Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Blackboard/ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration

Hi!

Blackboard is not available in the list of LMS/SIS connectors for ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration.

Blackboard is one of the leading LMS/VLE providers and is used at many Higher Education Institutions worldwide.

Please add Blackboard as a connector for ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Live Pages in Class Notebook

It would be absolutely amazing to have this feature.

Here's how I think it would work:
    Ability to have a page in a Class Notebook that the teacher can write on and that students can edit their own version of in real time. A simple example of the functionality I’m imagining would be as follows:

The teacher creates a new “Live Page” in Class Notebook.

Distribute to student sections.

Teacher can then write a question e.g. “evaluate 5a+b when a=7 and b=2”.

Students can type or ink their answer.

Teacher can review answers in real time (by looking a student…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easier page locking

It would be great to be able to lock a page in a student's sections that isn't distributed to the whole class.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Digital ink to shift if text shifts for annotating

When typing in OneNote, I should be able to press enter and move my text down a line and have the associated ink move down with it. I am taking notes and have used ink to annotate and ask questions, but if I go back to my notes and press enter to add a new line, the ink does not move with the text. It would be awesome if it did.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A log of who has been on the class notebook and a submitted and completed work log or over view of students time working on the notebook

A log of who has accessed the notebook and what they have done, whether submitted work or been working online to complete the work. This could be highlighted that student A has been on and looked at work, but done little or nothing. Student B has completed work while online highlighted against their name. This could be done with the group every task could be tracked who has completed, in progress or not started etc. Whether excel could be linked to do these function or a form of it to work for tracking/performance etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. activity feed

In the class notebook, reviewing work takes an enormous amount of time, and is especially frustrating if significant numbers of students are not completing the page, or if they've accidentally changed the title, causing the review function to separate that into a new page. A general activity feed for the notebook, with a running list of edits that students have made, would be a helpful one-stop-shop

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Collaborative Group

Allow for us to easily create a collaborative group and assigning task to those groups in Class Notebook. It will allow for differentiation and group projects. In addition, groups should have the able to live auto chat. Teacher should also have easy access to each group to listen in on students conversations. There should also be a ability to record transcripts of their conversations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cross Distribute pages across Staff notebook and class notebooks

Cross distribute pages across staff notebooks and class notebooks so that staff are able to collaborate on work together within staff notebook and distribute this work to students to their class notebook.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to change the colour of my student tabs, to get a better overview from students in the same group, working on the same project

In class notebook we have a whole group of students working together on the same curriculum, but they are from different classes. It is wonderful that I can share al the content with al my students and with my colleague working on the same subject. However by checking on tasks it would be very easy to categorize the students in i.e. in classes or groups. To change the colour of the student tabs would be sufficient. Is there a possibility to change the colour of the students tabs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Emailing Students

I would like to be able to send the students in my notebooks an email with instructions for homework or for when I am absent.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Error connecting Class Notebook to Teams

FIX error when connecting class notebook to teams

I have tried to connect my class notebook to teams but I receive an error that says "We ran into a problem. Please check if the notebook belongs to that class."

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Semi circle protractor or Full circle protractor (or both options) in OneNote

Instead of a floating ruler that measures angles, an actual semi circle protractor or full circle protractor (or both options).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow students to a attach a OneNote Page to an assignment in Teams

Currently when I create an assignment on Teams, students can only choose Powerpoint Word, etc to attach. Why can't students choose a OneNote Page to attach to the assignment for submission?
    Just like teachers can choose a OneNote page to attach and then distribute an assignment, a student should be able to choose a OneNote page to attach to an assignment in Teams.

Thanks.
    A Mathematics teacher...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple accounts on iPad for parents with more than one child

Currently on iPad you cannot have more than one account on the OneNote app from the same establishment. Meaning parents with more than one child using Glow.sch.uk accounts for example (who can have multiple Teams accounts on an iPad from the same establishment) are having to completely sign out of OneNote app using the delete credentials feature as the only workaround. This essentially means kicking a child off every Office 365 app on the iPad in order to log back in again with the other child's details. They need to repeat again to switch back to the other child. Can…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Circle drawing from Center!

I teach maths and physics using OneNote. Circles should really be drawn from the center on out.

Say I need a circle of radius 4 cm or 4 grid cells. As it is, I have to draw a circle off site and move the center to the desired position. If I later want to rescale the circle to a different size, the center moves too.

It is quite annoying having to draw a circle of a certain radius, if the pivot point is one of the corners!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Preventing students from manipulating distributed pages

I want to distribute a page to students but lock it so that can't move or delete item yet still allow them to type answers on that page. Also, who would ever repeat terminology for folders. Group section and Sections is an end user nightmare. So simple but so confusing for students and non-techies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tabs staying in position across all platforms

Can tabs stay in position across all platforms? For example, I create a notebook on desktop version then on the online version the tabs are in different location on the web version. Not ideal for the escape room I created for my students who are opening from the web because of distance learning.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PDF editor within OneNote

Please allow to insert, rotate, resize, remove or edit PDF within OneNote, like GoodNotes5 does

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add dotted lines

Has an engineering student I love using gridlines but doted lines are also really useful especially when you want to draw certain things.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Nice Coordinate Systems

In my physics classes, I'd like the ability to insert nice coordinate systems or custom vector graphics.

I would like to draw my own graphics (nice arrows, grid lines, etc.) and insert it as a shape.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base