Education

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. Making teacher comments as read only on student pages

When I give feedback to students' work, I would like the ability of these notes to be read only from the student view. I ink my comments and some of my "active" students delete my comments off their assignment. Now, I have to rewrite the comment and sometimes I forget what I put there as I'm marking a lot of assignments.

Also, I understand that we can lock pages but I rather my comments be there (and read only) and then student can add to their work.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete section from all student notebooks at once

The teacher should be able to delete a section from all students at one time instead of having to go to each individual student notebook to delete the section.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tagging students with @ to notify them of feedback

It would be really helpful for teachers or students to be able to tag each other in a OneNote page and for a notification to be created. This way we can let students know they have feedback to attend to. E.g.
    @student-name Please read your feedback on this page and make corrections. Tag me when completed.

It would be important that teacher-tagging could be turned off to avoid nuisance posting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Class Notebook Fixed Order of Sections in Student Notebooks

Class Notebook--Creating a Fixed Order of Sections in Student Notebooks

I created sections for each of my students in my class, but when I go into each student's notebook, the sections I created appear in a different order than what I want. The order of sections appears random and is different for most students. It also appears as though I have to manually go into each student's notebook and assign a color to each section. I want to create and distribute sections in an order that remains fixed in student notebooks, and assign each section a color that remains consistent…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Class Notebook - Review Student Work does not show correct display name

It looks OneNote Review Student got mixed up (confused?) "Lastname, Firstname" and the display name. (pls let dev. team check the codes)

We have customised display name below.

PreferredForename Surname (sAMAccountName)

Preferred name is different with Firstname for safeguard reason and student ID number is used for account name (sAMAccountName) because it is unique actually.

Firstname keeps legal forename different with preferred name as well.

Teams Assignments shows "Lastname, Firstname" only, not possible switching "Firstname Lastname" and no display name related (we want to see the display name even for teachers).

And then OneNote Review Student Work shows randomly, some…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Issues With 'Class notebook' disappearing

The 'Class Notebook' tab keeps disappearing. Several schools who I work with have said the same thing. This has happened on and off over the last week or so - please could this be looked at? Without it, we are unable to distribute or mark work. Many thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add timestamps to the version history

This would allow teachers to see whether students completed their work by the assigned deadline.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In ClassNotebook allow teachers to distribute pages and subpages at the same time and have them come into the student tabs already organized

In ClassNotebook allow teachers to distribute pages and subpages at the same time and have them come into the student tabs already organized

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rubric in One Note

You should be able to add a rubric in Class Notebook when not using Teams to make grading assignments easier. You are able to add a rubric to Class Notebook when you are using Teams but not everyone uses Teams for grading or to give assignments.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. unicode characters

I really enjoy the fact that I can insert any Unicode Character in Word.
    I would appreciate to be able to do the same in note

F8 + "Alt +c" = ø
    10397+ "Alt+c" = 𐎗

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change paper size

Change the paper size, like you could in OneNote 2016

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PDF Support

I work a lot with LaTex and PDFs. All the exercise sheets of my classes come in PDF. I miss

• being able to slice PDFs in OneNote to make space for notes (for example with the "insert or remove extra space" tool)

• inserting the actual PDFs and not JPG (to enable hyperlinks for example)

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow the section group of an individual student to be hidden in teacher view ClassNoteBook

If a student leaves a group it would be good to be able to hide that student so that the teacher does not see that student in the ClassNotebook. When a lot of changes have taken place you have a lot of redundant students in a notebook.

It would be good to be able to choose NOT to distribute to hidden students.

This is different to "delete student" as I want to preserve the work of that student, but they no longer come to this class.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. zoom all and setting default zoom view

I'd love to have a zoom all button that would capture all the work in a single page. The current zoom width button only works well if the page is laid out to fit my screen dimensions.

It would also be great if we could pick a particular zoom as our default for opening new pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More right-click options & place all of the features from Word into OneNote. (MacBook)

I want to be able to right-click, see most of the features from “Home” and “Insert” appear. There are more sections/features in Word, that I would like to see OneNote. Also be able to customize keyboard shortcuts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Classroom Program that is an easy understandable mix of Teams and OneNote

Teams and OneNote are too difficult to understand for most of primary school pupils (and sometimes even for the teachers...).
    Please create a very easy and very understandable "classroom" program that connects basic functions of Teams and OneNote in one program.
    I have already a "classroom" program in mind, please get in touch if interested.
    Kind regards from Austria!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to insert power point presentations (not as file or printout) in the class notebook channel in Teams

Currently, powerpoint presentations can only be inserted into the class notebook channel in the Teams App as a file attachment or file print-out. It would be useful to have the same functionality as you have in the browser and the Notebook App. which allows you to add the browser address and display the presentation directly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A way to see multiple students work at once and see on the notebook if students are in the meeting at that time

It is difficult to live mark quickly and I would like a way to see multiple students work at once (perhaps 9 students per page)
    It would be amazing to be able to see 6-9 students work on a page and be able to zoom in so that we can see which students haven’t done as much on the class and who has then give verbal feedback via the teams meeting.

Also having a marker that links to if a pupil is in the teams meeting within the notebook would be incredibly helpful. Perhaps a small green circle next to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set the date and time on the students sheets to the moment it was distributed.

Helps you track at which moment the stdents GET a specific sheet. The date at which I created it is not relevant for them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better Printing

Current Printing options are horrible, especially when printing a notebook including big multi page PDFs (like a common university script).

Missing options are especially:

-Proper scaling (custom, everybode has a different handwriting and uses different zoom settings)
    -Option to Print (annotated) multi page pdfs. Printing should automatically detect an inserted PDF and scale it page to page.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base