How can we improve the Education offerings?

Being able to delete a section from all students folders

If you setup the onenote with the 4 default sections accidentally but really don't use some of them. It would be nice to be able to delete it from all students folders at once. Especially in the initial setup stages

204 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danielle Galpin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  · 

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick Pouplard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my case, there are a lot of teachers too and new sections were accidentaly created in the wrong part of the notebook configuration (for all student) instead of distributing a section in the notebook itself.
        Options to manage section in notebook will be very usefull.

• Kk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible to delete student sections once the notebook is created. I goofed and this potentially easy setup has become a tedious all night project.

• wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needs to be part of program. I can do it in OneNote 2016, so I should be able to do it in Classnotes. This is especially important when first designing the notebooks. I go through many iterations of the Class Notebook design and need full editing capability.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sooo disagree. Make student delete it, it's their part of the notebook, not yours.

• Kristen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create a function where you can delete sections of a notebook across all students pages without having to go in to each individually.

I agree. As a new user to OneNote and the Classroom component of it, I initially thought I'd need more folders. It is so easy to add sections, but nearly impossible to get rid of ones that aren't needed. Being a high school teacher, I have anywhere between 160-200 students at a given time/year and having to delete a section from each individual student is extremely time consuming.

The biggest problem I see with this endeavor is the possibility of deleting a student section that a student has work saved in. My solution would be for OneNote to give an error if it encountered a document in any of the folders or have a warning saying something like, Warning! Doing this will delete everything in the folder...something like that.

Clearly, this is important to teachers. I am spending HOURS this weekend deleting last semesters posts from folders for this semester. That is not a good use of my time. It is making me thinking twice about using this next year. Additionally, I have distributed stuff and then wanted to change it. Anyone on this forum can tell you what a nightmare that is.

This is a must... right now it would almost be easier to recreate the notebook than click through 120 students and delete their not need sections.

• Kurt Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can. If you set up notebooks online, it prompts you for what sections you want. Simply add one that you do, and uncheck the ones that are there to begin with. When the notebooks are created, the standard tabs will not be created, only the one/s you checked. Side note: You do have to have at least one tab created.

• Diana Dolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very challenging when you have to do it one by one, or leave it there and have to answer every student's question about it...
        Mistakes happen, quick fixes are great!

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also looking for this feature! It is very time consuming going to every student's page and individually deleting sections.

This would be a great tool. As teachers learn to use OneNote by exploring its features, this would be similar to having an undo button if sections/organization could be improved. Thank you.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base