Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make an interface where I can

Give ability to set permissions on section groups. For example in our staff notebook we want to have a section for Y7 work and a section for Y8 work etc. We would like to be able to collaborate in those areas but we can't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Probability Distritbution Functions

Hi Team,

I'm doing stats at the moment and need to take a lot of notes that include probability distributions. t distribution, normal distribution, f distribution etc.

It would be great if there was a simple image that could be added similar to how you can add a axis for a graph.

Just a blank template so you can add in necessary test stats and critical values. this would be awesome.

Thanks,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 'Copy to all'

In class notebook I should be able to copy sections "to all students" rather than having to click on each student snake 1 by 1. This would save teachers so much time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. customyze ribbon for primary school

Hi everyone,

I am a mother of "dys" school child, and my son and me really love onenote. But there are still missing features that I would like to have for school primary student on ribbon to help us to work with computer at school. A ribbon is existing on MS Word like here : http://cabergo74.fr/?page_id=167 .
    We would like :
    * an text tab : quickly realize the formatting and layout thanks to predefined styles.
    An picture tab:
    Inserts, cropping then complete and easily annotate inserted pictures
    Mathematics tab:
    Makes all the mathematical writings (fractions, roots ...), ask the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for putting up work in progress but not posting it for students until ready for them

sometimes pages are a work in progress other times I want students to do one activity before seeing another

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable ClassNotebook in Office Planner product

Option to create/manage classnotebooks in Office Planner product. Today classnotebook is created in personal sharepoint folder.
    Ability to create office 365 group for teachers and then option to create classnotebook for students in office group folder would be signified improvement.
    Teachers could use planner product functionalities, for students option would be transparent

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I’m sending this message in hopes Microsoft would apply and follow the VendorLink API specs for ProgressBook.

I’m posting this in hopes that Microsoft would apply and follow the VendorLink API specs for ProgressBook.
    The link below is method for integrating via their API.
    http://www.software-answers.com/Solutions/ByProduct/StudentInformation/Pages/VendorLink.aspx
    Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help make this happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create multiple notebooks at once

I wish I could create multiple notebooks at the same time that are for different sections of the same course.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Attach hyperlink content when exporting notebook

When exporting a OneNote Notebook into e.g. a pdf file, hyperlink content to other Notebooks will be lost right now.
    If you could handle, that during exporting the file, a dialog box warns you about loosing hyperlink content and gives you the choice to attach the hyperlinked pages to the end of the document, this would be great. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hola, buenas noches, tengo un semestre usando OneNote con todos mis alumnos, se me hace excelente este complemento de Bloc de notas de clase

Hola, buenas noches, tengo un semestre usando OneNote con todos mis alumnos, se me hace excelente este complemento de Bloc de notas de clase, solamente le encuentro que le hizo falta que le agregaran la opción de distribuir una sección ya existe o un grupo de secciones existentes (no nuevas), para distribuirla de manera individual, al grupo o a varios grupos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. use different accounts to access the classroom online

I think it will be better if students access to their claaess with onenote online, using their facebook number or office , facebook or hotmail account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. quick access

The quick access toolbar should be viewable in fullscreen mode without multiple taps. Just allow the user to set it to always on top.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please allow me to connect specific sections within an LMS course to Different Notebooks.

I have one course shell with multiple sections. I would like the ability to connect OneNote Class Notebooks to the sections within the course. Presently, I can only connect one notebook to the course.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I need one notebook for all four classes; my students collaborate across class throughout the year. The current set up makes this cumbersome

Instead of designing the Class Notebooks to be set up for one class; set them up so the work with multiple classes. Last year, I had four classes, each folder had its own students, so the students could work together in the Collaboration space. Unfortunately, this limits how I can push out material to the student folders. I need a better answer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit - View - Teacher option on sections

Could we have a toggle that would make common sections either Editable by students or View only of Teacher only?

It can be already set via permissions in OneDrive/Sharepoint but a toggle would be much quicker. (I drag marked work to a read only section, and assignments to the teacher only section after using classnotebook review work option to mark them)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. drawing tool

Make a drawing tool for all platforms. In browser would be awesome as well as for iPhones.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Content Library

When teachers create sections for the Class Notebooks, put these sections in the Content Library in addition to the student notebooks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add images or icons into tabs

I would love the ability to add an icon or image into the tabs for younger or struggling readers. When you have a "new" reader or struggling reader seeing an image is easier to find and navigate than text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base