Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Enter students by user group.

Enter students by user group. Individualy entering students is not workable and doesnt fit in this automised world.
    Our company uses office 365. In Outlook you can mail a class bu a usergroup wit approx 20-30 students. One note cant find these uder groups.
    It can search individuals by part of the name separated by ; symbol. We dont have these kind of lists. We have xls charts and pdf lists of student groups. But one not cant read all of that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a Section and then Distribute

It would be incredibly helpful if I could create a section completely and then distribute it as one unit instead of sending out the section and then sending each individual page. It would be a time saver.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. wie kann man das Schulungsprogramm ausblenden und endlich nur noch den Kurs sehen?

Ich möchte gerne den Kurs mit meinen Schülerinnen aufrufen und nicht den halben Schirm mit dem Schulungsprogramm belegt wissen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. checkboxes

The ability to organize a list in rows, each row having a checkbox. The rows can be rearranged and reorganized. When a checkbox is ticked off, that row list item moves to the bottom of the list, this way, you can easily keep track of complete and incomplete tasks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. NEW LMS DODDLE DODDLE DODDLE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE link to Doddle LMS
    This is a fantastically powerful tool that incorporates elements of revision, self marking tests and assessment tools that allow you to track progress and links directly into the school registration systems to get specific classes/groups etc.
    Assignments linked via class notebook would be awesome :-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. repair permissions

I have a ClassNotebook where all Students got same permission as the Teacher. There should be a Function to restore to original permissions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. distribute content library to current notebook

I have 7 new students to add in a notebook I use for an online course for teachers. The process of distributing all of the sections in the content library is time consuming ... I would love a button that takes the content library in the current notebook and allows me to choose which students should receive it - and when I click ok, it just copies it all.

What I have right now allows me to copy my content library to other notebooks, or individual pages... but I want to send 7 sections with multiple pages, and right now…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Java Online compiler

Microsoft is investing in tools like:
    https://makecode.com/

But it could be interesting for Mindstorms community to have some kind of online editor that it is possible to download the code in a easy way.

Scenario: The student write a program and from the EV3 Display type a OTP number and suddenly the program run in the brick easily.

Juan Antonio

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Connect to Edmodo Group as role of co-teacher

It found that the classnote can only connect to Edmodo group if the account is the owner of that group. If one is only Co-teacher, he can't connect to the group. Can you modify this feather so that all the co-teacher can work with the assignment of LMS?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. arqui

Bom dia.
    Gostaria muito que tivesse um botão de arquivamento dentro das Seções do OneNote, seria tão útil.
    Mas sugiro que seja um arquivamento organizando, mantendo a estrutura das páginas, pois o concorrente Google Keep arquiva, mas fica tudo jogado numa tela só, isso não é bom.
    Obrigado.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. can you make so we can use lines with two colours in them, like stripes

can you make so we can use lines with two colours in them, like stripes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow teacher to assign a class order number and a display name to each student in a class

For the ease of sorting students, I suggest giving a function for teachers to have a batch input of class order number and display name to students in a class.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Welcome section to be personal for both teachers and students

Make the main (welcome) section of the Class Notebook personal for both the teacher and the student.
    This would both be more logical and more functional - eliminating the need for a separate Teacher's Only section - this would be built in by default and (in the students' notebooks) the need for a separate section group for the student.
    Currently there is a welcome section that is shared by both the teacher and the learner. The teacher can edit this - but it is viewed by the learners. This is logically confusing and unnecessary. I still remember when I created…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. search function in manage notebooks section of class notebook online

Have a search box at the top of the manage notebook page in class notebook to find the notebook you are looking for more easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Limit access to a page under a section, not the whole section.

I need to change students' access to a page, not a section from edit to read only after they have handed in their papers. It's only possible to set a password to a whole section. However, if I do that, the other pages under that particular section would be uneditable. I think that would be a useful change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi. In studentnotes, i (the teacher)would like to be the onye one that colud create new pages.

When i try to correct what they have done, they have often made several pages themself, so as a teacher i often lose controll of what tey have done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CAN I LINK MY ONENOTE TO MY OFFICE 365 CALENDAR

I WANT TO PICK UPMEETING DETAILS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why can students see all of MY tabs in a class notebook, rather than just the ones I created for them

When creating a Class Notebook I assign student tabs, say Handouts and Class Notes. I set up my Collaboration Space and my Content Library, which each student has access to view and/or edit. After every student notebook is created with the appropriate tabs, why do they also have viewing access to my other tabs in the Class Notebook, say my notes that I would distribute to the students? My vision would be that each student's notebook has a total of 4 tabs: Handouts, Class Notes, Content Library, and Collaboration Space; however, they instead see all of my tabs (in Read…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Classroom?

Here's an idea, actually implement some of the great ideas that others have mentioned here. As in, actually do it!

Also, Microsoft Classroom has been in preview for over 12 months now. Again, is it actually going to be released? Our school system is currently assessing the viability of various learning management systems for implementation. We are by no means trail blazing in this area. Once that decision is made, it would be a very hard sell to convince a school to change systems. Either get your act together soon or the vast majority of schools will have already decided…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. log

It would be necessary to see when the students have updated their notebooks. For example: date and time near the Folder name (pupils name).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base