able to
    -add new pages (we can create a different section for that if we want),
    -edit titles,
    -change things I have already set as backgrounds to not backgrounds (yes students can do this and defeats the purpose of teachers using setting as background feature in first place)
    -any additional feedback comment students should not be able to delete or edit like they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Link existing OneNote Class Notebook and its members to Teams

I am currently using a OneNote Class Notebook and manually included all my students as members of the Notebook. However, when I want to use Microsoft Teams and link the existing OneNote Class Notebook I already created (including the students) to Teams, I can’t find a way to do this. I can only create a New OneNote Class Notebook, but cannot use a pre-existing Class Notebook. Can someone help me with this matter?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Simpler Share URL

The share URL presumes pasting into a browser, so it has both a file (onenote:https://) and regular URL.

This makes sharing the URL challenging across multiple platforms.

Suggest: Either use aka.ms types of shortened URL or when clicking "share", have OneNote prompt for the type of URL wanted (OneNote Desktop, website, or public access, for example)

PS - Shared URLs go to SPAM for some clients!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base