Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Distribute read only pages in ClassNotebook

I want to distribute my evalutations of the students in Class Notebook, that I later can update during the school year so my students always can see how they perform in the curriculum. I've thought of doing a template that I can distribute to the students notebooks and then update them accordingly. However, it is (of course) essential that these pages is read only for the students. Please make it possible to "lock down" distributed pages.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. feedback - 2 way private conversation / keep a log

OneNote and Classnote (and teams) are all missing the ability for staff to provide a log of feedback or a private conversation to the student. Feedback from both student and teacher needs a real investment. Comments on documents is ok but students (and staff) are able to delete comments.

A log would be great to be kept and possibly to be hidden.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Svenska som diktering och uppläsnings val i utbildings verktyget

Vi behöver svenska som valbart språk på diktering och som uppläsningsstöd i utbildningsverktyg

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. default font

I would like to be able to change my default font. Especially because size 11 is too small to show on the board for a class. Even at least changing the default size would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. smart calendar

Add a smart calendar to the desktop and mobile app

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to distribute multiple pages at once in online version of Class Notebook

Distributing multiple pages at once with a simple check box tool in the online version of Class Notebook would save a significant amount of time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Doubletap the ruler to flip it 90 degree

For me as an civil engineer most of the time I draw i just need the ruler to be either 0 degree or 90 degree. and it is very annoying that every time i have to flip the ruler i have to adjust the ruler manually. I would save a ton of work if I could just double tap the ruler to flip it 90 degree. Would be a small but for me a very efficient feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would it be possible to have an option to delay the distribution of a page to a class notebook? For example, having created a page at 3.30pm

Would it be possible to have an option to delay the distribution of a page to a class notebook? For example, having created a page at 3.30pm

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Distributing Page from Notebook in a personal account

When I try to distribute a page from a Notebook from a personal account, the distribution side bar just spins. If I try to distribute a page from a section that is in the class notebook, it works ok. This problem is not present in OneNote 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Every feature NOTION has

One Note should have features that Notion has. Specially adding a page from provided template. And hashtags should be included in onenote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. provide graphic organisers

have a selection of organisers for students and teachers to select/use in the notebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give us back the classnotebook icon for people with a Microsoft 365 A3 license

With Microsoft 365 A3 faculty license, the Icon in App Launcher for the Class Notebook is not available. With other license types it is.

So please fix this!

More info:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/no-class-notebook-icon-in-app-launcher/4d403928-f0bb-4718-b423-c9a35cdd0e01

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. extra credit

When OneNote is connected with powerschool it won't recognize extra credit even if powerschool will . Example: when typing in 41/40 it won't give you the ability to submit grades.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to insert imbeded videos in mac version.

I have to use my work PC to embed a video. Our district blocks YouTube videos unless they are embeded so a link doesn’t work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set a time/date for Page Locks

Include a timed page lock feature that allows teachers to set a time/date for a specific page in OneNote to be locked to all students. This allows teachers to enforce the due date for an assignment that students are working on.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notify Student/Parents to check graded work/teacher comments

I would like teachers to be able to send a notification when work is graded or comments are made on assignments in One Note Class Notebooks.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Maths solve quadratics using factorising

Ability to solve quadratics using Quadratic formula and complete the square method available in OneNote page. Would like to see factorising method available also for suitable equations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Background Colour

I am an educator at Cardiff and Vale College and creating resources for dyslexic students in OneNote Desktop. I have changed page colours to make them dyslexia friendly although when opening in the online version this reverts back to standard white.

I am aware this has been reported and the response has been that there is no option in OneNote online to change the background colour neither is there any plans to include this in any future upgrades.

Therefor I would like to stress how inportant it is for this feature to be enabled on Onenote online and any other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Permettre l'installation d'un ruban sur One Note pour les enfants dyspraxiques et dyslexiques (déjà installable sur Word)

J’utilise pour mon fils dyspraxique un ruban Word téléchargeable qui permet d'ajouter des fonctions essentielles pour lui en classe comme pour ses devoirs à la maison. Ce ruban s'appelle STUDYS, il gratuit et encore une fois vital pour mon fils.
    Il utilise également One Note en classe mais son utlisation est finalement réduite car le ruban Studys n'est pas installable dans One Note. Il est du coup obligé de travailler sur Word (avec absence d'enregistrement automatique) pour ensuite procéder à une impression virtuelle qui l'oblige à choisir dans une petite fenêtre LA page One nOte de destination (Il utilise comme…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. create summary page

In 2016 you could create a summary page for all your tags. That is now not there. ;(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base