Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple page distribution from Windows 10 App

Multiple page distribution from OneNote 2016 is now wholly unreliable. Recently distributed multiple pages and 72 hours later students still had not got the pages. Major disruption to teaching! Same content had to be distributed page by page from Windows 10 App. Time consuming! When is multiple page distribution coming to the Windows 10 App. LONG OVERDUE ...

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Review Student Work in Section Groups

Please allow us to see pages and tabs in section groups in the OneNote App when we are reviewing student work! Currently we can only see tabs in the main notebook, but no tabs in section groups show up. I create a new section group for each unit, so I cannot review student work since it isn't visible. Once again I am forced to return to ON 2016... Pretty please!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In the app, allow “File Printout” for all file types (not just PDFs).

In the app, allow “File Printout” for all file types (not just PDFs).

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mapping students in OneNote 2016 is much more efficient than in Windows 10 OneNote. It would be great if that was available before OneNote

Mapping students in OneNote 2016 is much more efficient than in Windows 10 OneNote. It would be great if that was available before OneNote 2016 was no longer supported. I would also love the option of having the ability to have the sections be at the top instead of on the side. Small computes lose too much space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "section group"

In one note app, provide the same functions for distributing a new blank section group to all students, and then distributing new blank sections to that group that already exists in one note 2016. I would use some of the enhancements to section groups requested in other threads if they become available, but a first (and hopefully simple and quick step) would be to just port the existing functions over to the new app.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cross Notebook Distribution

OneNote needs to have all of the Cross Notebook Distribution options that OneNote 2016 has. Right now, I teach three different sections of the same course. In OneNote, I have to make a copy of the same page in each notebook and distribute the same page three times. In 2016, I only had to make the page once and could distribute it to all three class sections that I have. OneNote 2016 also allows you to make student groups, which is awesome for differentiation. OneNote does not have this option. To me, this is a GAPING hole in the app.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Edmodo LMS not listed on OneNote Online Class Notebook Connections Menu option

Microsoft state that OneNote will connect to the Edmodo LMS, however when using OneNote Online on a Mac computer. Can the Edmodo LMS be added to the OneNote > Class Notebook > Connections > Connections > Select Your LMS or SIS menu please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to distribute multiple pages at once in online version of Class Notebook

Distributing multiple pages at once with a simple check box tool in the online version of Class Notebook would save a significant amount of time.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Lock pages so the students can’t delete them!

Today the students did a test in OneNote Classroom.

A big problem I have is that students can delete the pages themeselves.

I had a student today that wasn´t pleased with his test so he deleted it before I

had corrected it.

My wish is that I can lock the pages so the students can´t delete them themselves.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. distribute pages

The ability to distribute multiple pages simultaneously would be very useful. For certain materials I like to keep things on separate pages and right now I can only distribute one page at a time.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Connections button to LMS in the Class Notebook Add-in within OneNote UWP (Windows 10 Universal App)

I have been using OneNote 2016 with the Class Notebook Add-In that has The Connections button to connect to an LMS such as Schoology, Map Class Notebook, and Map Students for grading within OneNote. But I do not see those same features on the Class Notebook Add-In with the OneNote UWP Windows 10 App. Please add these same features to the OneNote UWP Windows 10 App.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Math Assistant needs an On/Off switch

Math Instructors are asking for the capability to turn this feature off for assessments and quizzes. Also will Math Assistant be available in the desktop version?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Consistency across all versions of OneNote and ClassNotebook

There are such huge inconsistencies in OneNoteOnline, ClassNoteBook, OneNote Desktop App. It means you are juggling between them all to achieve one thing. Not a happy state of affairs. Sometimes achieving noting as a consequence.
    For example:

The lack of Forms for quizzes in one and not another.
    The lack of Connections in one and not another
    The lack of ClassNotebook tab online

There is a large list but just one solution, every feature across all versions.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Incorporating Turnitin.com

I would like a plagiarism check function for grading essays. Currently my school uses Turnitin.com but I don’t prefer the grading features (I want to be able to hand write my comments like we can in OneNote).

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Individual and group distribution in Win10 App.

Please add individual and group distribution to the Win10 Onenote app as in Onenote2016. The ability of the teacher to differentiate assignments for individuals or groups of students is perhaps the most powerful feature of Onenote 2016. Unfortunately it is possible in the Win10 Onenote app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Class Notebook Manage Notebooks created through Teams

Class Notebook Manage Notebooks created through Teams
    When a Notebook is created through Teams, it would great if an educator had the ability manage the Notebook through Class Notebook Manage Notebooks. Currently, we have to open the notebook through teams before being able to make any changes.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Lock pages

After distributing a page to students, I would like to mark and review their work and stop them from editing . Onenote team suggested to copy page to my folder! I have a class of 20, I cannot move all their doc 1 by 1 to the teacher folder or make a copy … it would be a waste of time and space- Teachers should have a padlock - so a Homework/page is locked - Students cannot edit again!

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Distributing page to groups across class notebooks

It would be great to have the ability to distribute a page to student groups across notebooks outside of the originating class notebook.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teachers should be able to distribute pages to all students from the iPad app as well as the computer

As it is now we are only able to distribute pages to all students from a desktop. It would be much easier if this function were available on the iPad app as well

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base