Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Drag from OneDrive to OneNote

Please allow teachers / students to drag documents of any kind from OneDrive online to the OneNote App. Currently I have to save the documents to my computer and then drag them to OneNote. I don't understand why these programs don't work together.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embed Google docs

Ideal if we could embed live google docs, forms, slides etc into onenote

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a class notebook based on a template

I would like to be able to create one notebook that can be used as a template and duplicated - including student sections and pages. This would allow all my classes to have the same set-up in their notebooks without having to manually organise them.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update content distributed in ClassNotebook

When a teacher edit the page that was previously distributed, allow updated content to students notebook.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Distribute a section set up with pages to students

It would be great if we could distribute a section with all of its pages set to students. We can distribute a blank section then distribute pages one by one. When I have set up a section with pages it would make sense to be able to distribute it to all the students all at once.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. embed H5P

H5P is so powerful, it would be perfect to embed H5P content into OneNote with just simple copy+paste the URL.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. distribute sections & section groups across class notebooks

It would be great to be able to distribute sections and section groups by cross notebook distribution like you can with pages. This would save a lot of time.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add/ allow the option "shuffle questions" in Forms with sections

Add/ allow the option "shuffle questions" in forms with sections

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assign OneNote Pages from other ClassNotebooks within Teams.

When assigning an assignment within Teams, allow for teacher to assign OneNote pages from ANY of their OneNote Notebooks.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate OneDrive into OneNote

Having the ability to link OneDrive into OneNote would be great, the idea being when a student signs into to O365 they are able to see their OneDrive files in OneNote and drag them into OneNote. This includes the shared with me files.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to move to next page or move back a page in when in Full Screen mode.

It would be awesome if there were some buttons that would allow you to use full screen mode in class notebook like a presentation mode. Just allowing you to move forward a page and back a page.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My students would like an "undo" button like Word has. Many students somehow accidentally delete their work in One Note and must start over!

My students would like "undo" buttons like Word has. Many students (somehow) accidentally delete their work in One Note and must start over! This is very distressing for them.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Send notification to students when feedback posted

I would love to have a notification sent to students when teacher feedback has been placed on their personal page. Could this been done as an email through outlook.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Latex Integration in OneNote

OneNote should have Latex integration. Most notebook style formats for computational work have managed this (Python Notebook, Matlab, Mathematica). It would make equation editing vastly simpler and more powerful.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sort by last name

We DESPERATELY need to be able to sort students in OneNote Class notebook by LAST name. It's such a pain to only be able to do it by first name when our online gradebooks work by last name. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Class Notebook

I am not able to track the work uploaded by my students while using Class Notebook at a glance.

Appreciate if there is a notification enabled when the teacher or student uploads the work.

Moreover if there can be a report created for uploads done by students.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Embed powerpoint into OneNote

The ability to embed PowerPoint presentations into OneNote - not just the print out of the slides - an actual interactive slide show presentation.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Date specific homework/note support

I need a way to give date specifik homework, which will show itself for students as a reminder, or in some type of calendar.
    Students sholud have a way to give answer right away, so i can see it all at one place, see who did/didnt turnded the homework in, write response and grade it.
    Also would be great to have ability to hide homework, to reuse old homework and set new date, or make it automaticly week specific every year.
    The key function is type of reminder for students, so they dont have to search for new homeworks, and…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move individual students from one class to another so that their work from the previous class is moved with them

Move individual students from one class to another so that their work from the previous class is moved with them

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Archive previous year's notebooks

From Office 365, my list of notebooks is growing quite quickly and in just a year or two, it will be very cumbersome to manage current and past notebooks. Right now, all previous year's notebooks show up in the Manage Notebooks list, as well as the My Notebooks list, which is great when I'm wanting to find a previous year's notebook content, but it makes managing THIS year's notebooks much more laborious since I have to sift through previous year's notebooks to find this year's books that I want to edit.

Please create some sort of "archive" feature where we…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base