Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Set a time to automatically distribute page

For the super prepared teacher, the ability to create pages for students and schedule a time for that page to be automatically released would be a wonderful .

This would be an amazing tool!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. so i love the sections maybe some flash card options dark mode or black paper highlighter needs to be fixed and last of all zoominwindow pls

so i love this app tho pls fix some things if u did that this app would be better than goodnotes and it would be free so hope u do it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Editing math equations directly without having to circle the ink

I enter a handwritten math equation, which gets wrongly wrongly typeset. When I click on "Fix it", it asks me to circle the part of the ink which I'd like to correct. But often it would be much quicker to just allow me to correct the math type directly. Having the option to input in LaTeX would also be a huge plus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Could you please add report for all pages of all students together

Could you please add report for all pages of all students together

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. lock notebook during test

It would be nice to have the option to be able to lock notebook during a quiz so students are not able to click to other pages and notebooks until they turn in the assignment (closed note test, vs. open note test button). then once they turn in it locks the assignment and opens the notebook. (or auto turns in at the end of a period of time)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Content distribution and marking in OneNote

Hello ! I absolutely love using OneNote for me lessons. The only two things I am missing the most are the possibility to distribute just a link or a screenshot (basically one element that you want to add) in the middle or end... of an already distributed page to the students. I think this will allow more flexible lessons and really help with differentiation. The other think would be, only to lock teacher’s marking on students pages, so if I was to mark with digital ink it would be great if I could chose an option from the tap that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Send notification to Team when a notebook is updated.

When a notebook/shared document on Teams is updated either automatically notify other users in that team that updates have been made OR make it an option to notify other users

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Print Sections - I’d like the ability to be able to right click a section and have an option ‘Print this section’. If the pages could just c

Hey @msonenote , I’d like the ability to be able to right click a section and have an option ‘Print this section’. If the pages could just collate into a pdf or Word doc then for printing then that would be great.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More right-click options & place all of the features from Word into OneNote. (MacBook)

I want to be able to right-click, see most of the features from “Home” and “Insert” appear. There are more sections/features in Word, that I would like to see OneNote. Also be able to customize keyboard shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. diable copying.

I'd love to be able to block students from having the ability to copy a page. They could consult it in the content library, but not copy it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Students can't delete feedback

Currently students can erase teacher content in their own area. This includes any marking and feedback that may have been written on by the teacher. Content added by teachers should not be able to be deleted by students.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Benefits of Recycling Hazardous Waste?

hazardous waste recycling, reuse, and recovery can avoid environmental hazards, protect scarce natural resources, reduce the nation's dependence on raw materials and energy, and provide economic benefits. Learn more about https://www.corpseed.com/service/hazardous-waste-management-authorization

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Syncing is needed in Real Time for Collaboration Space in a Class Notebook

I am attempting to use the collaboration space in a Class Notebook in OneNote. When I tested it with only one user, I found that my syncing was delayed significantly when the other user contributed to the notebook page. The syncing to OneDrive was only triggered when I wrote something on the page. Is there a way to set my OneDrive so that the syncing can occur in real time, rather than only when I write something? This is a feature Google has mastered, and it is causing me to not want to use Microsoft products--even though I think the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give teachers the ability, when creating common sections, to choose section color and section order and lock it.

Teachers need the ability to color sections and order sections and lock it so it doens’t change in the students notebooks. This would allow easier navigation of notebooks for younger students- K-5.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Set Picture as Background

I wish I had the ability to lock the picture as a background on a page so that when I send it, the student copies also have them lock

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Making a OneNote with another person at the same time.

On different divices, you can work with one another at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. dock to Desktop

Dock to desktop is an essential tool for teaching! Please add it back!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tagging students with @ to notify them of feedback

It would be really helpful for teachers or students to be able to tag each other in a OneNote page and for a notification to be created. This way we can let students know they have feedback to attend to. E.g.
    @student-name Please read your feedback on this page and make corrections. Tag me when completed.

It would be important that teacher-tagging could be turned off to avoid nuisance posting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base