Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Cross Notebook Distribution

OneNote needs to have all of the Cross Notebook Distribution options that OneNote 2016 has. Right now, I teach three different sections of the same course. In OneNote, I have to make a copy of the same page in each notebook and distribute the same page three times. In 2016, I only had to make the page once and could distribute it to all three class sections that I have. OneNote 2016 also allows you to make student groups, which is awesome for differentiation. OneNote does not have this option. To me, this is a GAPING hole in the app.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the app, allow “File Printout” for all file types (not just PDFs).

In the app, allow “File Printout” for all file types (not just PDFs).

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "section group"

In one note app, provide the same functions for distributing a new blank section group to all students, and then distributing new blank sections to that group that already exists in one note 2016. I would use some of the enhancements to section groups requested in other threads if they become available, but a first (and hopefully simple and quick step) would be to just port the existing functions over to the new app.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Review Student Work in Section Groups

Please allow us to see pages and tabs in section groups in the OneNote App when we are reviewing student work! Currently we can only see tabs in the main notebook, but no tabs in section groups show up. I create a new section group for each unit, so I cannot review student work since it isn't visible. Once again I am forced to return to ON 2016... Pretty please!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Consistency across all versions of OneNote and ClassNotebook

There are such huge inconsistencies in OneNoteOnline, ClassNoteBook, OneNote Desktop App. It means you are juggling between them all to achieve one thing. Not a happy state of affairs. Sometimes achieving noting as a consequence.
    For example:

The lack of Forms for quizzes in one and not another.
    The lack of Connections in one and not another
    The lack of ClassNotebook tab online

There is a large list but just one solution, every feature across all versions.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple page distribution from Windows 10 App

Multiple page distribution from OneNote 2016 is now wholly unreliable. Recently distributed multiple pages and 72 hours later students still had not got the pages. Major disruption to teaching! Same content had to be distributed page by page from Windows 10 App. Time consuming! When is multiple page distribution coming to the Windows 10 App. LONG OVERDUE ...

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lock pages so the students can’t delete them!

Today the students did a test in OneNote Classroom.

A big problem I have is that students can delete the pages themeselves.

I had a student today that wasn´t pleased with his test so he deleted it before I

had corrected it.

My wish is that I can lock the pages so the students can´t delete them themselves.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to distribute multiple pages at once in online version of Class Notebook

Distributing multiple pages at once with a simple check box tool in the online version of Class Notebook would save a significant amount of time.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. distribute pages

The ability to distribute multiple pages simultaneously would be very useful. For certain materials I like to keep things on separate pages and right now I can only distribute one page at a time.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Distributing page to groups across class notebooks

It would be great to have the ability to distribute a page to student groups across notebooks outside of the originating class notebook.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Deleting a Distributed Page

Please allow me the option to delete a distributed page without having to go into each student's section.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on this. After distributing pages to students, under the “Distribute Page” menu you can click the Undo option revert the distribution. Note that this option is only available within the current session you distributed the content in. There is no explicit delete option after this because it could potentially delete content added by students to their individual notebooks.

13. Individual and group distribution in Win10 App.

Please add individual and group distribution to the Win10 Onenote app as in Onenote2016. The ability of the teacher to differentiate assignments for individuals or groups of students is perhaps the most powerful feature of Onenote 2016. Unfortunately it is possible in the Win10 Onenote app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to solve or graph multiple functions through the math button

I am unable to graph or solve multiple functions all at once through the math app on One Note

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using text input, simply select all your equations and press Math button.
    For ink input, make sure you write each of your equations in a separate line with a tall { to their left (think of it as a connector). Then select all your ink before pressing Math button.

15. Add Class OneNote to Office 365 Teams

With the demise of MS Classroom we are looking at moving across to 365 Teams however, at present there doesn't seem to be any way of adding a Class OneNote to the Team site.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a 'Time Locked' Drop Box

I would love a drop box for time specific assignments. One that I don't have to go and look at time stamps/pages for history if something was completed on time, etc. A collection point where a final assignment can go and I can get to it when time allows - without worrying if kids are making changes that I need to try to account for.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sync content library across multiple class notebooks

As a rotary teacher with multiple classes who each have separate class notebooks, many classes have the same documents in their content libraries.

If I have a document which changes in one content library, I have to copy those changes to each class notebook. I am a music teacher with fingering charts for different instruments. If I tweak a change to one fingering chart in one class' content library, I have to copy these changes to all of the class' content libraries. Quite a process for 8 classes.

Any way of syncing these changes automatically?

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Using the “Cross Notebook Distribution…” option under the “Distribute Page” menu in Class Notebook, you can quickly copy content across multiple Class Notebooks simultaneously. Enjoy!

18. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Lock teacher mark up comments from deletion

When I give formative feedback onto a students workbook page, I don't want that to be deleted. If the student wants to edit the page after I have marked it then they should create a copy of that page so my feedback stays as evidence of assessment and progression of learning.

515 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hand in and plagiarism tool

Hi again! One thing that keeps teachers tied to multiple platforms is the ability to control hand-in assignments and plagarism. My last idea about timing tabs and pages to become visible and invisible for students would solve one part of this, but an automated plagarism control, like Ephorus, of selected tabs and pages, would be a great addition as well. Again, great potential here!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base