Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assessment Mode - Lock rest of so student can't look at previous work whilst being assessed

When using OneNote for Assessment i dont want student to be able to look at other bits of there note books and "cheat"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Information on Sync Status

Although there is a sync symbol next to each notebook and on the top right, I'd like to know WHICH sections and even which pages are syncing. Now I have to wait for the whole notebook to sync, to view the student pages, since I wouldn't know, which ones already synced.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Store student notebooks locally!

Actual notebook storing is not transparent. Maybe I'm wrong, since it's not obvious: By the looks of it, class notebooks are one giant file stored on the teacher's cloud.

• Organise notebooks in an actual folder structure, not section groups and sections etc.

• The student pages should be actual files stored on THEIR cloud and shared with the teacher.

• The OneNote addin would merely be a tool to push pages and folders to all students or peek at their folder structure and content.

• Each student could sync a local copy of the folders and pages on the local harddrive. If the…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Folder Structure

I don't appreciate the section group/section/page organisation. I find it wonky.

• I'd be much appreciated to have a simple folder structure.

• Each page should get a OneNote File.

• You should be able to SYNCHRONISE these files with OneDrive and Windows Explorer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Nice Coordinate Systems

In my physics classes, I'd like the ability to insert nice coordinate systems or custom vector graphics.

I would like to draw my own graphics (nice arrows, grid lines, etc.) and insert it as a shape.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PDF Support

I work a lot with LaTex and PDFs. All the exercise sheets of my classes come in PDF. I miss

• being able to slice PDFs in OneNote to make space for notes (for example with the "insert or remove extra space" tool)

• inserting the actual PDFs and not JPG (to enable hyperlinks for example)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A pencil option to go with the pen and marker (just like the other Office Apps)

A pencil to draw/write with as an option with the pen and maker - this feature already exists in other Office iPadOS apps like PowerPoint and Word - bring it into OneNote :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. review student work

I'd like a way to have the Review Student Work not always be on top or at least be minimized. When I have multiple windows open it gets in the way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Math Tool AI 365 Form - Teacher to see data

As of now, only the student can see the quiz results. Is there a way for the teacher of the class notebook to see quiz results? Teachers want to have accountability options, and a way to offer credit/incentives for using this tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. surface pen on one note doesn't work well- possible fix/improvements

The surface pen on one note doesn't function great.
    It is constantly on pen mode. I intstinctively will try to use the pen to scroll through the document but end up drawing all over the place.

Could I suggest some ideas to help with improvement:

Fixing the action of clicking the back of the pen (eraser if you will).
    You should make it more customizable- i.e with a long click you can take a screen shot or open up a program of your choice, etc. One long click does this, two clicks does that.

-If you give a quick click…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. triangle ruler

I wish to have a triangle ruler!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Insert comment

Sometimes I need to write a small note or comment about a certain sentence on the margin of the page, but to know to which sentence or paragraph this note is for , I usually draw an arrow along the whole text till the note. I thought it would be much easier if the program had the feature of inserting a comment ( as the one in Word )

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Distribute also custom indicators when a section is distributed

When distributing a section, it would be useful to have the custom indicators also distributed.

Currently, the students have to had them manually and individually

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Maintain default template for a new page when a section is distributed

In the teacher only section, I created a template, and set it to be the default template for any new page created in this section.

When I distribute this section to the students, I want that template to be used by default when they create a new page in this section.

Currently, this feature has to be done manually by each student, otherise every new page they create is a blank new page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Blog for students

I would like a blog for the students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. poder recortar imágenes pegadas desde el porta-papeles

poder recortar imágenes pegadas desde el porta-papeles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base