Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Undistribute section groups

We use Class Notebook as a "homework diary", and we distribute section groups using OneNote online, one for each school term.

We often need to remove an entire section group that was previously distributed, for example if it was distributed in error, or if the term has passed, so we can reuse the notebook.

It's possible to delete section groups directly from within each pupil section, however when you go to distribute a page, they still show up.

Is there a way to completely remove these previous section groups?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track who writes (digital inking) in collaboration spaces.

When student type, it shows who made the changes. When student use a pen(digital inking) it doesn't show who marked. Could lead to issues of inapropriate language.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. triangle ruler

I wish to have a triangle ruler!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Distribute also custom indicators when a section is distributed

When distributing a section, it would be useful to have the custom indicators also distributed.

Currently, the students have to had them manually and individually

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Maintain default template for a new page when a section is distributed

In the teacher only section, I created a template, and set it to be the default template for any new page created in this section.

When I distribute this section to the students, I want that template to be used by default when they create a new page in this section.

Currently, this feature has to be done manually by each student, otherise every new page they create is a blank new page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Blog for students

I would like a blog for the students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. poder recortar imágenes pegadas desde el porta-papeles

poder recortar imágenes pegadas desde el porta-papeles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring OneNote App ruler to the desktop version

The ruler function in OneNote App is a great idea. Can you bring it to the desktop version?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to lock pages in place. So they do not move when editing text boxes, etc

I have constant issues of pages moving around in a one note document. I need an ability where I can lock pages in place. So that I can freely type within these pages and move the text boxes without clicking to move the page by accident for the hundredth time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Teacher only sections to be copied from one class notebook to another

I spent weeks creating content in my personal notebook over the summer. I had to re-create it twice as I am teaching two sections of the same class. I will teach it three more times this year. I will waste a lot of my precious time recreating work that has already been created. Please allow me to copy the teacher only section from one class notebook to another.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link existing Class Notebooks to SEQTA option missing

Our staff are all on Win 10 machines using the OneNote app, not the OneNote 2016 app (which isn't being developed any further). The Win 10 OneNote app doesn't have the option to connect to SEQTA. The old OneNote 2016 app used to have the option to connect to SEQTA so I know it can be done. You do have the option to create a class notebook straight from SEQTA so the ability to connect is there, but only one way.

Are there any plans to bring back the option to connect existing class notebooks to SEQTA?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base