How can we improve the Education offerings?

Allow Teacher to disable chat in a ClassNotebook

325 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom m shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

168 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this going to implemented? My younger students are not mature enough to stay on task when the chat option is availble to them. As a teacher I need to be able to restrict this kind of behaviour. Please update!

• Henrik Fengler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be imlemented ASAP! The Moment my students found this option productivity died completely.

• Satchet Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately my students are not responsible enough to use the chat function. Please provide the option for disabling it, as it is causing my class to focus on non-related comments.

• physics teacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chat is not the only problem in OneNote but at young kids 11-14 is the biggest problem. They waste time chatting instead for working on a project. It is horrible. A teacher is not a police-man to punish kids and forbid them things...
        It's like giving a kid a chocolate and tell them to hold it, open it look at it and not to eat it.
        It's ********* feature for teenagers. I'm allready researching for alternatices...

This is ridiculous that you haven't given teachers the ability to turn this off. This poses a Safeguarding risk.
        Sort it out Microsoft, you have a moral responsibility here.

I have been using ClassNotebook for years, and now I train at the district level. I was very shocked to see this chat feature in the class Notebook when working with a teacher last week.
        There needs to be a way to disable this function! It takes the focus away from the notebook content and distracts the students.

I am shocked this doesn't exist. Seems like a no-brainer in education to turn off distracting features like this.

Teachers need to have control to disable this feature. The chat will prevent some from using one note and choosing google

Yes, huge problem. It is bothersome to the kids who are trying to work, and it is distracting to the kids who cannot resist it.

• Nienke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today in class the class started to use the chat. They started cyberbullying one of the classmates. But as a teacher I can't see the chat nor can I unable this function.

First time using class notebook today and straight away the students start using the chat function without me even mentioning it! Please allow us to turn this facility off - it’s so distracting.

Please enable a function that turns off the chat, as it hinders many students' ability to learn.

Please allow us to do this! It can be really distracting and teachers have to police it instead of working with students.

• Grumpy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please allow teachers to disable chat feature in OneNote class notebook.
        I think it is a ridiculous feature that is not appropriate for elementary students.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base