Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. notify teacher

Notify a teacher once a student has submitted his/her homework.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. turn off math assistant

Math teachers do not like the math assistant in OneNote for students, especially the younger sturdents. We need the ability to turn off this feature PERMANENTLY and not just for a period of time.
    Also the turn off feature does not get turned off in the iPad version of OneNote

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Round Highlighter for vertical highlighting

Can we please have round highlighters? The chisl tip makes highlighting vertically very difficult.
    As a maths teacher I often want to highlight around shapes, on graphs, the number 1? Anything vertical is very difficult though.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connections Feature

in One Note 2016, you were able to connect Class Notebook to Canvas via the Connection button in the One Note App. That feature isn't available in One Note 10. Can you please bring that feature back?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Student View

Being able to see what the students will see will be helpful for navigating.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Class Notebook

I am not able to track the work uploaded by my students while using Class Notebook at a glance.

Appreciate if there is a notification enabled when the teacher or student uploads the work.

Moreover if there can be a report created for uploads done by students.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add/ allow the option "shuffle questions" in Forms with sections

Add/ allow the option "shuffle questions" in forms with sections

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adaptive release

It would be extremely useful and would save a lot of time for educators and online course developers if we could schedule a future time for a page in a Class Notebook to automatically be copied into the Content Library and distributed to students.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. LAST, First

Being unable to show the list of students by LAST name is really annoying.

Why can't I choose what order the list appears in?

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assigning Multiple OneNote Pages via Teams Assignments

Assign a OneNote Section as an assignment within Teams, or at least be able to assign multiple OneNote pages within one Teams assignment.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Assign OneNote Pages from other ClassNotebooks within Teams.

When assigning an assignment within Teams, allow for teacher to assign OneNote pages from ANY of their OneNote Notebooks.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. An option that teachers could see if the file/HW assigned was viewed or a when the student was 'last active on One Note'

This was available when I was in University when we used 'Moodle'. It would inform teachers if students are engaging with the work assigned on One Note.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sort students by last name on Class Notebook!!!!!!

Please allow students to be sorted by last name. the gradebook, LMS, and everything else we work with is sorted by last name. Thanks!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Distributing Multiple Pages

Distributing multiple pages needs improvement! It would be idea if I could distribute a section, INCLUDING THE PAGES, to all students at once. Without that, it would also be nice if I could distribute multiple pages and have them show up in students' notebooks in the same order that they were in the original. Right now, I have to choose between distributing each page individually, or sorting the notebooks of many, many students.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Syncing/Mirroring distributed pages with the corresponding page in my content library

Please add a feature into OneNote whereby, once a page has been distributed to student folders from the content library, if you need to into your content library and make specific changes to a page that has already been distributed, that those changes get synced to the distributed page in the student's folders already. As teachers, we often make something and need to tweak it and it would be nice if these tweaks and changes could get synced to the associated page in the student's folder. Like mirroring it? Right now this cannot happen so if I must make a…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Master Class Notebook that can be updated and sync to multiple classes

Old School method - we have a MASTER that we take to the copy machine and make all the copies we need, which can be used for all three of my classes without having to go and make a new MASTER for each class.

Create a MASTER Class Notebook that I can continue to add to throughout the semester and most importantly be able to share this notebook out to multiple class notebooks for my classes that share the same material content in MS Teams without having to go do each of my 5 classes individually.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make input from teacher permanent/uneraseable

Somehow can input in student notebooks from the teacher account be preserved/make permanent or uneraseable? I love that we can lock pages, but sometimes I want students to be able to add more to/edit their original page, but I don't want to risk a kid erasing my notes to make it look like they got full credit later on.

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give a distribute and lock time limit through OneNote on Class Notebook. This would be great for quizzes and Tests!

Allow Notebook owners (teachers) to set a distribution time and auto lock time using OneNote-> Class Notebooks. In order to do this through Teams, your Notebooks must have been set up through Teams.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add timestamps to the version history

This would allow teachers to see whether students completed their work by the assigned deadline.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PDF Support

I work a lot with LaTex and PDFs. All the exercise sheets of my classes come in PDF. I miss

• being able to slice PDFs in OneNote to make space for notes (for example with the "insert or remove extra space" tool)

• inserting the actual PDFs and not JPG (to enable hyperlinks for example)

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 97 98
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base