Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be SUPER useful to have pen tools available when a page is maximised 'teacher whiteboard' during remote learning.

When doing direct teaching with screen share and using the OneNote page maximised as a canvas, it is very frustrating having to swap back and forth when wishing to change pen colour or to highlighter OR just having to keep one colour as frequent min/re-max does everyone's head in.

If the pen tools were available like the QuickNotes when a page is maximised it would be FABULOUS!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A4 page size

It will be really usefull if there would be an option to customize the page size, for instance, A4 size, instead of an inifite page.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Insert a fillable PDF or PDF form into a OneNote page

I'd like to be able to create a PDF form using Adobe Pro DC and then insert that form into OneNote so that the form can still be filled out. Currently, when inserting a PDF with form fields, the forms can't be accessed after inserting into OneNote.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Interactive objects

Children can move pictures of objects to group them to check understanding. Ex. Pictures of coins and children can move coins into names or monetary groups. move all the nickels to category that shows 5 cents.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be extremely helpful to include a date and time stamp.

It would be extremely helpful to include a date and time stamp.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Globally delete sections all at once

Globally delete sections all at once

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. remove students from class notebook

Removing students from our class notebook should be available to teachers

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow students to type in their work on charts, etc, instead of just using draw feature

The draw feature is hard for students to use. It would be easier for them to be able to type in their responses on charts etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Undo section distribution

Sometimes we make mistakes! It would be amazing if we could undo section distribution like we can page distribution.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A4 sized pages, but that can scroll infinitely

I am a university student and love a lot of features OneNote has to offer. Unfortunately, I can’t use OneNote as my primary note taking app as the page size is not compatible with printing. I know I can limit page size to a4 but then I only have a single page. It would be fantastic if there was an option to have a4 sized margins and a marker to notify when you have reached a new page, so that I won’t have to create a new section each time I need a new a4 sized page. The neverending canvas…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to rename a section(s) for all students at once

When setting up the notebook, we choose names for the sections our students will use. After planning, we realize that the sections should be named something else. Rather than having to go through and delete each section one by one, we should be able to choose and rename a section for all students at once

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I miss a pair of compasses to construct circular arcs.

I would like to do geometric constructions with my students. For this I need a pair of compasses with which I can construct circular arcs. The circles under figures is not useful for this, because the center is missing.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ALLOW EDITING IN TEACHER SECTION DISTRIBUTED PAGES AND IT WILL REFLECT IN THE DISTRIBUTED PAGES AUTOMATICALLY

ALLOW EDITING IN TEACHER SECTION DISTRIBUTED PAGES AND IT WILL REFLECT IN THE DISTRIBUTED PAGES AUTOMATICALLY

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Students with two middle names being displayed incorrectly under Review Student Work

Some users on my network have reported that when reviewing student work, the names of some students are incorrect and it makes the students very hard to identify.

For example, the student's name on the left side of OneNote says "Grant Andrew Jonathan Barrie", however when reviewing student work it will say his name as "Andrew, Grant" (as opposed to "Barrie, Grant").

Another example: On the left his name would be "Joseph Kane James Gregg" and on the Review Student Work page it would say "Kane, Joseph"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Options to delete the Sections in Class Notebook

Can it be possible to add or remove permanently Sections in Class Notebook? If not please work on it! I am having trouble of deleting extra Sections that I have created rom beginning...it confuses the students ( the amount of Sections) and now I have to go to each student Notebook to be able to delete these extra Sections that I have created....and I have 12 classes of 25 students in each!!! Please make my life easier!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Retract Page

There needs to a be an option to retract pages as well as distribute pages. If one mistake is made when distributing a page, there is no other way to fix it than to go into each and every folder and change it manually. If we could edit all or retract all and start over, it would save a lot of time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Lock a file onto a notebook page

Locking a picture or file onto a page in a student Notebook so that the students can't delete it. Creating a worksheet in teams that the students can not edit or change. Then they can type or write over the top of the picture without being able to delete it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Being able to PULL an already distributed page from student notebooks.

I would love to be able to remove already distributed pages once they have been distributed. Sometimes I make a mistake that I don't realize until it is too late...or maybe have the function of stopping the distribution while it is still live?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When distributing a page to a class notebook have the option to simultaneously make an assignment on Teams.

Using teams to distribute OneNote when you are already in OneNote is clunky and detracts from an otherwise smooth workflow.

Please add an additional option to automatically make an assignment as you distribute the page to a class.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base