Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clearing login contents for multiple users of Office Apps

I need help with OneNote/classnotebook login and logout. When student’s login to a Onenote, they are seeing other student's folders under the content library even though that person signed out. They also see any onenotes that person had in their cabinet. I can go to the settings/onenote/reset onenote and turn on the Delete all notebooks and delete login credential when they logout. However, these do not stay turned on for the next person who logs in.

I've posted our problem in our division yammer. The responses that I get are that they have stopped using Office Apps on the ipads…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embedding

It would be great if I could embed with html codes. Fore example, I have Prezis and Vokis that I would like to embed.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy a section group to another notebook with relative links intact.

Be able to copy a section group to another notebook with relative links intact.

Setting up a section group as a standalone unit complete with links to resources, assignments, etc. and copy to another class notebook without breaking the links would be very helpful.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Templates

I have noticed that a huge range of templates are available on OneNote 2016, but there is no option to use a template on the newer version, OneNote for windows 10. As a student this would be an incredibly useful feature.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. set printout as background

I like how you can set a printout to be in the background (so students can type/draw/etc on top of a picture or a PDF a little easier). However, it would be more helpful if we can make that choice for each printout instead of as an option for the whole notebook. If I put a printout in, I'd like to be able to right click and choose - set printout as background. Thank you.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lecture hide and reveal capability

Sometimes I pose a previously typed question to the class. The question can be seen on the OneNote page For purposes of preparing the OneNote page for future viewing, I also have the answer just below. I do not want the class to see the answer until after I have gotten a response. Having a hide and reveal capability would be nice.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow teachers to distribute Sections and Section Groups to Individual or Student Groups like they can for page distribution

Please add the option for "Individual and Group Distribution..." to the New Section Distribution like that which is available for page distribution. Sometimes I want my student groups to have different sections.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Don't allow students to delete teacher created sections or pages.

Don't allow students to delete teacher created sections or pages. We are experiencing that students can delete tabs in their notebooks that teachers have created.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to lock text boxes and images in Collaboration Space

I would like the ability to setup a page in the collaboration space, or the students' personal spaces where the items that I add can be locked in place and are not able to be edited or moved by the students. This would allow the teacher to create a page where the students can read instructions and add information right onto the page without the problem of students accidentally deleting or modifying the content that the teacher added.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Smart Art in OneNote

You should include the Smart Art feature for students to insert nicely organized charts and diagrams into their notes. Trying to insert shapes and arrows is painful in OneNote.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lock entire sections in the student notebooks

I'd like the ability to lock entire sections of a student notebook with one click. At the moment, we have to lock all the pages separately. This can be tedious if students have added extra pages or re-named pages.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OneNote UWP automatically distribute existing sections and pages to new students.

We teachers need OneNote UWP to distribute existing sections and pages automatically to new students we add to our classes. Currently, we have to add each section and page, one at a time, to each new student. We need the app to recognize that new students will enroll during the year, and make the process more seamless.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Schedule class resources to be sent out

Schedule class resources to be sent out at a set time rather than having to set it up in class real time with the amount of connectivity issues it would be

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Embed powerpoint into OneNote

The ability to embed PowerPoint presentations into OneNote - not just the print out of the slides - an actual interactive slide show presentation.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a calendar tool to OneNote.

It would be even better if would sync with outlook. I would like my students to be able to see assignments and have an idea of what is coming up in advance from their class notebook.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. word count

Add a word count feature similar to what is in MS Word. This would help students make sure they are writing enough for assignments that require a certain length.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Maths Inking in OneNote 2016

Please can we have the Maths Inking features that are now in the native windows app in the OneNote 2016 version.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop the ink from slipping when writing on a PDF or image in OneNote.

This year I have made extensive use of marking student work using ink (pen) in OneNote on a Surface Pro 4. Makes it very easy to annotate student's work, add comments, highlight etc (and has saved a mountain of printing - the advantages are numerous). However, every now and then the original typed work / image moves and the annotations go out of alignment. I have some frustrated students who are unable to make coherent sense of my annotations.

It will be great if the annotations could "stick" to the original document / image / pdf and move with the…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base