Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. OneNote Online version does not display equations added with the equation editor using the desktop version. Can this be fixed?

Inserting an equation using the editor (Alt=) on a note using the desktop version does not display in the online version. Just a box with "equation" appears.

This is a problem for me as a chemistry teacher. I use the equation editor for chemical formulas.

Can this be fixed?

21 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Private work area for the teacher

The welcome pages to the left of a shared notebook are visible to the students..would be great if these were private to the teacher so they could be used for lesson ideas, notes on students etc

17 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 10 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Learning Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. French is a supported language in the Immersive Reader feature in Learning Tools. Click here to see which languages are supported by Learning Tools: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015390

• Copying from Content Library on Class Notebook online

Students need to be able to copy from the Content Library in the Class Notebook when working in the online version.

6 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Better student managing/deleting users

I want to be able to delete students and teachers from my notebook from the same menu as i added them through. Managing a class notebook is a rather geeky task now. A clean interface for this would for instance make it possible to delte all students after a schoolyear and reuse the same notebook. Also you then could invite fellow teachers for a periode and remove them easily if they quit their job, get other classes and so on.

4 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m happy to announce that two new capabilities (remove students and co-teachers) have been added to Class Notebooks. This is a direct result of listening to your feedback. You can now remove students from your class. Removed students will not have access to the Notebook but their work will remain. You can now remove co-teachers and they will no longer be able to access the Class Notebook. For more details, please go to https://blogs.office.com/2015/10/05/top-teacher-requested-features-added-to-onenote-class-notebooks/

1 3 Next →
            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base