Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Can we have an option added to organize our students according to last name rather than by first name?

Can we have an option added to organize our students according to last name rather than by first name?

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Record screen action along with audio

I would like to record the screen as I add notes and point to text as the audio records my comments.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync still takes too long

Even with just 2 users, the sync experience is variable and nowhere near as consistent with Google Docs. Sometimes the notebook has to be manually synced, other times it works automatically. With more active users in a class notebook the problem is worse.

To reduce the overhead of a class notebook constantly syncing there could be an option to set how often the teacher would like all users and clients to sync. For example, if the teacher is just sending out a page with instructions for pupils to refer to then the sync frequency can be reduced to a default…

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneNote Classroom Notebook- Disallow student password protecting a section.

Students can password protect a section of their Class Notebook and keeps the teacher from viewing it. This should not be an option for students.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Distribute Section Groups in Class Notebook At Creation of Notebooks

Tabs are NOT enough. Teachers need the ability to not only create tabs but section groups when they create their notebooks. Otherwise you have to go in and create the section groups later and distribute to each class. It is a massive pain. Section groups would allow teachers to create Units and then the tabs w/in that unit are for Notes, Assessments, Handouts, etc.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneNote split screen feature to open two notes at one time

PLEASE make it possible to do a split screen feature within One Note! So then I could have two notes open at the same time. This would help with studying! OneNote is the only thing I use for school and this would be so helpful. It would then allow me to open up 3 items with the Ipad Split Screen feature.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. distribute section untitled page

When a New Section is distributed, it creates an untitled page. When teachers distribute pages to that new section, the pages go underneath that Untitled page, and the Untitled page just hangs out above everything else. It would be great if the first distributed page would replace any Untitled page that’s there.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow ONenote for Class Notebooks share/access between two different Office365 domain, example staff domain and student domain

Some school has 2 different AD domain and also 2 different public domain as their email addresses. It would be very helpful if OneNote Class Notebook - Online will allow Permission to access this notebook to
    users with email accounts from different domain/school.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The ability to identify student authors who have drawn things in the collaborative workspace.

Student initials come up when they type something in the collaborative workspace, but they don't when a student draws something. Unfortunately, some students feel the need to draw inappropriate things at times on this page, and it would be nice to be able to easily identify who it was.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Animated Gif Support

Would be great if i could add gifs which play automatically or by klicking it, instead of just showing the first frame.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an insert citations feature

Adds an insert citation button for citing work faster and more effectively without having to jump from word to Onenote

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. You have this great feature to 'Review Student Work' which makes work easy to find but you don't have any tools to mark that work easily or

You have this great feature to 'Review Student Work' which makes work easy to find but you don't have any tools to mark that work easily or signify to the students that they should look at it. I would like some sort of commenting tool that can be colour coded for different types of comments; I would like a quick click tick and cross and I would like a drag and drop make your own comment bank. It would also be great to have a one click button to send the work back to your own folder so you have…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A4 page size

It will be really usefull if there would be an option to customize the page size, for instance, A4 size, instead of an inifite page.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable iframe embedding to embed live content into OneNote

This suggestion is to unify a few other suggestions. I realize that OneNote has made a lot of progress in terms of embedding content but a lot of helpful content is excluded because OneNote does not allow iframe embedding.
    This feature is partially possible by using Sway as a wrapper but it gives mixed results. E.g. an iframe inside a Sway on a OneNote page will open separately in a browser when using OneNote for Windows 10, but will open on the OneNote page when using OneNote Online.
    It would be very useful if one could do that directly in…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Temporarily hiding students' pages while correcting assignments.

As a teacher I really appreciate the option of locking the students' pages (under the Review students work in Class Notebook). However, I miss the option of hiding the pages while e.g. correcting the students' assignments.
    This will ensable me to ensure a homogenous practise.

I hope you will consider this improvement.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Drag from OneDrive to OneNote

Please allow teachers / students to drag documents of any kind from OneDrive online to the OneNote App. Currently I have to save the documents to my computer and then drag them to OneNote. I don't understand why these programs don't work together.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quiz tools

A really great addition to the Add-In or to OneNote itself would be a really good quiz app- like the quiz functions in Schoology. I’ve had a look at the quiz app that already exists, but its nowhere near as good as Schoology’s.
    Is anyone working on this?

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The ability to play a Powerpoint document within OneNote

At the moment it is possible to make a link to a powerpointfile, which implies that Powerpoint must be installed on the sudent's computer to read it, and that the student has access to the file.
    The other possbility is to print the powerpoint within OneNote, which does not give access to the animations that can be hnady for the explanations.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Distribute a section set up with pages to students

It would be great if we could distribute a section with all of its pages set to students. We can distribute a blank section then distribute pages one by one. When I have set up a section with pages it would make sense to be able to distribute it to all the students all at once.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embed Google docs

Ideal if we could embed live google docs, forms, slides etc into onenote

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base