Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. notify teacher

Notify a teacher once a student has submitted his/her homework.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tick box next to title in tab for class notes page- teachers can see completed for marking!

There needs to be a function in personal pages/ class notes tab where the student can tick completion and I don't have to search

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock a file onto a notebook page

Locking a picture or file onto a page in a student Notebook so that the students can't delete it. Creating a worksheet in teams that the students can not edit or change. Then they can type or write over the top of the picture without being able to delete it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. create sections in existing sections

Being able to add sections into existing sections. As it is now I have to make new sections with subgroups and start over but our classes already has sections for each subject. We want to add sections into these sections to create subgroups like f.ex. English (section) - then being able to add a subsection called Food f.ex. etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be able to see the time a student last edited something

If you want to see if a student completed something by a particular time, it would be helpful to have some way to see the TIME & DATE when the last edits were made to a page

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Being able to make small lowered/raised ketters

You know in mat when you have like to the power of 3 with has a little raised 3 or in chemistry in h2o you have a small 2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Live Pages in Class Notebook

It would be absolutely amazing to have this feature.

Here's how I think it would work:
    Ability to have a page in a Class Notebook that the teacher can write on and that students can edit their own version of in real time. A simple example of the functionality I’m imagining would be as follows:

The teacher creates a new “Live Page” in Class Notebook.

Distribute to student sections.

Teacher can then write a question e.g. “evaluate 5a+b when a=7 and b=2”.

Students can type or ink their answer.

Teacher can review answers in real time (by looking a student…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Syncing/Mirroring distributed pages with the corresponding page in my content library

Please add a feature into OneNote whereby, once a page has been distributed to student folders from the content library, if you need to into your content library and make specific changes to a page that has already been distributed, that those changes get synced to the distributed page in the student's folders already. As teachers, we often make something and need to tweak it and it would be nice if these tweaks and changes could get synced to the associated page in the student's folder. Like mirroring it? Right now this cannot happen so if I must make a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Distribute pages to students individually from one class notebook to another

It would be great if it was possible to distribute pages to students (individually og groups) from one class notebook to another. We often work in different notebooks, and that would save us some time if we were able to distribute directly to students (individually) in another notebook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Editing a page after being distributed by the teacher.

If the teacher already distributed a page through OneNote to the students and then wants to edit this page, he/she must go into each student's section and make the edits. It would be helpful if we can edit them all at one time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set a time to automatically distribute page

For the super prepared teacher, the ability to create pages for students and schedule a time for that page to be automatically released would be a wonderful .

This would be an amazing tool!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Classroom menu options to Android

Would it be possible to add the Classroom menu options to OneNote on Android, as it appears in the iOS version of OneNote? It would be really nice to be able to distribute pages from my tablet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Error connecting Class Notebook to Teams

FIX error when connecting class notebook to teams

I have tried to connect my class notebook to teams but I receive an error that says "We ran into a problem. Please check if the notebook belongs to that class."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Conversion of hand written notes to text

Feature to convert handwritten notes to text will be most helpful. We take a lot of noted in meetings and this feature saves time if we could post Meeting minutes right from our notes.

Also, feature recognize hand written notes using a search would be helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bulk Removal of Students

I like the ability to remove students from a Class Notebook. One little addition would make it much quicker - a Select All button at the top, to save clicking every student individually.

Another Select All button to select all for removing their content would be even better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Colour code names

It would be great if we could colour code the students name or the tab next to their name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Record

Voice and screen recording similar to Notability:
    Record while writing, and during playback, it replays what you were writing or doing on the screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. distributing a single page from one Team Class Notebook Content Library to another Team Class Notebook Content Library

For a secondary teacher that has multiple Teams created, it would be very valuable to have the ability to Distribute ONE PAGE from within one Team's Content Library over to my other 7 Team Content Libraries all at once (Without have it RESENT/COPY the entire Content Library.)

I only want to distribute ONE PAGE at a time to other Teams in any area/section I'd like by being able to select from a list of my Teams and their various sections to paste it in.

Right now, the only thing I can do is highlight, copy and paste page content onto…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alphabetize students by LAST name?

Could you please allow students' names to be listed alphabetically by LAST name? Only by first name is maddening! The way it is now takes me too much time when I go back and forth between my notebooks and grade book or other school district documents and lists. An oversight for sure!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base