Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Map connections, class notebooks, and students in the cloud... not on each individual device.

I grade on several devices...my iphone, surface pro, my all in one desktop at home, my classroom pc's, etc. Even when i use onenote online i have to do the process again. Madness! Every device i use, i need to go through the LMS login, then map the notebook to my existing powerschool course, then map all the students. EVERY TIME a new device is used!!!!.

Please push this process to the class notebook creation, and get it set up once!

As of now if i go to create an assignment in class notebook I have to ensure that each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. copy text from picture

In OneNote 2016 it was possible to use OCR feature to copy the text from an image inserted in OneNote and paste it as actual text. We have moved to OneNote App and I can not find this feature. I think it is as really useful feature for teachers and students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. it would be great to have a feature which shows usage data. For example how many times they visited a certain section, page or link.

it would be great to have a feature which shows usage data and stats. For example how many times they visited a certain section, page or link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Inexpedient naming of Class Notebook in Teams

When creating Class Notebook in Teams in danish, the Notebook gets a long prefix "Notebogen tilhørende ...", please remove ASAP!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Word Finder

Find Words instead of finding yourself

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Using one Note App to Export

As of right now I am not able to export using the app, which is imperative if I want to send out a mass copy of a notebook package for their own use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Student passwords in class notebook

Allow teachers to remove student passwords in class notebook or prevent students from adding these to their work in OneNote in the first place.

With students being able to set passwords and lock teachers out, teachers can't check in on student work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. grammarly

Add Grammarly to OneNote!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If not bringing back OneNote Desktop, make APP as functional as the desktop version please!

There are many features missing in the app, and my entire school went to OneNote for it's great functionality and now that we're updated we have lost a lot of the power of the program. Please, either go back to desktop version or make the APP as powerful.
    Specifically at the moment I'm pulling out my hair that I can't rename an embedded file by simply right clicking on the file like before. I also miss the email page button. The list goes on and on. Help please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to create assignments across notebooks

It would be great to be able to create one assignment that is assigned to multiple classes to all the classes at once. Otherwise, it has to be created one at a time for each class. It also would be great to be able to assign a page that does not live in the same notebook connected to an LMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. history tab

Since we will need to move from the OneNote desktop to OneNote App we are seeing that there is no History tab that shows who/when modified the notebook especially during collaboration with others user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. hyperlink on picture

O365Educ
    For young students, it would be easier to click on an image than click on a text.
    So it would be nice to be able to place an hyperlink on a picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make it so we can save our notes as a pdf

I don't know howd you would do it but on office 365 we can do it so if possible can you make it so we can save our notes as a pdf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. cropping images on OneNote

would be great to crop an image on onenote

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would it be possible to add unlimited "sub folders" to each section, and be able to color code them?

This would make communicating where and how to navigate to students much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow creation of section groups in OneNote app

Did not have the ability to select the correct category. This is for the OneNote App.

Allow for the ability to create section groups in the 'new' OneNote App since OneNote 2016 is not being updated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. limit zoom and page size option

option to limit the page size (width) (and zoom). creates a more finished looking document and a more organized feeling. it also helps printing out your documents since the format already fits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Paginatitels van docent automatisch laten overnemen door leerling

Als leerlingen afwijkende paginatitels gebruiken kun je ze niet via ‘werk ... beoordelen’ in een keer nakijken. Het zou handig zijn als je als docent in een keer een paginatitel voor alle leerlingen **** toevoegen (net zoals bij secties). Maar nog handiger is als leerlingen naar mijn paginatitel (docent) gaan en de titel automatisch overnemen in hun eigen paginatitel (een pagina die nieuw gemaakt wordt in bijv. de huiswerk sectie). Vervolgens kunnen ze het bij de les behorende huiswerk op de pagina invullen, met exact dezelfde paginatitel als mijn les.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embed Wakelet collections with working links.

Presently, Wakelet collections can be embedded in OneNote, but the links do not work. Not sure why I would put Wakelet in my OneNote if the links aren't live. Working Wakelet collections in OneNote would provide for an efficient and attractive way to share links.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base