Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Make general handling and storing of Notebooks in OneNote (accross all plattforms) simple and transparent to the user

By transparency i mean the following:
    -- It should be obvious to users where their Notebooks are stored, bei either showing the exact URL of the storagelocation or even better show the Name of the Location as (OneDrive for B. xy , OneDrive xy or SharePoint Site xy
    -- When opening an existing Notebook, the available storage Locations should be showed to the user as: OneDrive xy, OneDrive f. B. xy, SharePoint Site xy an maybe "Shared by others". Right now it only shows "recent Notebooks" and "open more from OneDrive" as options

It should just be clear to the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sort by last name

We DESPERATELY need to be able to sort students in OneNote Class notebook by LAST name. It's such a pain to only be able to do it by first name when our online gradebooks work by last name. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. rename notebook

It would be great if when I rename my Team the associated Notebook renamed itself. Not being able to rename a Teams Notebook is annoying.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. read mode should be added

we know that onenote could be edited, but ,there should be an READ ONLY MODE, that you could just read and use your finger to slide and tap, just like PDF, that could be easier for presentation and lecture show.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Student passwords in class notebook

Allow teachers to remove student passwords in class notebook or prevent students from adding these to their work in OneNote in the first place.

With students being able to set passwords and lock teachers out, teachers can't check in on student work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. If not bringing back OneNote Desktop, make APP as functional as the desktop version please!

There are many features missing in the app, and my entire school went to OneNote for it's great functionality and now that we're updated we have lost a lot of the power of the program. Please, either go back to desktop version or make the APP as powerful.
    Specifically at the moment I'm pulling out my hair that I can't rename an embedded file by simply right clicking on the file like before. I also miss the email page button. The list goes on and on. Help please!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create Outlook tasks in your notes

Can Outlook tasks be an option in the OneNote for Windows 10 like it is in OneNote 2016?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Doubletap the ruler to flip it 90 degree

For me as an civil engineer most of the time I draw i just need the ruler to be either 0 degree or 90 degree. and it is very annoying that every time i have to flip the ruler i have to adjust the ruler manually. I would save a ton of work if I could just double tap the ruler to flip it 90 degree. Would be a small but for me a very efficient feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the comment feature in Word to Classroom OneNote for Teacher Feedback

Can we please have a comment system in Classroom OneNote the same as the comment system in Word. This highlights a piece of text and locks the comment to the text so that if things are moved on the page the comment follows the text.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. cropping images on OneNote

would be great to crop an image on onenote

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add digits to the ruler

Ruler is good helper. But there are no digits on it. It´s difficult to draw line 10 cm (inch) long. It´s so hard to count small lines on ruler. Please add digits to the ruler.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Collaboration Space, students deleting sections...

Teachers should be able to lock sections inside of the collaboration space so that students cannot delete sections in the collaboration space on accident (or on purpose).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to merge cells in tables

Would it be possible for this option to be implemented?
    Currently, the complexity of tables that can be created in OneNote is significantly impaired due to the lack of this option. Tables (E.G. from Microsoft Word) that contain merged cells won't even retain these merged cells if 'copy-and-pasted' into OneNote - the cells will become separated.
    I use OneNote to take notes in lessons. If I am required to make a table that has merged cells, I can't do so. Instead, I have to figure out a way to convey the information in the table effectively without using merged cells.…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lock entire sections in the student notebooks

I'd like the ability to lock entire sections of a student notebook with one click. At the moment, we have to lock all the pages separately. This can be tedious if students have added extra pages or re-named pages.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow creation of section groups in OneNote app

Did not have the ability to select the correct category. This is for the OneNote App.

Allow for the ability to create section groups in the 'new' OneNote App since OneNote 2016 is not being updated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Upgrade distribute page in the new OneNote to be the same as OneNote 2016

Please can we have the versatility of the 2016 OneNote Classroom Distribute page to individuals and groups implemented in the new OneNote. This is one of the best features in OneNote 2016 and it is the only reason we are keeping 2016...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. map

It would be useful to be able to create flow charts or mind maps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. paper size

have the ability to set the paper size to a4 width so that I can easily print the work student have typed in onenote to paper without having to copy the content to word or have the work in word and have the issue of it not saving

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base