Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Improving TEAMS recording features and chat

As a teacher, it has been a great tool to be able to share my screen with my students and record my lessons through TEAMS. But I would like to be able to pause the recordings and restart without having to stop the recording totally. I record generally as I am teaching but have to pause frequently to help a student. As it is, the recording has to continue so there is "dead space" in the recording for those who view it later.
    Second, I would love to have a feature to disable ALL chats among group members. It doesn't…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notebook sections shouldn’t start with blank pages.

Sections shouldn’t automatically start with an untitled page- this makes setting up student notebooks difficult.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teacher or presenters need ability to highlight the cursor or pointer.

When teaching or presenting we need the ability to highlight what we are talking about instead of saying "its right there under that", they will be able to see by seeing the highlighted pointer or cursor.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to be able to order sections in class notebook.

I created sections for each of my students’ class notebook when setting up the class notebook in Teams. However, when i open each student’s class notebook, the sections are not in the same order. I am unable to change the order, the colours of the section tabs are different in each student notebook, and even the order of sections in each notebook is different. I’d like to be able to decide on the order of the sections and ensure these are the same for each student. This would make organisation much easier.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When Showing Authors, a Time Stamp would be nice to see when they made the addition/edit/omission

When Showing Authors, a Time Stamp would be nice to see when they made the addition/edit/omission

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove permission to change page titles

Students will often accidentally change the page title of a distributed page and it then doesn't show up in the review student work. Would it be possible to have an option to set everything to background, including the title so that students can type/ink over the top with out being able to change the page structure.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Content Library - Updating (not copying) across multiple notebooks

I see that there was a previous similar suggestion that you have marked as completed but I have yet to actually achieve what is needed.

I need to update the sections and pages already in a content library across multiple class notebooks.

WIth COVID-19 many schools are now using OneNote to deliver online learning. The content library is where many of us are putting lessons each week as the students can't make changes to theses pages. Lots of teachers who have multiple classnote books will be wanting to update the content library each week I would think.

When I want…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OneNote Class Notebooks: a simple way to delete or update pages already pushed to student notebooks.

In OneNote Class Notebooks: a simple way to delete or update pages already pushed to student notebooks would be a HUGE plus.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set a time to automatically distribute page

For the super prepared teacher, the ability to create pages for students and schedule a time for that page to be automatically released would be a wonderful .

This would be an amazing tool!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Student "Handouts" editable but not deletable?

My issue is I create a pdf handout, send it to the students. Inevitably the students either delete the handout or move it around. I would like the handout to be "anchored" to the page but still allow the students to type on top or write on top of it.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Print Sections - I’d like the ability to be able to right click a section and have an option ‘Print this section’. If the pages could just c

Hey @msonenote , I’d like the ability to be able to right click a section and have an option ‘Print this section’. If the pages could just collate into a pdf or Word doc then for printing then that would be great.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Students can't delete feedback

Currently students can erase teacher content in their own area. This includes any marking and feedback that may have been written on by the teacher. Content added by teachers should not be able to be deleted by students.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Syncing is needed in Real Time for Collaboration Space in a Class Notebook

I am attempting to use the collaboration space in a Class Notebook in OneNote. When I tested it with only one user, I found that my syncing was delayed significantly when the other user contributed to the notebook page. The syncing to OneDrive was only triggered when I wrote something on the page. Is there a way to set my OneDrive so that the syncing can occur in real time, rather than only when I write something? This is a feature Google has mastered, and it is causing me to not want to use Microsoft products--even though I think the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. dock to Desktop

Dock to desktop is an essential tool for teaching! Please add it back!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. undistribute a page

the ability to undo a page which was distributed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reinstate the ability to email a OneNote page that was removed in the upgrade from the 2016 version to the 2019 version

Reinstate the ability to email a OneNote page that was removed in the upgrade from the 2016 version to the 2019 version

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Insert comment

Sometimes I need to write a small note or comment about a certain sentence on the margin of the page, but to know to which sentence or paragraph this note is for , I usually draw an arrow along the whole text till the note. I thought it would be much easier if the program had the feature of inserting a comment ( as the one in Word )

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to set colour of tabs in Class notebook for entire class of students

When I create a class notebook and assign colours to the tabs, I would like all of the students tabs to match mine. As we colour code our units and the class notebook will also match with those students who work on paper.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to copy Word content to OneNote without so many unsupported features

I wanted to migrate my paper worksheets made with Word to OneNote. But when I copy the content, formulas are not supported and tables and pictures are not shown properly as well. I could add my Word document as a printout, but then I cannot edit it anymore. I could share the Word document instead with my students but OneNote would be far better for writing with a pencil and annotating and for class notebook integration.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give teachers the ability, when creating common sections, to choose section color and section order and lock it.

Teachers need the ability to color sections and order sections and lock it so it doens’t change in the students notebooks. This would allow easier navigation of notebooks for younger students- K-5.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base