Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. please reinstate the insert printout function in ClassOneNotes created through

Please reinstate the ability to 'insert a printout' in the Class OneNotes created through MS classroom. This function has been modified to not embed the associated file...this means the printout can not be opened or edited and refreshed from within OneNote.

This was one of the BEST features of OneNote for class use.

If it cant be reinstated then at least provide the ability for it to be an option for Office admins or teachers to set when managing a classroom.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a 'Time Locked' Drop Box

I would love a drop box for time specific assignments. One that I don't have to go and look at time stamps/pages for history if something was completed on time, etc. A collection point where a final assignment can go and I can get to it when time allows - without worrying if kids are making changes that I need to try to account for.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync content library across multiple class notebooks

As a rotary teacher with multiple classes who each have separate class notebooks, many classes have the same documents in their content libraries.

If I have a document which changes in one content library, I have to copy those changes to each class notebook. I am a music teacher with fingering charts for different instruments. If I tweak a change to one fingering chart in one class' content library, I have to copy these changes to all of the class' content libraries. Quite a process for 8 classes.

Any way of syncing these changes automatically?

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Using the “Cross Notebook Distribution…” option under the “Distribute Page” menu in Class Notebook, you can quickly copy content across multiple Class Notebooks simultaneously. Enjoy!

4. Enable embedded video (i.e. from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) within OneNote pages

I would like to be able to embed video (i.e. from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) on pages within my OneNote Classroom content library. I have several flipped classroom lessons with handouts that accompany video lessons, but at the moment I have to have students navigate to the web to view the lessons. I would prefer to have embedded video on the page containing the handout so that my students can take notes without having to switch applications.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow teachers to lock a page across class notebooks

Allowing teachers to lock pages will let us assess better. For example: I have one page of readings, and another that is a graphic organizer. Students were to fill out the graphic organizer using the readings during class and for homework. I'm going to give an open note quiz today where I want to allow students to access the graphic organizer, but not the readings.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Distribute page to single student/groups online

I would like to be able to distribute a page to one student or a group of students while online. I know it's a tool in the app, but I need to be able to do it online.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to embed and then edit Word/excel documents within OneNote

Hello,
    Is there any way to Embed a word or excel file rather than just attach the file or have it visible as an image (print to file)?
    It would be great to be able to send a Word document that I have created elsewhere that students can just click and choose to edit it directly onto the page I’ve attached it to? It’s cumbersome for students to have to open up the file, download it, edit it and then they cannot just save it straight back to the page they opened it from.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Embed FlipGrid

I would like to be able to embed a fully functional FlipGrid in OneNote. FlipGrid already has the correct share function with the iframe code.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create section groups for the students when I create the Class Notebook, create sections under group sections and remove sections.

I would like to create section groups for the students when I create the Class Notebook the first time. It would be great if I also at the same time could create the sections I want under the Group section. I also miss the possibility to remove sections.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Distribute tab sections

Hi, could you please create the function that tab sections can be distributed to class notebooks, rather than just pages. Thanks.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lock teacher mark up comments from deletion

When I give formative feedback onto a students workbook page, I don't want that to be deleted. If the student wants to edit the page after I have marked it then they should create a copy of that page so my feedback stays as evidence of assessment and progression of learning.

514 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow parent access to individual student's Notebook

At the moment, only the teacher and the individual student have access to each student's Notebook. Parents will often ask about their child's progress and what they are specifically doing in class but are not able to see for themselves.

I am not sure of the best way to implement this but either allow the teacher the ability to add outside users or allow an individual student the ability to add someone themselves.

I am able to share my Notebook with outside users but it only allows access to my section. I want to be able to allow parent X…

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need to allow inserted files to be rotated.

Need to allow inserted files to be rotated.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Gradebook section

Add a gradebook sectione

It would be great if OneNote for Classrooms had a gradebook section/system similar to the LMS. For us, having this feature would allow more faculty members to use OneNote exclusively.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. please add ink to text on the existing onenote app

please add ink to text on the existing onenote app

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hand in and plagiarism tool

Hi again! One thing that keeps teachers tied to multiple platforms is the ability to control hand-in assignments and plagarism. My last idea about timing tabs and pages to become visible and invisible for students would solve one part of this, but an automated plagarism control, like Ephorus, of selected tabs and pages, would be a great addition as well. Again, great potential here!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Insert a video into content library, making it easier for flipping lessons

For example, if I create an animated lesson in an app like Show Me or I clip a video from YouTube, I want to insert it. However, when I do it now, it gives me just the audio. Or I have to download it to OneDrive or Video Channel--which takes AGES to do (at least in China). If it was easier to add and playback video in notebooks (as opposed to links to YouTube, which is blocked in some countries like China), then we can flip our classrooms easier.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Class notebook students alphabetize by last name.

Currently when you create a class and add students, the student sections are alphabetized by first name. Most grading apications and other systems go by last name. If it would order them by last on creation would save a lot of time.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Office Lens would be a great app to use with Onenote class notebooks.

Unfortunately, Office lens doesn't work with office 365 accounts!! This is really annoying- our whole school uses office 365- if I want students to photograph their project work at the moment, they have to either email their pics to themselves, download them and then re upload them into their class notebooks. If they could take a pic, and upload it DIRECTLY to their class notebook, they'd be much more likely to do it! at the moment, they cant be bothered. Class notebooks were a great step forward for onenote- this would make it even better

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base