Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Rename a OneNote Class Notebook from the Schoology Add-in

We are using the OneNote Add-in within the Schoology product and are finding that once a OneNote Class Notebook is created our teachers don't have the ability to rename their files after they are created.

It would be great if there were an option to simply rename the OneNote Class Notebook that would just rename the file within OneDrive and then update the link.

This way when teachers accidentally use an incorrect name they don't have to delete everything and start over.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Modify existing OneNote Class Notebook creator to make assessment OneNote for teacher

If it were possible to include a step in the Class Notebook widget that made student access an option, staff could deselect student access and end up with a very useful tool to capture and organize assessment info. Other staff could keep student access and use it to provide feedback on next steps. No need for collaboration space. Content section could be where the teacher stores curriculum guides for reference. Student section group would be made up of content areas teachers collect evidence for - For example, Ontario Kindergarten teachers would set up 4 different sections to organize info collected…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bold and/or underline titles of pages in the list of pages on the RHS of desktop version

At the moment if all the work from a topic is added as pages, but it contains several sections, all you can do to identify the sections is to make some pages a subpage. It would be nice to bold or underline the page titles of new sections in the pages list on the RHS of the desktop version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow one Moodle course to connect to multiple Class Notebooks

I would like to be able to map multiple class notebooks to One Moodle course. I have one English moodle course, but several sections. I can only connect One Notebook to one Moodle course. I need to be able to have the groups in Moodle connected to a specific notebook.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Combine Class Notebook with OfficeMix

It would be nice to have access to Office Mix when in Class Note to manage the mixes and have a way to move to One Note when in Office Mix

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In a class notebook with multiple teachers, I need Student Groups created by one teacher to be accessible to the other teachers.

Currently, if a teacher in a notebook creates student groups to make distribution to specific students faster and easier, only the teacher who created the student group can see and use it. It would be great if other teachers saw the student groups that have been created within the class notebook.

I support my staff in school-wide use of class notebook, and I would love to be able to put in the tedious work of creating specific groups for teachers without having to use their computers to do so.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customizable "Widget" library

I would like to create and for all users to be able to pick from a library of useful items that can be added to OneNote. For instance, this might include AfL activities such as WWW/EBI, Plenary Pyramids, Well done stickers etc. Some of these might be built in to an Assessment toolbar, but also the ability to add custom ones.

Other ideas would be around Yellow Box marking (being able to easily pull a yellow box onto the page that students use to respond to feedback), tools for self/ peer assessment, and so on.

This could be achieved by…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. edit assignment point totals in linked LMS courses

In the menu to add an assignment (I'm using the Canvas LMS), we can add new assignments, change their names, add descriptions, and set due dates. Every assignment I add is out of 100 points, but my homework assignments are normally worth 5. Can I change the default possible score to 5, or would it be possible to just have another place to enter the total number of points possible so we can change that at the same time we do the assignment name, description, and due date?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to edit page backgrounds that repeat like rule lines

It would be great to have the ability to create custom page backgrounds which work like Rule Lines, and cover the entire page, no matter how long/ wide it becomes. For instance, for taking meeting notes whilst inking, to have sections of the page for discussion points and actions.

Obviously at the moment you can create templates by creating a page and then saving as a template, but this doesn't repeat in the background if you make the page longer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Password protecting identical folders

When creating a Class Notebook, it should be a possibility to password protect all the students identical folders (i.e. a folder named "Notes" or "Homework", which they all have). That would give the opportunity for a teacher to perform a written test on OneNote, without the students having the possibility to check their written notes or homework

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I am trying to use classroom and it refuses to accept my login. The error stated that it received a bad request?? any suggesitons?

Make login to classroom a lot easier. Right now it is a nightmare for me and very frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Guest token access for learning support or casual/supply staff

We were talking in the Australian MIE-E about the difficulties in getting access for casual/supply and learning support (aide) staff to OneNotes as they are ad-hoc and often unknown users.

My suggestion would be the ability under the 'manage' tab for a guest link which provides access only to the content library and collaboration space (student private spaces are not viewable). Even better if it had an expiry date like other view links in Sharepoint/ODfB.

This would facilitate scenarios like a teacher being absent just needing to provide the share link (which could be a link or a QR code)…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make One Note economically available. Beat Google Drive

Currently schools are flocking to Google Drive and Google classroom. I personally hate the formatting in Google because I do everything in Microsoft, but my students do absolutely nothing in Microsoft. They cannot even access it because my school went to Google Chrome. We use Google Classroom, and Google Drive. I asked why is that. The reply I received is that Google is cheaper and unlimited storage. Colleagues in neighboring school district are doing the same. Microsoft's marketing department is dropping the ball here.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. have a staff notebook toolbar within the onenote desktop program that mirrors the one for the class notebook

have a staff notebook toolbar within the onenote desktop program that mirrors the one for the class notebook. Also place a 'manage notebooks' button for the staff notebook on the staff notebook app launcher that mirror the one found on the class notebook app launcher.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Abilty to set Always Create pages with Rule lines at Class Notebook level

At the moment, each user can do this is their own OneNote, but I want every student to always have a default page layout when creating new pages, and for it to use that default when I distribute new pages/ sections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio Recording Table of Contents

I would love the ability to create a Table of Contents Page with all of my Audio Recordings from a Notebook on it.

It would be great if this was a "living" document that would sync and add new audio recordings, etc.

I use Class Notebook with my Surface to record ink marks and audio of my lessons. This would be very beneficial.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. OneNote Class Notebook

Hi there.

I have been using OneNote Class Notebook for a while and I am about to train my colleagues.

My problem:In my class notebook, I have Humanities Section and I have created 7-8 pages/subpages for Unit 1.

That would be really handy if I could combine those 10 pages/subpages into 1 folder.

I hope I made my point clear. If you could give me a contact email, I would love to send a screen shot so that would easier for me to explain.

Thank you for your time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. adding students with ; between them is not functional

adding students with ; between them is not functional

Currently having to add them one at a time

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base