Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. More Information on Sync Status

Although there is a sync symbol next to each notebook and on the top right, I'd like to know WHICH sections and even which pages are syncing. Now I have to wait for the whole notebook to sync, to view the student pages, since I wouldn't know, which ones already synced.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Store student notebooks locally!

Actual notebook storing is not transparent. Maybe I'm wrong, since it's not obvious: By the looks of it, class notebooks are one giant file stored on the teacher's cloud.

• Organise notebooks in an actual folder structure, not section groups and sections etc.

• The student pages should be actual files stored on THEIR cloud and shared with the teacher.

• The OneNote addin would merely be a tool to push pages and folders to all students or peek at their folder structure and content.

• Each student could sync a local copy of the folders and pages on the local harddrive. If the…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder Structure

I don't appreciate the section group/section/page organisation. I find it wonky.

• I'd be much appreciated to have a simple folder structure.

• Each page should get a OneNote File.

• You should be able to SYNCHRONISE these files with OneDrive and Windows Explorer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Nice Coordinate Systems

In my physics classes, I'd like the ability to insert nice coordinate systems or custom vector graphics.

I would like to draw my own graphics (nice arrows, grid lines, etc.) and insert it as a shape.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PDF Support

I work a lot with LaTex and PDFs. All the exercise sheets of my classes come in PDF. I miss

• being able to slice PDFs in OneNote to make space for notes (for example with the "insert or remove extra space" tool)

• inserting the actual PDFs and not JPG (to enable hyperlinks for example)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Distribute Pages Quicker

One of the least classroom friendly issues in my experience with OneNote is how long it takes for pages to distribute. I can post something to Google classroom within seconds, but uploading a new page into my notebook and then distributing it to students takes upwards of 10 minutes sometimes... (big PDFs may take all day I've found, even with our school's gigabit internet connection) And then it doesn't really even show up once the distributing has "finished" - it is only visible on the web app for another who-knows-how-many minutes.

Teachers really need a "real-time" distribution system within OneNote.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deleting Pages in Class Notebook

Being able to delete pages you have sent out to the students without having to individually go through each students note book to delete it! Being able to tidy up the note book would be great!

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete student section from the teachers onenote, while the student still have access to the notebook and their own notes

Due to GDPR, I am required to delete the student section of my notebook the minute i finish the class, so I dont keep their notes on my computer. The problem is that I can only do that, so the students loose the notebook (or every single student have to export their notebook).

It would be very helpfull if I could stop having access to their notebooks without deleting anything, so they still have access.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. cropping images on OneNote

would be great to crop an image on onenote

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You have this great feature to 'Review Student Work' which makes work easy to find but you don't have any tools to mark that work easily or

You have this great feature to 'Review Student Work' which makes work easy to find but you don't have any tools to mark that work easily or signify to the students that they should look at it. I would like some sort of commenting tool that can be colour coded for different types of comments; I would like a quick click tick and cross and I would like a drag and drop make your own comment bank. It would also be great to have a one click button to send the work back to your own folder so you have…

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Restore OneNote 2010 Features to newer versions!

OneNote used to be VERY customizable and had downloadable templates. RESTORE it to what it used to be!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. it would be great to have a feature which shows usage data. For example how many times they visited a certain section, page or link.

it would be great to have a feature which shows usage data and stats. For example how many times they visited a certain section, page or link.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. (Un)Lock anytime/anywhere

Lock any page with right mouse menu and from ribbon in the Windows 10 app and not just when reviewing students work.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Under the DRAW tab add a “Paint Bucket” or other fill tool.

This would allow drawn objects to be quickly filled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New Students

When new students are added, it would be handy if their notebooks could look exactly like the current students' notebooks, complete with only the sections currently being used (I already had to delete unused sections one by one out of each student notebook), and all of the pages that have already been distributed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Distributing Sections with Pages

When distributing sections, it would be handy if the pages inside those sections also were distributed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Distribute exisiting section with its pages

Right now, as far as I can tell, the "distribute section" feature allows you to create a new section and distribute to that to students. There is no feature that allows you to distribute an existing section with all the pages inside it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate OneDrive into OneNote

Having the ability to link OneDrive into OneNote would be great, the idea being when a student signs into to O365 they are able to see their OneDrive files in OneNote and drag them into OneNote. This includes the shared with me files.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Correction pen

I think it would be interesting to have a separate set of pens for corrections. These pens could be seen by teachers, but not the students until the correction is done.
    For instance, let's say a teacher has 60 writings to correct. They can't be corrected all at once. That teacher could pick a "correction pen" and name it as "writing", then use it to correct or review all the student's work in a span of a few days.
    Once done, the teacher could turn that pen "visible" for the students, so all reviews and marks would be "published" at…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base