Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. ALLOW TEACHERS TO DELETE SECTION GROUPS

Cannot delete section group created by accident how stupid

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Communication with teachers

Communicating with teachers is an essential feature which should be added. Communication such as comments sections where students can ask their teachers questions about certain aspects of the work posted on OneNote.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To excess the Education

The education is more than lessons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. be able to see the time and date student last modified something on iPad

be able to see the time and date student last modified something on iPad. I can see the last modified date and time on the desktop version of OneNote, but can’t do it on iPad or the OneNote online app. Please help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Place new pages automatically above older pages

It would have been great if new pages added and distributed were automatically placed above older pages. This would have easier to navigate with!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Interactive objects

Children can move pictures of objects to group them to check understanding. Ex. Pictures of coins and children can move coins into names or monetary groups. move all the nickels to category that shows 5 cents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete a student

When a student is deleted from a team offer the option to delete them from the class notebook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Copy/distribute sections/section groups

Improve the copying of sections and groups (Not distributing - That is a different story).

Currently, when I want to copy a section/section group, I right click, choose copy and I am then presented with a small window showing a fully expanded tree of all my notebooks. When I have 20 odd classes, all with 30 students in it that makes for a big tree that I then have to scroll through, making the process untenable. We need to have a simple copy/paste on right click. Like anything else (ever) in software, right click and copy, then go to where…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Correction pen

I think it would be interesting to have a separate set of pens for corrections. These pens could be seen by teachers, but not the students until the correction is done.
    For instance, let's say a teacher has 60 writings to correct. They can't be corrected all at once. That teacher could pick a "correction pen" and name it as "writing", then use it to correct or review all the student's work in a span of a few days.
    Once done, the teacher could turn that pen "visible" for the students, so all reviews and marks would be "published" at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Digital ink to shift if text shifts for annotating

When typing in OneNote, I should be able to press enter and move my text down a line and have the associated ink move down with it. I am taking notes and have used ink to annotate and ask questions, but if I go back to my notes and press enter to add a new line, the ink does not move with the text. It would be awesome if it did.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. activity feed

In the class notebook, reviewing work takes an enormous amount of time, and is especially frustrating if significant numbers of students are not completing the page, or if they've accidentally changed the title, causing the review function to separate that into a new page. A general activity feed for the notebook, with a running list of edits that students have made, would be a helpful one-stop-shop

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A One-Stop Shop for Formative Assessment and Tracking Learning

At the moment I use Plickers to check homework. The kids love it. I then teach the content, then I use Go Formative to test the students on their understanding. In Go Formative I am able to embed an interactive whiteboard, where the students can write their responses. I then give the students other work to do while I check their Go Formatives. I am then able to give them feedback and give them a score, which equates it to a percentage. What I do then is screenshot the Go Formative summary and copy and paste this into the class…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an 'in-tray' for OneNote / Teams assignments

Add an 'in-tray' section to class notebooks of assignments that have been completed by students in order to facilitate grading.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. pdf searchable

Having only 2016 version able to make PDF text searchable in order to utilize immersive reader is a barrier to utilizing immersive reader with students.
    Inserted printouts should be able to be read by immersive reader automatically or at the very least, text searchable command should be available online and in app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Emailing Students

I would like to be able to send the students in my notebooks an email with instructions for homework or for when I am absent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ■ タイトル 共同編集時のタイムラグが長い Long time lag when co-authoring

■ タイトル
    共同編集時のタイムラグが長い
    Long time lag when co-authoring

■ 内容
    OneNote を共同編集する際、変更内容が反映されるまでのタイムラグが長い。
    変更内容の反映に 5 秒 ~ 10 秒程度かかってしまい使い勝手が悪い。

一方、ホワイトボードなどは同環境でリアルタイムに変更が更新されている。

共同編集はタイムラグなく、リアルタイムに更新がかかるように改善を強く求めます。

When co-authoring OneNote, there is a long lag before changes are reflected.
    It takes about 5 to 10 seconds to reflect the changes, which is not convenient.

On the other hand, changes such as "whiteboard" are updated in real time in the same environment.

Collaborative editing urges improvements so that updates can be performed in real time without a time lag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. cropping images on OneNote

would be great to crop an image on onenote

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Assessment Mode - Lock rest of so student can't look at previous work whilst being assessed

When using OneNote for Assessment i dont want student to be able to look at other bits of there note books and "cheat"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Distribute Pages Quicker

One of the least classroom friendly issues in my experience with OneNote is how long it takes for pages to distribute. I can post something to Google classroom within seconds, but uploading a new page into my notebook and then distributing it to students takes upwards of 10 minutes sometimes... (big PDFs may take all day I've found, even with our school's gigabit internet connection) And then it doesn't really even show up once the distributing has "finished" - it is only visible on the web app for another who-knows-how-many minutes.

Teachers really need a "real-time" distribution system within OneNote.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sync still takes too long

Even with just 2 users, the sync experience is variable and nowhere near as consistent with Google Docs. Sometimes the notebook has to be manually synced, other times it works automatically. With more active users in a class notebook the problem is worse.

To reduce the overhead of a class notebook constantly syncing there could be an option to set how often the teacher would like all users and clients to sync. For example, if the teacher is just sending out a page with instructions for pupils to refer to then the sync frequency can be reduced to a default…

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base