Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. crop pictures in onenote

I'd like to crop pictures in OneNote rather than doing it in WORD first then copying it over. I'd also love it to appear in the app version too.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update content distributed in ClassNotebook

When a teacher edit the page that was previously distributed, allow updated content to students notebook.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate OneDrive into OneNote

Having the ability to link OneDrive into OneNote would be great, the idea being when a student signs into to O365 they are able to see their OneDrive files in OneNote and drag them into OneNote. This includes the shared with me files.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. distribute sections & section groups across class notebooks

It would be great to be able to distribute sections and section groups by cross notebook distribution like you can with pages. This would save a lot of time.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Un-distributing a page from a class notebook

It would be sooo useful to be able to mass delete or un-distribute a page from a class notebook. When I make changes to a page I have already distributed, it means I distribute again, and then students have to delete the original themselves (and many are unable to do this).

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My students would like an "undo" button like Word has. Many students somehow accidentally delete their work in One Note and must start over!

My students would like "undo" buttons like Word has. Many students (somehow) accidentally delete their work in One Note and must start over! This is very distressing for them.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Latex Integration in OneNote

OneNote should have Latex integration. Most notebook style formats for computational work have managed this (Python Notebook, Matlab, Mathematica). It would make equation editing vastly simpler and more powerful.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Distribute a section without having OneNote create an untitled page in it.

Distribute a section without having OneNote create an untitled page in it. When I distribute my neatly ordered pages into the section, the students see the blank "untitled page" (that OneNote created automatically) listed first. This throws some students (especially those with learning disabilities) for a loop because it appears like there is no information in the section. PLEASE fix.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Date specific homework/note support

I need a way to give date specifik homework, which will show itself for students as a reminder, or in some type of calendar.
    Students sholud have a way to give answer right away, so i can see it all at one place, see who did/didnt turnded the homework in, write response and grade it.
    Also would be great to have ability to hide homework, to reuse old homework and set new date, or make it automaticly week specific every year.
    The key function is type of reminder for students, so they dont have to search for new homeworks, and…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send notification to students when feedback posted

I would love to have a notification sent to students when teacher feedback has been placed on their personal page. Could this been done as an email through outlook.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Move individual students from one class to another so that their work from the previous class is moved with them

Move individual students from one class to another so that their work from the previous class is moved with them

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Archive previous year's notebooks

From Office 365, my list of notebooks is growing quite quickly and in just a year or two, it will be very cumbersome to manage current and past notebooks. Right now, all previous year's notebooks show up in the Manage Notebooks list, as well as the My Notebooks list, which is great when I'm wanting to find a previous year's notebook content, but it makes managing THIS year's notebooks much more laborious since I have to sift through previous year's notebooks to find this year's books that I want to edit.

Please create some sort of "archive" feature where we…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. sort by last name

We DESPERATELY need to be able to sort students in OneNote Class notebook by LAST name. It's such a pain to only be able to do it by first name when our online gradebooks work by last name. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Distribute read only pages in ClassNotebook

I want to distribute my evalutations of the students in Class Notebook, that I later can update during the school year so my students always can see how they perform in the curriculum. I've thought of doing a template that I can distribute to the students notebooks and then update them accordingly. However, it is (of course) essential that these pages is read only for the students. Please make it possible to "lock down" distributed pages.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. the ability to mass delete a or overwrite a page...

The appearance of an mildly inoffensive word in the reflection on someone's glasses on a screenshot that I used on a lesson title page has caused me to have to go and delete every single page from the students files.... Luckily I only distributed it to 120 students... so that meant that once I was in each of the class notebooks I only had to perform 280 clicks and the innocuous problem was solved...
    280 X 4 = 1120 clicks - excluding the pesky mouse movements/tracking involved...
    COME ON MICROSOFT WE'RE WORKING HARD, WE GET TIRED, WE MAKE MISTAKES OR…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to create groups of notebooks by category

I would really love if there were a way to see my notebooks in "shelves." I have 30+ notebooks I need to have hope to refer to frequently, if not daily. I'd like to have, for example, a "science" shelf where I can put my planning notebooks and my science notebooks, and a "math" shelf, etc. I don't think the actual file needs to change location; I'd just like the user interface to have an option to group the notebooks so I don't have to scroll through so many at a time.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. mark book

I would like OneNote classbook to include a markbook. I would like to be able to see the marks/grades for all the students in the class and of course would wish to be able to amend them. But I would like a student to be able to have a record of just his or her marks from my markbook....

I would also like an automatic email to be sent to all students in the class when I add a page to the Homework folder in the content library. This would allow me to set them tasks in this way and…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integration with Outlook

I would like to have integration with Outlook calendar so that I could associate information entered into Onenote with the time (and meeting) in which it took place. It would be a great way to quickly associate my notes with corresponding times or meetings.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share Welcome Section with parents

I'm loving the new feature of being able to share Students' Notebooks as well as the Content Library with parents. I would also like to be able to share the Welcome Section with them, and I’ll explain why.
    I train teachers on the use of Class Notebook and one of the suggestions I always make is for them to create their own Welcome page. The main reason for this is that I’ve been told by students that one of the things they don’t like about using Class Notebook is that every time they open it, they always land on the…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base