Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video/Audio/Emoji/Comments Overlay

We have students across our large district submitting video for individual educator assistance and for authentic embedded assessment. We would love to see the opportunity to overlay video, audio comments or emoji over the top of the submitted video for feedback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In a class notebook with multiple teachers, I need Student Groups created by one teacher to be accessible to the other teachers.

Currently, if a teacher in a notebook creates student groups to make distribution to specific students faster and easier, only the teacher who created the student group can see and use it. It would be great if other teachers saw the student groups that have been created within the class notebook.

I support my staff in school-wide use of class notebook, and I would love to be able to put in the tedious work of creating specific groups for teachers without having to use their computers to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am trying to use classroom and it refuses to accept my login. The error stated that it received a bad request?? any suggesitons?

Make login to classroom a lot easier. Right now it is a nightmare for me and very frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Abilty to set Always Create pages with Rule lines at Class Notebook level

At the moment, each user can do this is their own OneNote, but I want every student to always have a default page layout when creating new pages, and for it to use that default when I distribute new pages/ sections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can you please add Ascend grading software to your list of grading software under "Connections"? BTW- brilliant move!

Can you please add Ascend grading software to your list of grading software under "Connections"? BTW- brilliant move!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Audio Recording Table of Contents

I would love the ability to create a Table of Contents Page with all of my Audio Recordings from a Notebook on it.

It would be great if this was a "living" document that would sync and add new audio recordings, etc.

I use Class Notebook with my Surface to record ink marks and audio of my lessons. This would be very beneficial.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make an interface where I can

Give ability to set permissions on section groups. For example in our staff notebook we want to have a section for Y7 work and a section for Y8 work etc. We would like to be able to collaborate in those areas but we can't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I’m sending this message in hopes Microsoft would apply and follow the VendorLink API specs for ProgressBook.

I’m posting this in hopes that Microsoft would apply and follow the VendorLink API specs for ProgressBook.
    The link below is method for integrating via their API.
    http://www.software-answers.com/Solutions/ByProduct/StudentInformation/Pages/VendorLink.aspx
    Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help make this happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. import students from one Class notebook to another

I'm making class notebooks on all the topics for each group I teach. I have to re-input the names each time. Can I (without creating an email group for each) import all the students from a previous notebook into a new one? That would make life easier!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hola, buenas noches, tengo un semestre usando OneNote con todos mis alumnos, se me hace excelente este complemento de Bloc de notas de clase

Hola, buenas noches, tengo un semestre usando OneNote con todos mis alumnos, se me hace excelente este complemento de Bloc de notas de clase, solamente le encuentro que le hizo falta que le agregaran la opción de distribuir una sección ya existe o un grupo de secciones existentes (no nuevas), para distribuirla de manera individual, al grupo o a varios grupos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. First of all it should sync all devices. I lost my school professional development inquiry project last year 2015. did it from the school PC

I used my school PC. Also I worked from home and from my device. Well I found out that I couldn't access all the item I had worked on from the school PC. And sadly by the end of 2015, I lost most of the item. One Note said that the item got deleted because it wasn't opened for sometime or something like that. I was gutted. I was a big fan for one note. I even printed everything ...myclass teaching evidence on it and after that incident, I have become wary. And now one drive is only giving 5GB.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow classnotebookaddin to link to class notebooks resident in the school area as well as those resident in your personnal area.

The built notebooks are faculty resources and cannot be lost when a teacher retires or leaves. They are best vreated in the school area rather than your personal onedrive and have more han one teacher author. Allow access from manage tab in add-in to school based notebooks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I WANT TO CREATE TINY E-BOOKS UNDER MICROSOFT.COM CAN U PAY ME

I CAN CREATE TINY ANIMATED EDUCATIONAL E-BOOKS ABOUT MANY TOPICS USING BY MICROSOFT ELEMENTS . UNDER YOUR PAYABLE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding class notebook to sites

There needs to be an easy way to add the class notebook to a class site. I know there is a link in the home page links but there is no easy way to make it link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share Class & Staff Notebooks to OneDrive for Business for users without Exchange enabled must be possible

Its not practical to deliver the Exchange service to young students. There are also legal implications doing so.

If Exchange is disabled on user before they sign in, sharing to Onedrive "Shared with me" folder will not work.

Only after Exchange is provisioned on the user account sharing to Onedrive "Shared with me" folder will work.

Using and sharing Class and Staff Notebooks should work regardless of the Exhange service is provisioned or not on the user object.

Ref: Office365 Service Request Ticket 616033193686580, stating this is "by design".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. use different accounts to access the classroom online

I think it will be better if students access to their claaess with onenote online, using their facebook number or office , facebook or hotmail account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base