Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Un-distributing a page from a class notebook

It would be sooo useful to be able to mass delete or un-distribute a page from a class notebook. When I make changes to a page I have already distributed, it means I distribute again, and then students have to delete the original themselves (and many are unable to do this).

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I miss a pair of compasses to construct circular arcs.

I would like to do geometric constructions with my students. For this I need a pair of compasses with which I can construct circular arcs. The circles under figures is not useful for this, because the center is missing.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A4 page size

It will be really usefull if there would be an option to customize the page size, for instance, A4 size, instead of an inifite page.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make input from teacher permanent/uneraseable

Somehow can input in student notebooks from the teacher account be preserved/make permanent or uneraseable? I love that we can lock pages, but sometimes I want students to be able to add more to/edit their original page, but I don't want to risk a kid erasing my notes to make it look like they got full credit later on.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Distributing Multiple Pages

Distributing multiple pages needs improvement! It would be idea if I could distribute a section, INCLUDING THE PAGES, to all students at once. Without that, it would also be nice if I could distribute multiple pages and have them show up in students' notebooks in the same order that they were in the original. Right now, I have to choose between distributing each page individually, or sorting the notebooks of many, many students.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a class notebook based on a template

I would like to be able to create one notebook that can be used as a template and duplicated - including student sections and pages. This would allow all my classes to have the same set-up in their notebooks without having to manually organise them.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Schedule class resources to be sent out

Schedule class resources to be sent out at a set time rather than having to set it up in class real time with the amount of connectivity issues it would be

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blackboard/ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration

Hi!

Blackboard is not available in the list of LMS/SIS connectors for ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration.

Blackboard is one of the leading LMS/VLE providers and is used at many Higher Education Institutions worldwide.

Please add Blackboard as a connector for ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. delete distributed pages

Being able to delete distributed pages in the student notebook

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the sort default to last name when reviewing student work

The default sort setting is student first name. Rarely would teachers need the list sorted by first name (however friendlier it might be). Most teachers have a gradebook open, sorted by last name, to cross-reference grades and work.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. equation editor

The Win10 app is getting good. The one thing I still miss from ON 2016 is the full equation editor - which is necessary when working with science. Will that come?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sync still takes too long

Even with just 2 users, the sync experience is variable and nowhere near as consistent with Google Docs. Sometimes the notebook has to be manually synced, other times it works automatically. With more active users in a class notebook the problem is worse.

To reduce the overhead of a class notebook constantly syncing there could be an option to set how often the teacher would like all users and clients to sync. For example, if the teacher is just sending out a page with instructions for pupils to refer to then the sync frequency can be reduced to a default…

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable recycle bin for owners of Class and Staff Notebooks

Enable recycle bin (accessible by owners of the notebook/team) for Class and Staff Notebooks, rather than going straight to permanent deletion.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Deleting Pages in Class Notebook

Being able to delete pages you have sent out to the students without having to individually go through each students note book to delete it! Being able to tidy up the note book would be great!

239 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable iframe embedding to embed live content into OneNote

This suggestion is to unify a few other suggestions. I realize that OneNote has made a lot of progress in terms of embedding content but a lot of helpful content is excluded because OneNote does not allow iframe embedding.
    This feature is partially possible by using Sway as a wrapper but it gives mixed results. E.g. an iframe inside a Sway on a OneNote page will open separately in a browser when using OneNote for Windows 10, but will open on the OneNote page when using OneNote Online.
    It would be very useful if one could do that directly in…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Delete student section from the teachers onenote, while the student still have access to the notebook and their own notes

Due to GDPR, I am required to delete the student section of my notebook the minute i finish the class, so I dont keep their notes on my computer. The problem is that I can only do that, so the students loose the notebook (or every single student have to export their notebook).

It would be very helpfull if I could stop having access to their notebooks without deleting anything, so they still have access.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create Hidden Section for ONLY Teachers to see.

This could be useful for teachers sharing notebooks, or even if a teacher has to take a leave of absence.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You have this great feature to 'Review Student Work' which makes work easy to find but you don't have any tools to mark that work easily or

You have this great feature to 'Review Student Work' which makes work easy to find but you don't have any tools to mark that work easily or signify to the students that they should look at it. I would like some sort of commenting tool that can be colour coded for different types of comments; I would like a quick click tick and cross and I would like a drag and drop make your own comment bank. It would also be great to have a one click button to send the work back to your own folder so you have…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Restore OneNote 2010 Features to newer versions!

OneNote used to be VERY customizable and had downloadable templates. RESTORE it to what it used to be!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Distributing Sections with Pages

When distributing sections, it would be handy if the pages inside those sections also were distributed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base