Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Comments

'Insert'
    'Comment' to create an ongoing dialogue between student and teacher without disrupting content.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple choice test feature that self marks

It would be great it you could set up a multiple choice test with the ability to add pictures / video & short answer questions (like Google forms). Then have the answers to be fed into an excel spread sheet. Andrew Stillman a Google Script writer saw the power in forms and wrote a self marking script called Flubaroo which you can use as a add on to get the quiz from the form to self mark and give you some great feedback stats.

This feature would be great for OneNote and would allow teachers to use it as a…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a class notebook based on a template

I would like to be able to create one notebook that can be used as a template and duplicated - including student sections and pages. This would allow all my classes to have the same set-up in their notebooks without having to manually organise them.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. delete distributed pages

Being able to delete distributed pages in the student notebook

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I need the ability to organize studnets into section groups

Currently there is no way to organize the student section groups. The student section groups appear in alphabetical order. It would help if we had the option to Group students.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to merge cells in tables

Would it be possible for this option to be implemented?
    Currently, the complexity of tables that can be created in OneNote is significantly impaired due to the lack of this option. Tables (E.G. from Microsoft Word) that contain merged cells won't even retain these merged cells if 'copy-and-pasted' into OneNote - the cells will become separated.
    I use OneNote to take notes in lessons. If I am required to make a table that has merged cells, I can't do so. Instead, I have to figure out a way to convey the information in the table effectively without using merged cells.…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When distributing pages across notebooks it would be helpful to have the option to distribute to that notebook's content library as well

We can distribute across notebooks to individual students, why not to the notebooks content libraries as well? Could this be automatic, i.e. each time we distribute to a whole class it also distributes to the content library?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Syncing issues in OneNote app

When we distribute pages using the OneNote app we have major issues with anything that was printed to OneNote syncing

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Moving students from one notebook to another

It would be great if students could be moved from one class notebook to another if they have a schedule change. That way their work is not lost.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. an email generated when students receive something in their notebook so they know to check it!

I would like for there to be a way that an email notification appears for the student whenever something is added to their notebook. (almost like an alarm you set on your phone when you need to remember something). This way, students can see feedback almost as soon as it is put in, allowing for more growth opportunities.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have a chemical equation editor in OneNote

Writing chemical equations with all the subscripts and equation arrows is difficult, but an editor or adding into the math equation editor would help.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow users to color code pages in One Note

Currently I use OneNote as a bill organizer. Each month includes multiple pages of bills and payment confirmations. I would like to be able to color code the bill pages as desired. Just as the pages can be marked as Read/Unread when the user toggles Ctrl + Q, add a feature for users to choose colors for each page if desired (similiar to choosing cell colors in Word or Excel). This would really, really help this user.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide and time tabs/pages

Hi! When you have built a Notebook through a year, it is great that you can reuse the book next year. It is probably a bit overwhelming for the students though, so a function that lets you hide tabs and pages would have been great. Timing when the pages become visible (and invisible) would have been an even greater tool. Thanks for a product with great potential!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. message all students

Would it be possible to add a feature to be able to message all students/groups of students from within onenote class notebook. Would be useful to get info directly to them from the onenote.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include timers and set work to as a reminder to students.

Want to be able to set a task or assessment to be completed within a particular time e.g.10 mins. The alarm will alert them that their task should be completed soon. Then will open for that period of time, and submit to the teacher upon completion.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lock, group and control elements (text blocks, images, etc.)

As a teacher, I need to have the ability to create daily page templates for use across multiple class periods in the same day. I was so surprised I couldn't lock the text container or group it with the image. This would be a very useful feature.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to revise distributed pages from the original notebook.

I would like to see MS include the ability to revise any distributed lesson content via the original source/notebook. This would save me time having to go to individual classroom notebooks and revising content. Thankyou!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sticky note stickers in OneNote

Sticky note stickers of multiple colours in OneNote would be great.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pushing Pages and Sections

Pushing pages and sections to students in a class notebook should maintain the same hierarchy structure as the place you are pushing it from. This helps the students stay organized.

Also, when adding a new section to all students, the color of that section should not be random for each student. It should be one color that the teacher chooses so we can say, "Look at the new section I added called 'Quadratic Equations.' It's the red one."

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base