How can we improve the Education offerings?

Allow teacher to have the option to make a tab not editable in the student section of Class Notebook.

Making individual student tabs not editable by students but only by teacher can help the student see documentation without the student deleting or changing the information.

151 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stephanie Hastings shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can add stuff to your content library and then push it to student notebooks. This allows the original to remain untouched, but the students can edit in their individual notebooks and if they mess something up they can go back to the content library and grab whatever they need.

• Dawn C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have learned how to do this with a backdoor method, but it is time consuming and tedious. Please give the teacher of the notebook this ability. It is so important.

This is one of the main reasons why many of my colleauges are reluctant to use the ClassNotebook for homework and other assignments.The option to protect or lock feedback would be a huge improvement.

This seems like the missing gradebook feature for a class notebook -- it would be awesome if I could provide midterm grades/feedback to students without having to post a PDF to a section of their notebook. (Even better if OneNote linked with Excel like other Office applications, and I could write a macro to push lines of my gradebook out to student notebooks.)

• KK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would be a very useful addition to the class notebook

• Samantha O'Leary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to protect feedback given would be massively useful and might actually be a decision maker for some schools considering the use of OneNote in the classroom. I'm regularly asked about this when delivering training on OneNote with other teachers.

• David Andersson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome! Then I could write personal feedback to my students that they can't edit, and other students can't read. You would get lots of love from many teachers if you made this come true! :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base