Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Parent External Access to a Page (instead of the whole Content Library)

Many teachers just want to have a single "Homework Page" (or Homework Folder) that is accessible to parents, without giving access to their entire Content Library.

That way, teachers can use OneNote Class Notebook as their main classroom tool, keep their resources private, but still have a place to post announcements/homework that can be publicly accessed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Review student work" only works with sections distributed using new OneNote

"Review student work" only works with sections distributed using new OneNote; it does not work with sections distributed with OneNote 2016. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stop Text boxes having to be in a fixed location

Stop Text boxes having to be in a fixed location (Like it's on a grid) allow them to be moved freely so that they can be lined up with lines on a worksheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Connect and syncing notebooks

I have 5 classes and a notebook for each class. It would be great to update one notebook and have it sync across all notebooks. I know you can currently copy pages, but it would be super convenient if it just syncs any updates. For example, if I add text to one of the pages, I want that added text to update to all notebooks w/o having to copy and then delete the old page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add link for Content Library of Staff Notebook

It would be great to have a “read only” link to the Content Library of a Staff Notebook. The. Admins or other building leaders could be kept aware of team meetings or other PLN work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Updating all versions of a shared/distributed page

being able to update all versions of a shared page. the amount of times I have shared a page and forget to add something...annoying!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fingerprint access on PC

Please add fingerprint access on PC instead of typing password for password protected notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be useful for the notebooks created in Teams to automatically merge over to OneNote. This helps when adding and removing students.

Once I've created a notebook in Microsoft Teams and I go to OneNote, I can only see the Notebooks under Recent or Class Notebooks. They are not located under "My Notebooks", therefore, once I try to add or remove a student, the options for choosing a Notebook created in Teams does not reflect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the paper type into the print view

When you want to print out a page, it turns it into a pdf. If you have the paper view set to like college ruled, then the background of the pdf should be the same as the one you picked. In other words, it should be lined/gridded instead of just blank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. LMS Mapping on all devices

PLEASE make it so when you map a notebook to your LMS, it exists anywhere you open it. Especially if it's the online version you are using! I can't get my teachers to buy in to using Class Notebook if they have to map their courses, notebooks, and then 150+ students on any device they want to use!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make "note containers" insert where you actually click every time and not just sometimes

make "note containers" insert where you actually click every time and not just sometimes

Apparently, in Onenote online or through Teams, when you click to insert a note, it will try to center the page which puts the note container in a completely different spot than where you clicked.

If this centering is a feature, I don't see how that could be useful, at the very least I should be able to disable it. My kids have old and weak laptops whose trackpads barely work, so scrolling to the right spot and moving the box every time is really asking…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add a pinning function to the OneNote app.

As I have 10 notebooks, having them easily view able like they were in OneNote 2016 is very important to my work flow and productivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Map connections, class notebooks, and students in the cloud... not on each individual device.

I grade on several devices...my iphone, surface pro, my all in one desktop at home, my classroom pc's, etc. Even when i use onenote online i have to do the process again. Madness! Every device i use, i need to go through the LMS login, then map the notebook to my existing powerschool course, then map all the students. EVERY TIME a new device is used!!!!.

Please push this process to the class notebook creation, and get it set up once!

As of now if i go to create an assignment in class notebook I have to ensure that each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Inexpedient naming of Class Notebook in Teams

When creating Class Notebook in Teams in danish, the Notebook gets a long prefix "Notebogen tilhørende ...", please remove ASAP!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Word Finder

Find Words instead of finding yourself

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Using one Note App to Export

As of right now I am not able to export using the app, which is imperative if I want to send out a mass copy of a notebook package for their own use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. history tab

Since we will need to move from the OneNote desktop to OneNote App we are seeing that there is no History tab that shows who/when modified the notebook especially during collaboration with others user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would it be possible to add unlimited "sub folders" to each section, and be able to color code them?

This would make communicating where and how to navigate to students much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base