Education

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. Notification for Onenote classroom

I would like my students to receive a notification (push notification/email etc) whenever I post a new material in the content library. It would be even better if I can select notification settings for certain posts. The struggle is real when the students keep asking what is where. I've been struggling with this for years now. Even though I'm a fan of Onenote classrooms it's clear that Google classroom is ahead of the game when it comes to notifications...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graph Paper in Windows 10 version and/or Online version

I teach math and would love for students and myself to have the ability to insert graph paper on a page in OneNote online or Windows 10 version like they can in the desktop version.

Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reviewing student work: case sensitive page titles

When using the Class notebook review function, titles should not be case sensitive. If I decide to ask students to submit an activity we have done in class, I usually ask them to name the page with a particular title and move it to their homework section. I inevitably get at least 5 variations on the capitalisation, punctuation, and spelling, making it harder to view their work in the review function. Manually editing the titles in 30 student notebooks is not practical. Making the titles case sensitive, and if possible ignoring punctuation, would make this a lot easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Collaboration Space Permissions

It would be great to have the ability to load a list of student names to a collaboration space section. If not that, at least being able to order the names alphabetically and check/uncheck all functionality.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent students from creating workbooks

Have an ability for admins to lock down OneNote so that students are unable to create their own workbooks, instead relying on the workbooks created for them by their teachers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Some functions available on the 2016 OneNote need to be carried forward into new version.

• Creating new section groups in teacher folders (not just distributing new sections groups to students).

• Email individual pages to other teachers.

• Fix syncing errors (not evident in 2016 version).

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teacher notes appearing in students' pages without having to redistribute an updated page.

I would like to be able to edit/write on my 'master' copy so that students' pages are immediately updated. For example, when working out a question or making notes, it would be great to have a feature where with information immediately appears on their pages instead of them having to copy it down.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notebook sections shouldn’t start with blank pages.

Sections shouldn’t automatically start with an untitled page- this makes setting up student notebooks difficult.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. lock notebook during test

It would be nice to have the option to be able to lock notebook during a quiz so students are not able to click to other pages and notebooks until they turn in the assignment (closed note test, vs. open note test button). then once they turn in it locks the assignment and opens the notebook. (or auto turns in at the end of a period of time)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Clear writing on Content Library pages.

I regularly/repeatedly use OneNote to teach lessons. I would prefer to use my Content Library pages as templates. It would be very helpful to have a button that would erase/clear all of the writing on a page (from a previous lesson), rather than having to use the eraser.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a feature similar to Words "comments"

As in Word where you can have a comment to the side, it would be nice to have that in OneNote too!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Math assistant for Microsoft Office 365

Math Button (as in OneNote for Windows 10) in the draw is not available in OneNote for Microsoft Office 365.

Math Button can convert the hand written math equations to test and then it can plot 2D or 3D.

Please add the Math Button to the Draw tab in OneNote for MS Office 365

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ready for Review and Reviewed buttons

It would be great if there were buttons students could click to make it known that their work is ready for teacher review. Also, a place to record simple feedback (checkmark, question mark, X etc), or maybe the teacher could pick the emojis they want as options?

Right now, I have my students add a thumbs up emoji to the start of the page title when it is ready for me to look at. It works well, but I'd love a way to quickly remind myself that I have looked at something already.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. List students in OneNote by Surname/First name

Be able to toggle between listing the students by First name / last name. It is annoying that all my other systems (Reviewing on OneNote, Teams assignments, reports on iSams etc) are (or can be) alphabetical by last name but the main list of students on OneNote is fixed to be by first name, which is not how we normally work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to delete sections from all students in a class simultaneously

Feature needed to simultaneously delete sections from each student in a class (and over multiple class notebooks)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Only OneNote = OneNote 2016 + OneNote Windows 10

Please combine the different versions of OneNote.

Only OneNote = OneNote 2016 + OneNote Windows 10

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Language and spell check

My students miss having a spell check function in OneNote, such as in Word. Students wold also like to choose which language to write in and to have a spell-check in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Distribute sections in the order that you write them in

When you distribute sections to students, onenote tends to put the order that you wrote each section out of wack. Would be nice if it distributed them in exactly the order you wrote, along with being able to choose the colour.
    I find that because each student has their sections in weird orders and different colours compared to other students, this just adds so much confusion when trying to direct them to a section.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. NOTIFICATION TO TEACHER WHEN STUDENT SUBMITS AN ASSIGNMENT

Would it be possible for you to add: notification when a student has submitted an assignment? or at least some way for the teacher to know there has been a new submission? It's not bad when everyone turns in the assignment by the due date and teacher marks them all, but when there is a late assignment, I would like there be a way to be notified. Let me know! Thanks.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Way to prevent students from deleting the pdf printout from the page

I want the students to be able to annotate the pdf, but not be able to delete the printout from the page. We are losing time when they delete the pdf by mistake.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base