How can we improve the Education offerings?

Linking word/Powerpoint/Excel etc. to Onenote to be able to edit live with shared notebook members

It is so annoying to have to download a copy of word/excel/powerpoint documents when links are featured within Onenote, when shared notebook members are working on the same documents collaboratively. Even if you save those documents within Onedrive and share them, the links to the documents have to be opened as read-only and 'saved-as' every time. I am aware that documents can be worked on collaboratively if saved within Onedrive, but it seems such a shame that this working collaboratively feature isn't present within Onenote.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Palmer Seeley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is huge! I would love to be able to be able to insert a Word Doc as a "page" or "subpage" in OneNote and have it be live editable (for those with permissions) as I can in Teams. I would also like the Teams metaconversation functionality in OneNote so that collaborators could discuss the document they were live-editing while in OneNote. This would not only help with student collaboration, but also with grading a paper formatted properly in Word by using Word's Insert->Comment feature all while staying in OneNote.

Feedback and Knowledge Base