Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. improved performance when editing

need to have page updates distributed instantly. Case where a teacher is working with pupils and want to review work they are doing on a Class One not page. Currently can take 30 seconds for the teacher to see an update. Also when working in the collaboration section same poor performance seems to be a feature. happy to provide more details

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Hidden Section for ONLY Teachers to see.

This could be useful for teachers sharing notebooks, or even if a teacher has to take a leave of absence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Activate & Link Your Roku Device Now

Activate the Pandora on your Roku as it comes under one of the channels that you need to watch for sure. Want to know the process, it is simple don’t worry! Navigate to the channel store and search for Pandora. Once you click on the add channel, you will find the code on the screen of your TV. Make a note of the code and navigate to the Pandora.com/activate. On the empty space that you find there, you will have to enter the code that you made a note of. Once you click on submit, you are free to start…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Arrange new section Groups

Can we please be able to arrange the "New Section groups" in the horizontal bar in stead of having them alphabetical.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Distribute Pages Quicker

One of the least classroom friendly issues in my experience with OneNote is how long it takes for pages to distribute. I can post something to Google classroom within seconds, but uploading a new page into my notebook and then distributing it to students takes upwards of 10 minutes sometimes... (big PDFs may take all day I've found, even with our school's gigabit internet connection) And then it doesn't really even show up once the distributing has "finished" - it is only visible on the web app for another who-knows-how-many minutes.

Teachers really need a "real-time" distribution system within OneNote.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Activate PBS Kids on Roku

The PBS KIDS Roku channel provides a mix of videos and full-length episodes of 29 children's PBS programs. Many series, such as Clifford the Big Red Dog, offer only sets of clips. In this case, four videos of 11 to 20 clips each, each 30 to 40 minutes in length. Other shows-Cat in the Hat, for example-have both complete and video sets. Visit the website https://www.activatepbs.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the 2016 OneNote, we used to be able to change the date and timestamp of a new page. However, I cannot do this with the 365 version. Plea

In the 2016 OneNote, we used to be able to change the date and timestamp of a new page. However, I cannot do this with the 365 version. Please bring back the option of modifying the timestamp on a new page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring OneNote App ruler to the desktop version

The ruler function in OneNote App is a great idea. Can you bring it to the desktop version?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not needing wifi for work

Yeah sooooooooo yeah

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Recover attachments

Can the ability to recover deleted attachments please be implemented ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to lock pages in place. So they do not move when editing text boxes, etc

I have constant issues of pages moving around in a one note document. I need an ability where I can lock pages in place. So that I can freely type within these pages and move the text boxes without clicking to move the page by accident for the hundredth time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Link existing Class Notebooks to SEQTA option missing

Our staff are all on Win 10 machines using the OneNote app, not the OneNote 2016 app (which isn't being developed any further). The Win 10 OneNote app doesn't have the option to connect to SEQTA. The old OneNote 2016 app used to have the option to connect to SEQTA so I know it can be done. You do have the option to create a class notebook straight from SEQTA so the ability to connect is there, but only one way.

Are there any plans to bring back the option to connect existing class notebooks to SEQTA?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Identify unread pages on OneNote for Android and OneNote Online (bold)

On the Windows versions of OneNote (both OneNote 2016 and the Windows 10 App) I can easily identify all the unread pages as they are showed in BOLD. This is especially useful on the class notebooks to review the changes and additions made by the students and for the students to find all the new materials that get distributed.

All this is not working on OneNote for Android and OneNote Online: the unread pages are not showed in BOLD or marked in any other way and the students had to search them through the "recent notes" button… ending up losing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. An Insert Learning for Edge / OneNote

I'm a fan of Insert Learning as a Chrome extension. It allows me to insert questions and comments into live web pages. In so doing, it saves a lot of steps when I want students to interact with a news story. But that platform doesn't work with Microsoft accounts, just gmail. Is there any way Edge or OneNote could allow a teacher to insert questions and comments into a live web page?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ALL THINGS IN PC I WANT THEM IN IPAD

I cant use split screen or background voice recorder. Pls add them because other applications have these things and I dont want to use them. I want to use Onanote in my Ipad. Pls add them fast. (Sorry for my english if it is wrong but I hope u get it what I want to say)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base