Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Lock pages

After distributing a page to students, I would like to mark and review their work and stop them from editing . Onenote team suggested to copy page to my folder! I have a class of 20, I cannot move all their doc 1 by 1 to the teacher folder or make a copy … it would be a waste of time and space- Teachers should have a padlock - so a Homework/page is locked - Students cannot edit again!

168 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow teacher to have the option to make a tab not editable in the student section of Class Notebook.

Making individual student tabs not editable by students but only by teacher can help the student see documentation without the student deleting or changing the information.

151 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Class Notebook Manage Notebooks created through Teams

Class Notebook Manage Notebooks created through Teams
        When a Notebook is created through Teams, it would great if an educator had the ability manage the Notebook through Class Notebook Manage Notebooks. Currently, we have to open the notebook through teams before being able to make any changes.

40 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Deleting a Distributed Page

Please allow me the option to delete a distributed page without having to go into each student's section.

113 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on this. After distributing pages to students, under the “Distribute Page” menu you can click the Undo option revert the distribution. Note that this option is only available within the current session you distributed the content in. There is no explicit delete option after this because it could potentially delete content added by students to their individual notebooks.

• please reinstate the insert printout function in ClassOneNotes created through

Please reinstate the ability to 'insert a printout' in the Class OneNotes created through MS classroom. This function has been modified to not embed the associated file...this means the printout can not be opened or edited and refreshed from within OneNote.

This was one of the BEST features of OneNote for class use.

If it cant be reinstated then at least provide the ability for it to be an option for Office admins or teachers to set when managing a classroom.

56 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • locking down student work title

When I create an assignment and distribute to Ss, I tell them not to change the title of the page, but invariably someone (often more than one someone) renames their assignment page in their individual space. This means I have to do hunt and peck for assignments when doing "review student work." Could we have feature to "lock down" assignment title so it all shows up in one place when we do review for grading ease? Thanks!

134 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Permissioned Groups in Collaboration Space

I often like to use the Collaboration Space for group work where all students in the group can contribute. The challenge is that all students in the class can both view and edit the work of other groups. Especially when I'm doing class competitions, this is not a good thing.

In a recent article (link below), there was an API update to allow this, but it's at the IT level, not the teacher level. I want the ability to change these permissions, not just password-protect, as a teacher please!

https://blogs.office.com/2016/05/24/teacher-only-spaces-collaboration-space-lockdown-subgroup-creation-and-more-with-the-new-class-notebook-api-updates/

23 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • I wish the "learning tools" were available from the online class notebook

I prefer my students to work online, or rather via the browser, partly because I don't want to confuse them with the different layouts at this stage (if ever). I like the opportunity to paste news paper articles as "pictures" and would love for my students to be able to use the learning tools to listen to them directly in the browser/online version of OneNote.

8 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Learning Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Sync content library across multiple class notebooks

As a rotary teacher with multiple classes who each have separate class notebooks, many classes have the same documents in their content libraries.

If I have a document which changes in one content library, I have to copy those changes to each class notebook. I am a music teacher with fingering charts for different instruments. If I tweak a change to one fingering chart in one class' content library, I have to copy these changes to all of the class' content libraries. Quite a process for 8 classes.

Any way of syncing these changes automatically?

85 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Using the “Cross Notebook Distribution…” option under the “Distribute Page” menu in Class Notebook, you can quickly copy content across multiple Class Notebooks simultaneously. Enjoy!

• Learning Tools for Mac version of OneNote

With about half my classes using Mac computers I would really, really appreciate being able to give them access to Learning Tools.

57 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Learning Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Distribute tab sections

Hi, could you please create the function that tab sections can be distributed to class notebooks, rather than just pages. Thanks.

32 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • delete a page

I love that you can add a page/ tab to everyone's notebook very easily. It would be very convenient if we could also delete a page/ tab just as easily. For instance, I accidentally added a page and had to go into each student's notebook and individually delete the page. THank you! I Love Classroom Notebook!

14 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add a function to send a page to all my students (into their Class Notebooks)

Dear OneNote developers,

I am a teacher and MIE Expert for 2015 and 2016 and I have been using OneNote in our school for three years now. I have a suggestion for a functionality that would be great not just for our school but for every teacher using OneNote, especially if they use OneNote Class Notebook in Office 365.

Very often I place various kinds of worksheets or other kind of study material in our collaboration space / library using OneNote Class Notebook and I want my students to fulfill them individually. I taught all my students how to copy…

80 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Lock teacher mark up comments from deletion

When I give formative feedback onto a students workbook page, I don't want that to be deleted. If the student wants to edit the page after I have marked it then they should create a copy of that page so my feedback stays as evidence of assessment and progression of learning.

515 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • A way for students to submit an assignment and, once submitted, not be able to access it or any other students view it.

This is a great tool!! We have many faculty that are looking for a way, either here or in SharePoint, to have students submit assignments but then not be able to access them anymore (deadline). Also, no student could view others' assignments. I know students could email the assignment to the faculty; however, they (the faculty) do not want to drag many emails into one spot, they would like the students to "drop" the assignments into a section or folder (SharePoint) that could then no longer be viewed or accessed by them or other students.

462 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • To be able to move/copy pages and sections to multiple Notebooks at once ie. distribute to the whole class's notebooks at once

If I need all the students or a specific group of students to get the pages I need to copy to each or make 29 copies and drag and drop over to the student's note books individually. Being able to select all of the notebooks or sections I want to make a copy to before pressing move/copy would be great. Thanks

140 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Allow parent access to individual student's Notebook

At the moment, only the teacher and the individual student have access to each student's Notebook. Parents will often ask about their child's progress and what they are specifically doing in class but are not able to see for themselves.

I am not sure of the best way to implement this but either allow the teacher the ability to add outside users or allow an individual student the ability to add someone themselves.

I am able to share my Notebook with outside users but it only allows access to my section. I want to be able to allow parent X…

98 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Need to allow inserted files to be rotated.

Need to allow inserted files to be rotated.

87 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • OneNote stickers

I am an elementary teacher and have recently had my students complete an assignment in a class notebook. While leaving comments about their work I thought about how much I'd like an option to insert a sticker. Kids love stickers on their work. Animated stickers would be even cooler to them.

64 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • 45 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base