Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Interactive objects

Children can move pictures of objects to group them to check understanding. Ex. Pictures of coins and children can move coins into names or monetary groups. move all the nickels to category that shows 5 cents.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to set colour of tabs in Class notebook for entire class of students

When I create a class notebook and assign colours to the tabs, I would like all of the students tabs to match mine. As we colour code our units and the class notebook will also match with those students who work on paper.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I miss a pair of compasses to construct circular arcs.

I would like to do geometric constructions with my students. For this I need a pair of compasses with which I can construct circular arcs. The circles under figures is not useful for this, because the center is missing.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Syncing is needed in Real Time for Collaboration Space in a Class Notebook

I am attempting to use the collaboration space in a Class Notebook in OneNote. When I tested it with only one user, I found that my syncing was delayed significantly when the other user contributed to the notebook page. The syncing to OneDrive was only triggered when I wrote something on the page. Is there a way to set my OneDrive so that the syncing can occur in real time, rather than only when I write something? This is a feature Google has mastered, and it is causing me to not want to use Microsoft products--even though I think the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Globally delete sections all at once

Globally delete sections all at once

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teacher or presenters need ability to highlight the cursor or pointer.

When teaching or presenting we need the ability to highlight what we are talking about instead of saying "its right there under that", they will be able to see by seeing the highlighted pointer or cursor.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Colour code names

It would be great if we could colour code the students name or the tab next to their name.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Only OneNote = OneNote 2016 + OneNote Windows 10

Please combine the different versions of OneNote.

Only OneNote = OneNote 2016 + OneNote Windows 10

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be SUPER useful to have pen tools available when a page is maximised 'teacher whiteboard' during remote learning.

When doing direct teaching with screen share and using the OneNote page maximised as a canvas, it is very frustrating having to swap back and forth when wishing to change pen colour or to highlighter OR just having to keep one colour as frequent min/re-max does everyone's head in.

If the pen tools were available like the QuickNotes when a page is maximised it would be FABULOUS!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A4 sized pages, but that can scroll infinitely

I am a university student and love a lot of features OneNote has to offer. Unfortunately, I can’t use OneNote as my primary note taking app as the page size is not compatible with printing. I know I can limit page size to a4 but then I only have a single page. It would be fantastic if there was an option to have a4 sized margins and a marker to notify when you have reached a new page, so that I won’t have to create a new section each time I need a new a4 sized page. The neverending canvas…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Delete Section in Staff Notebook

Would be great to be able to delete a staff section from the Staff notebook. I can add and edit but no delete.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Templates

The biggest feature missing from OneNote (Web, Windows 10 and iPad) is the ability to setup user defined templates, eg:
    Lesson plan
    Observation
    Meeting agenda/minutes

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shortcuts

We should have some keyboard shortcuts so we could change between pens and erasers without taking so long time. Usually the drawing softwares have it and it's the only stuff i'd rather use theses softwares than one note

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a class notebook based on a template

I would like to be able to create one notebook that can be used as a template and duplicated - including student sections and pages. This would allow all my classes to have the same set-up in their notebooks without having to manually organise them.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to see the time a student last edited something

If you want to see if a student completed something by a particular time, it would be helpful to have some way to see the TIME & DATE when the last edits were made to a page

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Insert a fillable PDF or PDF form into a OneNote page

I'd like to be able to create a PDF form using Adobe Pro DC and then insert that form into OneNote so that the form can still be filled out. Currently, when inserting a PDF with form fields, the forms can't be accessed after inserting into OneNote.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Lock a file onto a notebook page

Locking a picture or file onto a page in a student Notebook so that the students can't delete it. Creating a worksheet in teams that the students can not edit or change. Then they can type or write over the top of the picture without being able to delete it.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notebook sections shouldn’t start with blank pages.

Sections shouldn’t automatically start with an untitled page- this makes setting up student notebooks difficult.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Place new pages automatically above older pages

It would have been great if new pages added and distributed were automatically placed above older pages. This would have easier to navigate with!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base