How can we improve the Education offerings?

Sync content library across multiple class notebooks

As a rotary teacher with multiple classes who each have separate class notebooks, many classes have the same documents in their content libraries.

If I have a document which changes in one content library, I have to copy those changes to each class notebook. I am a music teacher with fingering charts for different instruments. If I tweak a change to one fingering chart in one class' content library, I have to copy these changes to all of the class' content libraries. Quite a process for 8 classes.

Any way of syncing these changes automatically?

85 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback! Using the “Cross Notebook Distribution…” option under the “Distribute Page” menu in Class Notebook, you can quickly copy content across multiple Class Notebooks simultaneously. Enjoy!

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michelle Fank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does the OneNote Team understand what is being asked for here? I think original poster is ultimately looking to be able to share the SAME content library across sections. Distribute page A) sends it to student sections, not the content library, and B) still requires us to take the step to "copy" elsewhere. I often find myself having to copy something from one content library to another in the middle of class because I forgot to copy it. I normally make master copies in a completely separate "planning" notebook because I also teach multiple sections of the same course/content and can't keep track of where I make the original if I work within the class notebooks for creation purposes.

I can't "vote" on this which makes me think Microsoft thinks this issue has been solved. It has not been resolved or addressed in a way that makes sense for teachers like myself and original poster.

• LI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to do this yet? I want to easily update the content libraries with the same exact pages to multiple notebooks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue is that Cross Notebook Distribution only distributes to student sections. Some teachers don't distribute ALL materials to students and would like to distribute to their other content libraries instead.

• John C. Weisenfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking of a way to create your fingering chart in a read-only section. Student refer to it using a OneNote link in another page. That way they always refer to the "original" best copy?

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I spend a lot of time copying information from one class to another. My job is to assist teachers with using more technology. It would be so helpful to be able to share this as a time saver for them.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpamSpam

• lol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoiUrGayBoi

Feedback and Knowledge Base