Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. OneNote split screen feature to open two notes at one time

PLEASE make it possible to do a split screen feature within One Note! So then I could have two notes open at the same time. This would help with studying! OneNote is the only thing I use for school and this would be so helpful. It would then allow me to open up 3 items with the Ipad Split Screen feature.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Map connections, class notebooks, and students in the cloud... not on each individual device.

I grade on several devices...my iphone, surface pro, my all in one desktop at home, my classroom pc's, etc. Even when i use onenote online i have to do the process again. Madness! Every device i use, i need to go through the LMS login, then map the notebook to my existing powerschool course, then map all the students. EVERY TIME a new device is used!!!!.

Please push this process to the class notebook creation, and get it set up once!

As of now if i go to create an assignment in class notebook I have to ensure that each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. copy text from picture

In OneNote 2016 it was possible to use OCR feature to copy the text from an image inserted in OneNote and paste it as actual text. We have moved to OneNote App and I can not find this feature. I think it is as really useful feature for teachers and students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TABS ON TOP PLEASE!!!!!

TABS ON TOP PLEASE!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. it would be great to have a feature which shows usage data. For example how many times they visited a certain section, page or link.

it would be great to have a feature which shows usage data and stats. For example how many times they visited a certain section, page or link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Inexpedient naming of Class Notebook in Teams

When creating Class Notebook in Teams in danish, the Notebook gets a long prefix "Notebogen tilhørende ...", please remove ASAP!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Word Finder

Find Words instead of finding yourself

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Distribute a new type of Section to student Section Groups- Teacher Only Page Production

Allow the teacher to distribute a new type of section into student section groups. Inside of this new type of section, students can edit a page, but not create new pages or delete existing pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Syncing issues in OneNote app

When we distribute pages using the OneNote app we have major issues with anything that was printed to OneNote syncing

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Saving customised stickers

Customising stickers is great in OneNote but can there be a way to save them as we use marking codes in our school and not having to type these over and over again would cut down the time it takes to add stickers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drag from OneDrive to OneNote

Please allow teachers / students to drag documents of any kind from OneDrive online to the OneNote App. Currently I have to save the documents to my computer and then drag them to OneNote. I don't understand why these programs don't work together.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Using one Note App to Export

As of right now I am not able to export using the app, which is imperative if I want to send out a mass copy of a notebook package for their own use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Using a Screen Reader and Annotation Tools

I have a school that is using O365, they want to annotate a PDF and use a screen reader. OneNote doesn’t work because the immersive reader pulls them off the PDF so they can’t annotate at the same time they are using the reader. I tried using Microsoft Edge and the inking tool but then read mode isn't available. The Chrome extensions I’ve used won’t work in OneNote because the PDF comes off as an image and not text.

Do you have a suggestion or work around to annotate a PDF and use a screen reader at the same time…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to have automatically insert printout as background

the option is available in OneNote 2016. For Win 10 Apps, it has to be done for every page that is inserted as printout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. grammarly

Add Grammarly to OneNote!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Icon to show locked pages

There should be an icon in the pages section to show if a page is locked. This would easily inform both teachers and students.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If not bringing back OneNote Desktop, make APP as functional as the desktop version please!

There are many features missing in the app, and my entire school went to OneNote for it's great functionality and now that we're updated we have lost a lot of the power of the program. Please, either go back to desktop version or make the APP as powerful.
    Specifically at the moment I'm pulling out my hair that I can't rename an embedded file by simply right clicking on the file like before. I also miss the email page button. The list goes on and on. Help please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to create assignments across notebooks

It would be great to be able to create one assignment that is assigned to multiple classes to all the classes at once. Otherwise, it has to be created one at a time for each class. It also would be great to be able to assign a page that does not live in the same notebook connected to an LMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. paper size

have the ability to set the paper size to a4 width so that I can easily print the work student have typed in onenote to paper without having to copy the content to word or have the work in word and have the issue of it not saving

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. marking

give the teacher the ability to mark the work without having to write over the top of the students work, as I have wanted to print the work after marking, but not have the ink printed also, maybe give us a option to review and mark work that falls under the same option as the word comments, where we can turn them off or on

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base