How can we improve the Education offerings?

Lock pages

After distributing a page to students, I would like to mark and review their work and stop them from editing . Onenote team suggested to copy page to my folder! I have a class of 20, I cannot move all their doc 1 by 1 to the teacher folder or make a copy … it would be a waste of time and space- Teachers should have a padlock - so a Homework/page is locked - Students cannot edit again!

168 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to make this my go to space for my students, I would need this function in order to use as assessments

We have a number of teachers who would otherwise use Class Notebook but won't because students can change anything a teacher writes

This would be fabulous, just what I need to ensure rigour for controlled assessments. The sooner the better please!

• Pickering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability not to just lock pages, but to lock an entire TAB. We do portfolios and would like to stop printing paper copies. If I could lock the TAB, students couldn't change their work and I could save a whole lot of trees!!

Please help me save trees and be able to grade locked work online.

• Dan Connolly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this completely. My suggestion to OneNote would be simply in Manage Notebooks or the Class Notebook tab for 'restrict student access' and 'restrict student editing'. Two options. The first being so that a staff member can review or mark the assessment material and then in-lock once ALL students' work has been marked. The latter, being so that once it has been marked (summatively), there can be no more editing. This would help teachers in terms of exam boards and awarding body evidence.

• Jennifer George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the exact comment I was coming to make so it's lovely to see others are thinking the same. I want students to be able to see my marking and review their work but not be able to "edit" the work. Please please please work on this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base