Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Don't get rid of the desktop version of OneNote

I am a teacher and the App version of OneNote doesn't come close to the functionality of the desktop version. The constant loading of the different pages wastes valuable time a teach doesn't have to waste.

PLEASE, PLEASE make a OneNote 2019 desktop version!!!

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleting Pages in Class Notebook

Being able to delete pages you have sent out to the students without having to individually go through each students note book to delete it! Being able to tidy up the note book would be great!

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync still takes too long

Even with just 2 users, the sync experience is variable and nowhere near as consistent with Google Docs. Sometimes the notebook has to be manually synced, other times it works automatically. With more active users in a class notebook the problem is worse.

To reduce the overhead of a class notebook constantly syncing there could be an option to set how often the teacher would like all users and clients to sync. For example, if the teacher is just sending out a page with instructions for pupils to refer to then the sync frequency can be reduced to a default…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In the app, allow “File Printout” for all file types (not just PDFs).

In the app, allow “File Printout” for all file types (not just PDFs).

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate OneDrive into OneNote

Having the ability to link OneDrive into OneNote would be great, the idea being when a student signs into to O365 they are able to see their OneDrive files in OneNote and drag them into OneNote. This includes the shared with me files.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Track who writes (digital inking) in collaboration spaces.

When student type, it shows who made the changes. When student use a pen(digital inking) it doesn't show who marked. Could lead to issues of inapropriate language.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Temporarily hiding students' pages while correcting assignments.

As a teacher I really appreciate the option of locking the students' pages (under the Review students work in Class Notebook). However, I miss the option of hiding the pages while e.g. correcting the students' assignments.
    This will ensable me to ensure a homogenous practise.

I hope you will consider this improvement.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "section group"

In one note app, provide the same functions for distributing a new blank section group to all students, and then distributing new blank sections to that group that already exists in one note 2016. I would use some of the enhancements to section groups requested in other threads if they become available, but a first (and hopefully simple and quick step) would be to just port the existing functions over to the new app.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Record screen action along with audio

I would like to record the screen as I add notes and point to text as the audio records my comments.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. You have this great feature to 'Review Student Work' which makes work easy to find but you don't have any tools to mark that work easily or

You have this great feature to 'Review Student Work' which makes work easy to find but you don't have any tools to mark that work easily or signify to the students that they should look at it. I would like some sort of commenting tool that can be colour coded for different types of comments; I would like a quick click tick and cross and I would like a drag and drop make your own comment bank. It would also be great to have a one click button to send the work back to your own folder so you have…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make general handling and storing of Notebooks in OneNote (accross all plattforms) simple and transparent to the user

By transparency i mean the following:
    -- It should be obvious to users where their Notebooks are stored, bei either showing the exact URL of the storagelocation or even better show the Name of the Location as (OneDrive for B. xy , OneDrive xy or SharePoint Site xy
    -- When opening an existing Notebook, the available storage Locations should be showed to the user as: OneDrive xy, OneDrive f. B. xy, SharePoint Site xy an maybe "Shared by others". Right now it only shows "recent Notebooks" and "open more from OneDrive" as options

It should just be clear to the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to distribute more than one page at a time.

As per OneNote 2016 having the ability to distribute more than one page at a time to student notebooks

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I need the ability to organize studnets into section groups

Currently there is no way to organize the student section groups. The student section groups appear in alphabetical order. It would help if we had the option to Group students.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. rename notebook

It would be great if when I rename my Team the associated Notebook renamed itself. Not being able to rename a Teams Notebook is annoying.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add digits to the ruler

Ruler is good helper. But there are no digits on it. It´s difficult to draw line 10 cm (inch) long. It´s so hard to count small lines on ruler. Please add digits to the ruler.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Review Student Work in Section Groups

Please allow us to see pages and tabs in section groups in the OneNote App when we are reviewing student work! Currently we can only see tabs in the main notebook, but no tabs in section groups show up. I create a new section group for each unit, so I cannot review student work since it isn't visible. Once again I am forced to return to ON 2016... Pretty please!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lock entire sections in the student notebooks

I'd like the ability to lock entire sections of a student notebook with one click. At the moment, we have to lock all the pages separately. This can be tedious if students have added extra pages or re-named pages.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base