How can we improve the Education offerings?

Lock teacher mark up comments from deletion

When I give formative feedback onto a students workbook page, I don't want that to be deleted. If the student wants to edit the page after I have marked it then they should create a copy of that page so my feedback stays as evidence of assessment and progression of learning.

515 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Troy Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can try this:-
        Expand access to high-quality early childhood education programs.
        Focus on recruiting, training and supporting teachers.
        Improve and expand school-based Early Warning Systems and tie them to evidence-based interventions for at-risk students.
        Encourage college-savings plans.
        http://mycashclick.com/

Training is certainly not a limited procedure. It isn't started at the morning chime and ended at rejection. It doesn't start after Labor Day and end in June. Also, it most unquestionably does not begin the principal day of Kindergarten and end on graduation day. Maybe above all, it doesn't start in third grade (or at whatever point your state starts state evaluations) and it ought not finish in the wake of testing is finished in March. https://www.smallteaser.com/@sallyjohn/article/social-networking-what-its-for-and-the-1

• tara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love using one note for the pdf's (you can insert the file as a pdf printout) but students do accidentally delete pages. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

• Erica Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Class Notebook for the first time this year. How can I prevent students from accidentally deleting pages that I have pushed into their notebooks to complete? I'm struggling with how to upload assignments that are editable PDF's also.

• Kira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a number of suggestions for Classroom Notebook

1. In 'Review Student Work' be able to search for a specific key word
        2. Agree with the above comment about locking teacher comments
        3. Have a tool similar to the comment tool in WORD where you can highlight part of text or a diagram and attach a comment to that specific part
        4. Have drag and drop pre-written comments
        5. Be able to temporarily LOCK the pen into a colour instead of having to continually selected so spelling/ punctuation fixes in the text stand out.
        6. Love the stickers - and they include ticks and crosses but they ARE HUGE and very babyish - I teach secondary not primary school - I'd love to have a quick way of inserting a normal sized tick and cross
        7.A pre-formatted glossary template
        8. Automatically take a screen shot of the page and save to a pre-designated location.

Hope you are able to incorporate some of these! Thanks!

How is this not a thing! Teachers need to mark students work without it being open to modification or deletion by students. Simple as that. The fact that is has not been implemented yet is astonishing.

• Mary Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option would allow giving quizzes in a class notebook also, which my teachers would like to do.

Once a teacher has reviewed work through OneNote Class Notebook it is currently possible for students to delete or edit the teachers comments. Here in the UK there is a requirement for teachers to provide evidence that they have marked work. This is typically done by handing over books to another member of staff. This can be emulated by making another staff member a Team Owner. However unlike a paper book it is possible for a student to make it look like a teacher has either not reviewed work or has put something entirely inappropriate in the comments.

So I would like something like.
        1. Locking comments so they cannot be changed / deleted. But allowing the page to be changed. So if a student made mistakes then they can be corrected.

2. Locking a page after comments are made so no further changes can be made.

3. A snapshot facility which allows a staff member which when operated copies read only version of the page into an 'evidence' section. The original page is then left editable.

4. A track changes option which shows what changes have been made. So that if comments are changed or deleted everyone knows that this is what happened.

• Haydn Campbell Nicholas Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes students unable to remove change ulter or hide teacher or staff comments or signatures or suggestions note books should have a comment or suggestion box at the end of every page comments or suggestions by staff or teacher are only applicable once received for marking or grading and teachers and staff must put reason or decision for grade graded

This is such a necessary feature. After I mark and assignment I do not want students to go back and change the mark, comments or their answers!! Right now they can do this - no one has taken advantage of it yet but it will happen.

• John Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do we get our O365 site to be entered as a connection for the 'Class Notebook Add-in"? All your connection options for the Add-In are hard coded. We are trying to add 'https://oneview.duvalschools.org'; since we have 120,000 users potentially housing and managing class notebooks at this location.

Would love to be able to grade without worry of them changing grade of just deleting it.

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what is needed. If we put a grade on work in a Class Notebook, students can change it to whatever they want it to be. The Teacher (owner of the notebook) needs to be able to lock it.
        thank you!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base