Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Permissioned Groups in Collaboration Space

I often like to use the Collaboration Space for group work where all students in the group can contribute. The challenge is that all students in the class can both view and edit the work of other groups. Especially when I'm doing class competitions, this is not a good thing.

In a recent article (link below), there was an API update to allow this, but it's at the IT level, not the teacher level. I want the ability to change these permissions, not just password-protect, as a teacher please!

https://blogs.office.com/2016/05/24/teacher-only-spaces-collaboration-space-lockdown-subgroup-creation-and-more-with-the-new-class-notebook-api-updates/

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create section groups for the students when I create the Class Notebook, create sections under group sections and remove sections.

I would like to create section groups for the students when I create the Class Notebook the first time. It would be great if I also at the same time could create the sections I want under the Group section. I also miss the possibility to remove sections.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a 'Time Locked' Drop Box

I would love a drop box for time specific assignments. One that I don't have to go and look at time stamps/pages for history if something was completed on time, etc. A collection point where a final assignment can go and I can get to it when time allows - without worrying if kids are making changes that I need to try to account for.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneNote Issue: distributes same page multiple times

Each time I try to distribute several pages, it keeps distributing the same page over and over again. So, for example, if I have 4 pages to post to a class notebook, I distribute pages 1, then 2. When I try to submit 3, it distributes page 2 instead!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please reinstate the insert printout function in ClassOneNotes created through

Please reinstate the ability to 'insert a printout' in the Class OneNotes created through MS classroom. This function has been modified to not embed the associated file...this means the printout can not be opened or edited and refreshed from within OneNote.

This was one of the BEST features of OneNote for class use.

If it cant be reinstated then at least provide the ability for it to be an option for Office admins or teachers to set when managing a classroom.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Deleting a Distributed Page

Please allow me the option to delete a distributed page without having to go into each student's section.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on this. After distributing pages to students, under the “Distribute Page” menu you can click the Undo option revert the distribution. Note that this option is only available within the current session you distributed the content in. There is no explicit delete option after this because it could potentially delete content added by students to their individual notebooks.

8. locking down student work title

When I create an assignment and distribute to Ss, I tell them not to change the title of the page, but invariably someone (often more than one someone) renames their assignment page in their individual space. This means I have to do hunt and peck for assignments when doing "review student work." Could we have feature to "lock down" assignment title so it all shows up in one place when we do review for grading ease? Thanks!

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Connect to LMS on Mac

The Class Notebook connection to an LMS is invaluable and the fact that you are not able to do it from the Mac version is a real pain. It is a major stumbling block for full adoption at our school where some teachers use Mac and others use Windows PCs

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Turn in and Editing Tool

It would be great for grading papers if there were a drag and drop style editing tool like "Turnitin" has. When a student uploads a Word document or pdf of a paper in a shared Class Notebook, the teacher would have a menu of tools to drag and drop "editing symbols" onto that document. Each editing symbol would have an explanation of the basic grammar, spelling, or punctuation issue that would appear when the student hovered over or clicked on the editing symbol. This would speed up grading incredibly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sync content library across multiple class notebooks

As a rotary teacher with multiple classes who each have separate class notebooks, many classes have the same documents in their content libraries.

If I have a document which changes in one content library, I have to copy those changes to each class notebook. I am a music teacher with fingering charts for different instruments. If I tweak a change to one fingering chart in one class' content library, I have to copy these changes to all of the class' content libraries. Quite a process for 8 classes.

Any way of syncing these changes automatically?

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Using the “Cross Notebook Distribution…” option under the “Distribute Page” menu in Class Notebook, you can quickly copy content across multiple Class Notebooks simultaneously. Enjoy!

13. Distribute tab sections

Hi, could you please create the function that tab sections can be distributed to class notebooks, rather than just pages. Thanks.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. delete a page

I love that you can add a page/ tab to everyone's notebook very easily. It would be very convenient if we could also delete a page/ tab just as easily. For instance, I accidentally added a page and had to go into each student's notebook and individually delete the page. THank you! I Love Classroom Notebook!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Microsoft Forms embedded in a Class Notebook

I would like to be able to create a quiz using Microsoft Forms, embed that in a Class Notebook and distribute it into pupil notebooks.
    Each pupil could then complete the quiz within their Class Notebook without needing to use a different app or a browser.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to embed and then edit Word/excel documents within OneNote

Hello,
    Is there any way to Embed a word or excel file rather than just attach the file or have it visible as an image (print to file)?
    It would be great to be able to send a Word document that I have created elsewhere that students can just click and choose to edit it directly onto the page I’ve attached it to? It’s cumbersome for students to have to open up the file, download it, edit it and then they cannot just save it straight back to the page they opened it from.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Type on top of PDF printout.

I want to print a PDF of a worksheet to a Class Notebook and have the students "easily" type on top of PDF printouts.
    Currently students can Draw on the worksheet and drag text on top of the worksheet. However, I want students to be able to click a spot on the PDF and then type their response on top of the PDF.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Distribute Group Section

With the new add-on I can now distribute sections and pages to all my students, but I often make section groups for each new assignment and it would be nice to be able to distribute the whole section group just like I can for sections and pages.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for Mac!!!

I just tried to make a Class-Notebook app and in the last step - yes there is companion app - but only for MS :-(

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Insert a video into content library, making it easier for flipping lessons

For example, if I create an animated lesson in an app like Show Me or I clip a video from YouTube, I want to insert it. However, when I do it now, it gives me just the audio. Or I have to download it to OneDrive or Video Channel--which takes AGES to do (at least in China). If it was easier to add and playback video in notebooks (as opposed to links to YouTube, which is blocked in some countries like China), then we can flip our classrooms easier.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base