Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Tick box next to title in tab for class notes page- teachers can see completed for marking!

There needs to be a function in personal pages/ class notes tab where the student can tick completion and I don't have to search

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alphabetize students by LAST name?

Could you please allow students' names to be listed alphabetically by LAST name? Only by first name is maddening! The way it is now takes me too much time when I go back and forth between my notebooks and grade book or other school district documents and lists. An oversight for sure!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Distribute pages to students individually from one class notebook to another

It would be great if it was possible to distribute pages to students (individually og groups) from one class notebook to another. We often work in different notebooks, and that would save us some time if we were able to distribute directly to students (individually) in another notebook.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lock a file onto a notebook page

Locking a picture or file onto a page in a student Notebook so that the students can't delete it. Creating a worksheet in teams that the students can not edit or change. Then they can type or write over the top of the picture without being able to delete it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make shape fill possible!

Please make it possible to fill shapes created in Class notebook and OneNote!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to add an Activity exercise file from Teams into the class notebook.

When students have returned their pdf execises via Activity sheet, it would be very useful to print the pdf file into class note book.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to set colour of tabs in Class notebook for entire class of students

When I create a class notebook and assign colours to the tabs, I would like all of the students tabs to match mine. As we colour code our units and the class notebook will also match with those students who work on paper.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Templates

The biggest feature missing from OneNote (Web, Windows 10 and iPad) is the ability to setup user defined templates, eg:
    Lesson plan
    Observation
    Meeting agenda/minutes

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Globally delete sections all at once

Globally delete sections all at once

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Making teacher comments as read only on student pages

When I give feedback to students' work, I would like the ability of these notes to be read only from the student view. I ink my comments and some of my "active" students delete my comments off their assignment. Now, I have to rewrite the comment and sometimes I forget what I put there as I'm marking a lot of assignments.

Also, I understand that we can lock pages but I rather my comments be there (and read only) and then student can add to their work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Insert a fillable PDF or PDF form into a OneNote page

I'd like to be able to create a PDF form using Adobe Pro DC and then insert that form into OneNote so that the form can still be filled out. Currently, when inserting a PDF with form fields, the forms can't be accessed after inserting into OneNote.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Conversion of hand written notes to text

Feature to convert handwritten notes to text will be most helpful. We take a lot of noted in meetings and this feature saves time if we could post Meeting minutes right from our notes.

Also, feature recognize hand written notes using a search would be helpful.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote Class Notebooks: a simple way to delete or update pages already pushed to student notebooks.

In OneNote Class Notebooks: a simple way to delete or update pages already pushed to student notebooks would be a HUGE plus.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you make a pen where the ink vanishes after a few seconds?

I'm using OneNote in video lectures and there's no easy way to point at something you've already written. I can draw a little arrow, but then I have to switch to eraser to remove it. Having a pen you can double-tap too where the ink lasts 2-3 seconds would be great. Then you can circle something or whatever, and a few seconds later that vanishes.

see, e.g., https://youtu.be/2KjIBxvOVkc?t=1902 for usage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Correction pen

I think it would be interesting to have a separate set of pens for corrections. These pens could be seen by teachers, but not the students until the correction is done.
    For instance, let's say a teacher has 60 writings to correct. They can't be corrected all at once. That teacher could pick a "correction pen" and name it as "writing", then use it to correct or review all the student's work in a span of a few days.
    Once done, the teacher could turn that pen "visible" for the students, so all reviews and marks would be "published" at…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-link (linkback) Feature

Would love a feature to auto-link back to other Notebook, Sections and Pages within OneNote.

There is an App called Roam Research that uses this feature in a great way. Here is a YouTube video explaining why it is so great (https://youtu.be/vxOffM_tVHI).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Class Notebook: Page sorter and organizer tool

A tool that gives you the opportunity to:
    1. Create a sorting template of sections and subpages the students pages will sort after automatically.
    2. Force pages that are previously distibuted into the sorting template.
    3. Choose whether the new pages appear at the top or at the bottom of the page list (i'm not sure if this is implemented already).

At this time there is a lot of loose pages in the students folders, and I would like a tool to easily edit how they are sorted and organized, all of them at the same time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification when someone post something new in his private section of the notebook.

I suggest to insert a notification when someone post something new in his private section of the notebook. Because in this moment, if some student modify one page of his private section, teachers don't recive any notification. I have 20 students and I have to open every section of every student to check if he write something new in his papers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Review Student Work Options

I would like to be able to change font colors (I comment in red, so students can easily see.) and the sticker option on the Review Student Work page. It would make grading and commenting much easier than having to switch tabs to grab a new font color or insert a sticker.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Select those who have not submitted assignment and send reminder

Check the boxes next to those who have 'viewed' or 'not handed in' and assignment. From a drop down menu choose 'Remind' to send auto chat message/reminder about the assignment,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base