Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Incorporating Turnitin.com

I would like a plagiarism check function for grading essays. Currently my school uses Turnitin.com but I don’t prefer the grading features (I want to be able to hand write my comments like we can in OneNote).

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need the ability to distribute a page to a student's section group.

Need the ability to distribute a page to a student's section group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to solve or graph multiple functions through the math button

I am unable to graph or solve multiple functions all at once through the math app on One Note

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using text input, simply select all your equations and press Math button.
    For ink input, make sure you write each of your equations in a separate line with a tall { to their left (think of it as a connector). Then select all your ink before pressing Math button.

4. Ability to embed Desmos

Our math teachers would love to be able to embed Desmos graphing activities into Class Notebooks. One of the best digital math activities site out on the web for students.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Individual and group distribution in Win10 App.

Please add individual and group distribution to the Win10 Onenote app as in Onenote2016. The ability of the teacher to differentiate assignments for individuals or groups of students is perhaps the most powerful feature of Onenote 2016. Unfortunately it is possible in the Win10 Onenote app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Class Notebook Manage Notebooks created through Teams

Class Notebook Manage Notebooks created through Teams
    When a Notebook is created through Teams, it would great if an educator had the ability manage the Notebook through Class Notebook Manage Notebooks. Currently, we have to open the notebook through teams before being able to make any changes.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lock pages

After distributing a page to students, I would like to mark and review their work and stop them from editing . Onenote team suggested to copy page to my folder! I have a class of 20, I cannot move all their doc 1 by 1 to the teacher folder or make a copy … it would be a waste of time and space- Teachers should have a padlock - so a Homework/page is locked - Students cannot edit again!

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Distributing page to groups across class notebooks

It would be great to have the ability to distribute a page to student groups across notebooks outside of the originating class notebook.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teachers should be able to distribute pages to all students from the iPad app as well as the computer

As it is now we are only able to distribute pages to all students from a desktop. It would be much easier if this function were available on the iPad app as well

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Connect with Microsoft Teams

Connect with teams as we could with classroom.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow teacher to have the option to make a tab not editable in the student section of Class Notebook.

Making individual student tabs not editable by students but only by teacher can help the student see documentation without the student deleting or changing the information.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. learning tools reading math symbols

We would like to use OneNote to read math tests except it doesn't seem to read the math symbols from a PDF document using the immersive reader.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Class OneNote to Office 365 Teams

With the demise of MS Classroom we are looking at moving across to 365 Teams however, at present there doesn't seem to be any way of adding a Class OneNote to the Team site.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Distribute page to single student/groups online

I would like to be able to distribute a page to one student or a group of students while online. I know it's a tool in the app, but I need to be able to do it online.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow teachers to lock a page across class notebooks

Allowing teachers to lock pages will let us assess better. For example: I have one page of readings, and another that is a graphic organizer. Students were to fill out the graphic organizer using the readings during class and for homework. I'm going to give an open note quiz today where I want to allow students to access the graphic organizer, but not the readings.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. group distribution lists not stored locally - other computers, relative to current workbook selected

I use a number of different devices to use OneNote with. Currently groups are stored locally on the computer, So I need to re-create them on each device I wish to distribute work to.
    I use similar group names for High, Middle and Low abilities, in each course, year and class. The number of groups becomes too big.
    If you are on a Notebook can you make it so only the groups you see are relative to that notebook. (or cross notebook distribute to other groups)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable embedded video (i.e. from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) within OneNote pages

I would like to be able to embed video (i.e. from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) on pages within my OneNote Classroom content library. I have several flipped classroom lessons with handouts that accompany video lessons, but at the moment I have to have students navigate to the web to view the lessons. I would prefer to have embedded video on the page containing the handout so that my students can take notes without having to switch applications.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to distribute pages/content to a "group" tab in the student notebook (not just sections).

I like that "group" tabs can be easily added to students' individual notebooks (in addition to section tabs), but then I would like to be able to distribute pages/content to the group tab that I created for the students. I couldn't find a way to do this. Thanks for your consideration!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Embed FlipGrid

I would like to be able to embed a fully functional FlipGrid in OneNote. FlipGrid already has the correct share function with the iframe code.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base