Education

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. Add Class OneNote to Office 365 Teams

With the demise of MS Classroom we are looking at moving across to 365 Teams however, at present there doesn't seem to be any way of adding a Class OneNote to the Team site.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Notebooks in Class Creator Copiable

I have 4 sections of the same class. I hate having to recreate the class content 4 times.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add more Teachers to notebooks set up with the OneNote setup tool for Teachers

The new OneNote setup tool for Teachers is fantastic. But I'm getting a lot of requests to add additional teachers to the notebooks created by the tool. Currently not possible as the tool sets Limited Access permissions at the Section Group level.

Can you add to the setup tool, a process for adding additional teachers. They need to work as a team to help plan their lessons, share class resources and material and access other student "notebooks" (section groups).

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Microsoft Forms embedded in a Class Notebook

I would like to be able to create a quiz using Microsoft Forms, embed that in a Class Notebook and distribute it into pupil notebooks.
    Each pupil could then complete the quiz within their Class Notebook without needing to use a different app or a browser.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneNote Online version does not display equations added with the equation editor using the desktop version. Can this be fixed?

Inserting an equation using the editor (Alt=) on a note using the desktop version does not display in the online version. Just a box with "equation" appears.

This is a problem for me as a chemistry teacher. I use the equation editor for chemical formulas.

Can this be fixed?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set a time/date for Page Locks

Include a timed page lock feature that allows teachers to set a time/date for a specific page in OneNote to be locked to all students. This allows teachers to enforce the due date for an assignment that students are working on.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When using OneNote Class Notebook in Microsoft Teams, you can currently set a time for the due date and it will automatically lock the pages.

This is publicly available now in Teams

7. Connect to LMS on Mac

The Class Notebook connection to an LMS is invaluable and the fact that you are not able to do it from the Mac version is a real pain. It is a major stumbling block for full adoption at our school where some teachers use Mac and others use Windows PCs

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Distributing page to groups across class notebooks

It would be great to have the ability to distribute a page to student groups across notebooks outside of the originating class notebook.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the sort default to last name when reviewing student work

The default sort setting is student first name. Rarely would teachers need the list sorted by first name (however friendlier it might be). Most teachers have a gradebook open, sorted by last name, to cross-reference grades and work.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Connect with Microsoft Teams

Connect with teams as we could with classroom.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Review Student Work in Section Groups

Please allow us to see pages and tabs in section groups in the OneNote App when we are reviewing student work! Currently we can only see tabs in the main notebook, but no tabs in section groups show up. I create a new section group for each unit, so I cannot review student work since it isn't visible. Once again I am forced to return to ON 2016... Pretty please!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Incorporating Turnitin.com

I would like a plagiarism check function for grading essays. Currently my school uses Turnitin.com but I don’t prefer the grading features (I want to be able to hand write my comments like we can in OneNote).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable embedded video (i.e. from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) within OneNote pages

I would like to be able to embed video (i.e. from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) on pages within my OneNote Classroom content library. I have several flipped classroom lessons with handouts that accompany video lessons, but at the moment I have to have students navigate to the web to view the lessons. I would prefer to have embedded video on the page containing the handout so that my students can take notes without having to switch applications.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Private work area for the teacher

The welcome pages to the left of a shared notebook are visible to the students..would be great if these were private to the teacher so they could be used for lesson ideas, notes on students etc

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Move or copy section group to another notebook

Would love the ability to move or copy an entire section group to another notebook without having to individually move/copy each section and then create a new section group in the other notebook.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teachers should be able to distribute pages to all students from the iPad app as well as the computer

As it is now we are only able to distribute pages to all students from a desktop. It would be much easier if this function were available on the iPad app as well

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. equation editor

The Win10 app is getting good. The one thing I still miss from ON 2016 is the full equation editor - which is necessary when working with science. Will that come?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base