Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Nice Coordinate Systems

In my physics classes, I'd like the ability to insert nice coordinate systems or custom vector graphics.

I would like to draw my own graphics (nice arrows, grid lines, etc.) and insert it as a shape.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable iframe embedding to embed live content into OneNote

This suggestion is to unify a few other suggestions. I realize that OneNote has made a lot of progress in terms of embedding content but a lot of helpful content is excluded because OneNote does not allow iframe embedding.
    This feature is partially possible by using Sway as a wrapper but it gives mixed results. E.g. an iframe inside a Sway on a OneNote page will open separately in a browser when using OneNote for Windows 10, but will open on the OneNote page when using OneNote Online.
    It would be very useful if one could do that directly in…

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Link existing Class Notebooks to SEQTA option missing

Our staff are all on Win 10 machines using the OneNote app, not the OneNote 2016 app (which isn't being developed any further). The Win 10 OneNote app doesn't have the option to connect to SEQTA. The old OneNote 2016 app used to have the option to connect to SEQTA so I know it can be done. You do have the option to create a class notebook straight from SEQTA so the ability to connect is there, but only one way.

Are there any plans to bring back the option to connect existing class notebooks to SEQTA?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create Hidden Section for ONLY Teachers to see.

This could be useful for teachers sharing notebooks, or even if a teacher has to take a leave of absence.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Math Tool AI 365 Form - Teacher to see data

As of now, only the student can see the quiz results. Is there a way for the teacher of the class notebook to see quiz results? Teachers want to have accountability options, and a way to offer credit/incentives for using this tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make immersive reading features the same in Word and OneNote

Please make the immersive reading features in OneNote the same as in Word. I love the pictures for my students with autism.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include option to toggle pressure and tilt sensitivity of stylus/Apple pencil

The thickening of letters at end of sentence as the pencil gets more tilted towards edge of screen is undesirable.
    It would be better if we could just disable tilt sensitivity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add dotted lines

Has an engineering student I love using gridlines but doted lines are also really useful especially when you want to draw certain things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Blog for students

I would like a blog for the students.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to change the colour of my student tabs, to get a better overview from students in the same group, working on the same project

In class notebook we have a whole group of students working together on the same curriculum, but they are from different classes. It is wonderful that I can share al the content with al my students and with my colleague working on the same subject. However by checking on tasks it would be very easy to categorize the students in i.e. in classes or groups. To change the colour of the student tabs would be sufficient. Is there a possibility to change the colour of the students tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Math ink to text font size

When one converts math writing to text, the font size of the resulting text is often much smaller than the writing was. I imagine it reduces it to a preset size like 12pt. In any case, could you create a setting so that it converts it to text of a similar size than the writing, in relation to the sizes on the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add feature to the "Review Student Work" function of "Not Accessed" and have it quickly bold the students

It would be great to have a feature/check box in the "Review Student Work" function of "Not Accessed" and have it quickly bold the students that haven't worked on assignments. I need a quick check for those that haven't touched documents at all in this age of COVID-19...because it will streamline who I reach out to. Then my 2nd level of triage would be: have opened it, but haven't worked on it. I love how it currently will bold change made...but it would be great to toggle the field to various aspects. Sometimes a student isn't bold...even when they did…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select a page to be the "homepage" that the class notebook opens to

It would be great (especially when working within Teams) to be able to select a page or section and make it so the Class Notebook opens to that location. Having to navigate through the notebook every time you click out of the tab can be a hassle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Review more than one page at a time

I have many pages per class to give feedback to. It would be great to be able to do the cross notebook review of multiple pages per pupils (under the same section), instead of having to review the same page for all, then going back and reviewing another page for the same pupils

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change setting of class notebook to order by last name

Please change the student class notebook to appear in order from top to bottom sorted alphabetically by last name instead of by the student’s first name. Or at least make this an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Distributing Sections with Pages

When distributing sections, it would be handy if the pages inside those sections also were distributed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Organ

Organizing hierarchy

You have 3 hierarchy system for note organizing system, 4 if you count the subpages but this is just not enough, would be better to have proper decided instead of subpages like on a normal notebook.

AND PLEASE ALSO APPLY THIS TO THE IPAD, don’t make it exclusive to windows!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bråklinje

Snälla lägg till bråklinje det skulle hjälpa väldigt mycket i matte uppgifter i OneNote

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Semi circle protractor or Full circle protractor (or both options) in OneNote

Instead of a floating ruler that measures angles, an actual semi circle protractor or full circle protractor (or both options).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base