Education

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Class notebook students alphabetize by last name.

Currently when you create a class and add students, the student sections are alphabetized by first name. Most grading apications and other systems go by last name. If it would order them by last on creation would save a lot of time.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • OneNote stickers

I am an elementary teacher and have recently had my students complete an assignment in a class notebook. While leaving comments about their work I thought about how much I'd like an option to insert a sticker. Kids love stickers on their work. Animated stickers would be even cooler to them.

64 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow parent access to individual student's Notebook

At the moment, only the teacher and the individual student have access to each student's Notebook. Parents will often ask about their child's progress and what they are specifically doing in class but are not able to see for themselves.

I am not sure of the best way to implement this but either allow the teacher the ability to add outside users or allow an individual student the ability to add someone themselves.

I am able to share my Notebook with outside users but it only allows access to my section. I want to be able to allow parent X…

98 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Permissioned Groups in Collaboration Space

I often like to use the Collaboration Space for group work where all students in the group can contribute. The challenge is that all students in the class can both view and edit the work of other groups. Especially when I'm doing class competitions, this is not a good thing.

In a recent article (link below), there was an API update to allow this, but it's at the IT level, not the teacher level. I want the ability to change these permissions, not just password-protect, as a teacher please!

https://blogs.office.com/2016/05/24/teacher-only-spaces-collaboration-space-lockdown-subgroup-creation-and-more-with-the-new-class-notebook-api-updates/

23 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • delete a page

I love that you can add a page/ tab to everyone's notebook very easily. It would be very convenient if we could also delete a page/ tab just as easily. For instance, I accidentally added a page and had to go into each student's notebook and individually delete the page. THank you! I Love Classroom Notebook!

14 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • To be able to move/copy pages and sections to multiple Notebooks at once ie. distribute to the whole class's notebooks at once

If I need all the students or a specific group of students to get the pages I need to copy to each or make 29 copies and drag and drop over to the student's note books individually. Being able to select all of the notebooks or sections I want to make a copy to before pressing move/copy would be great. Thanks

140 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • OneNote Online version does not display equations added with the equation editor using the desktop version. Can this be fixed?

Inserting an equation using the editor (Alt=) on a note using the desktop version does not display in the online version. Just a box with "equation" appears.

This is a problem for me as a chemistry teacher. I use the equation editor for chemical formulas.

Can this be fixed?

21 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Move or copy section group to another notebook

Would love the ability to move or copy an entire section group to another notebook without having to individually move/copy each section and then create a new section group in the other notebook.

17 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Adding section groups using Class Creator

Hi, our teachers using Class Creator have asked about adding section groups when creating students' notebooks. Will this feature be added?

31 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Private work area for the teacher

The welcome pages to the left of a shared notebook are visible to the students..would be great if these were private to the teacher so they could be used for lesson ideas, notes on students etc

17 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Embed video,Embed video, webpages, and other live content in OneNote

Embed video,Embed video, webpages, and other live content in OneNote

Please make it possible to embed an iframe. It would be so powerful for creating interactive textbooks (for example in math with GeoGebraTube) or embed YouTube Videos!
                        This is the most wished Feature for me, cause OneNote could become the Standard for new interactive textbooks as it is free on EVERY Plattform!!! webpages, and other live content in OneNote

Please make it possible to embed an iframe. It would be so powerful for creating interactive textbooks (for example in math with GeoGebraTube) or embed YouTube Videos!
                        This is the most…

42 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Make Notebooks in Class Creator Copiable

I have 4 sections of the same class. I hate having to recreate the class content 4 times.

22 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• create a teachers eyes only section automatically

Please consider automating the creation of a teachers only section in the Class Creator. At present I can do this by going in the back end of OneDrive, finding the actual Onenote folder, creating a section and then removing student permissions but it would be far more convenient if it was part of the setup process....ie Collaboration space, content library, student area and teachers only area all as options.

32 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Next Student button

Add a button that allows a teacher who is going through students notebooks to advance to the next student notebook without having to click back and choose the notebook from the list of names.

44 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add new pages to all student sections after initial setup

A way to add/disperse new pages to all student sections AFTER the initial setup without having to copy the page 25+ times.

38 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add a function to send a page to all my students (into their Class Notebooks)

Dear OneNote developers,

I am a teacher and MIE Expert for 2015 and 2016 and I have been using OneNote in our school for three years now. I have a suggestion for a functionality that would be great not just for our school but for every teacher using OneNote, especially if they use OneNote Class Notebook in Office 365.

Very often I place various kinds of worksheets or other kind of study material in our collaboration space / library using OneNote Class Notebook and I want my students to fulfill them individually. I taught all my students how to copy…

81 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Better student managing/deleting users

I want to be able to delete students and teachers from my notebook from the same menu as i added them through. Managing a class notebook is a rather geeky task now. A clean interface for this would for instance make it possible to delte all students after a schoolyear and reuse the same notebook. Also you then could invite fellow teachers for a periode and remove them easily if they quit their job, get other classes and so on.

4 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to announce that two new capabilities (remove students and co-teachers) have been added to Class Notebooks. This is a direct result of listening to your feedback. You can now remove students from your class. Removed students will not have access to the Notebook but their work will remain. You can now remove co-teachers and they will no longer be able to access the Class Notebook. For more details, please go to https://blogs.office.com/2015/10/05/top-teacher-requested-features-added-to-onenote-class-notebooks/

• Add more Teachers to notebooks set up with the OneNote setup tool for Teachers

The new OneNote setup tool for Teachers is fantastic. But I'm getting a lot of requests to add additional teachers to the notebooks created by the tool. Currently not possible as the tool sets Limited Access permissions at the Section Group level.

Can you add to the setup tool, a process for adding additional teachers. They need to work as a team to help plan their lessons, share class resources and material and access other student "notebooks" (section groups).

22 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base