How can we improve the Education offerings?

locking down student work title

When I create an assignment and distribute to Ss, I tell them not to change the title of the page, but invariably someone (often more than one someone) renames their assignment page in their individual space. This means I have to do hunt and peck for assignments when doing "review student work." Could we have feature to "lock down" assignment title so it all shows up in one place when we do review for grading ease? Thanks!

134 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mike, the add-in doesn't do what this asks for - which is to lock the Title of the page". The new functionality locks the entire page - so student's can't change their work after feedback.This is obviously useful. However, it would also be very useful to be able to lock JUST the TITLE - so that students can still edit/complete the assignment, but can't alter the title.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! When handling hundreds of kids in a day, this is urgently needed.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a teacher creates a page or more so an assignment, the title of the page needs to be locked.
        When I go to review student work, if a student changes the page title of the assignment then I get a longer list of assignments to choose from and their assignment is under a different name I have to try and find the correct one and grade it separately. If a page is distributed as an assignment or even regularly provide the option or make the title uneditable

• Haydn Campbell Nicholas Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When an unauthorised person or persons is in possession of notebook gps record location and send message to student personal contact number Gmail and alert registered next of kin

Don't allow a student to change the name of the Sections in their individual workbook in the class notebook. If they change the name of the section, they don't receive the page when a teacher distributes the page because they no longer have a section by that name.

• Ben Lovett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, also, there should be an ability to order HW review pane, as it gets too long a list and is confusing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base