Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Consistency across all versions of OneNote and ClassNotebook

There are such huge inconsistencies in OneNoteOnline, ClassNoteBook, OneNote Desktop App. It means you are juggling between them all to achieve one thing. Not a happy state of affairs. Sometimes achieving noting as a consequence.
    For example:

The lack of Forms for quizzes in one and not another.
    The lack of Connections in one and not another
    The lack of ClassNotebook tab online

There is a large list but just one solution, every feature across all versions.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distributions to Inidividual Pupils

Hi guys,

can we add the feature on the old app to distribute just to individual pupils please?

thanks,
    Tom

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Class Notebook tool: change the distribute page feature to keep page/subpage structure when distributing multiple pages to students. Curren

Class Notebook tool: change the distribute page feature to keep page/subpage structure when distributing multiple pages to students.
    Currently, all subpages are "promoted" to the standard page level when they are distributed to students, so that any subpage organization is lost.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. distribute page to groups/individuals in App

In the App version I cannot distribute page to groups and/or individual students. Hoping this feature is added so my district can make the switch to App instead of 2016. Differentiation is a cornerstone for how we use OneNote. Same goes for Cross Distribution for middle/high school teachers with multiple classes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. distribute sections & section groups across class notebooks

It would be great to be able to distribute sections and section groups by cross notebook distribution like you can with pages. This would save a lot of time.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Distribute page does not work to section groups

It appears that there is a bug in the UWP OneNote and online OneNote class notebook tool for distributing pages and reviewing work. The problem below does not occur in OneNote 2016 and as far as I can see the notebook is not corrupted.

The issue is that both UWP and online versions of the class notebook tool do not recognise section groups in the student area, only sections. This means that content cannot be distributed to section groups and work in section groups cannot be easily marked using the 'review student work' tool. I hope this is functionality that…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Distribute to Individuals or Subgroups

I am trialling the OneNote that comes with Windows 10 (since we heard 2016 wasn't being developed) and can't find the feature to distribute to individuals or a subgroup that is available in OneNote 2016

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Individual and group distribution in Win10 App.

Please add individual and group distribution to the Win10 Onenote app as in Onenote2016. The ability of the teacher to differentiate assignments for individuals or groups of students is perhaps the most powerful feature of Onenote 2016. Unfortunately it is possible in the Win10 Onenote app.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Distribute page to single student/groups online

I would like to be able to distribute a page to one student or a group of students while online. I know it's a tool in the app, but I need to be able to do it online.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hand in and plagiarism tool

Hi again! One thing that keeps teachers tied to multiple platforms is the ability to control hand-in assignments and plagarism. My last idea about timing tabs and pages to become visible and invisible for students would solve one part of this, but an automated plagarism control, like Ephorus, of selected tabs and pages, would be a great addition as well. Again, great potential here!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Incorporating Turnitin.com

I would like a plagiarism check function for grading essays. Currently my school uses Turnitin.com but I don’t prefer the grading features (I want to be able to hand write my comments like we can in OneNote).

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need the ability to distribute a page to a student's section group.

Need the ability to distribute a page to a student's section group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to distribute pages/content to a "group" tab in the student notebook (not just sections).

I like that "group" tabs can be easily added to students' individual notebooks (in addition to section tabs), but then I would like to be able to distribute pages/content to the group tab that I created for the students. I couldn't find a way to do this. Thanks for your consideration!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. group distribution lists not stored locally - other computers, relative to current workbook selected

I use a number of different devices to use OneNote with. Currently groups are stored locally on the computer, So I need to re-create them on each device I wish to distribute work to.
    I use similar group names for High, Middle and Low abilities, in each course, year and class. The number of groups becomes too big.
    If you are on a Notebook can you make it so only the groups you see are relative to that notebook. (or cross notebook distribute to other groups)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base