Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. so kids can bring any device, make the audio and video formats mp3 and 4

so kids can bring any device, make the audio and video formats mp3 and 4

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A cool backround

Is there anyway to default an all back background. I've used an image but it's not the best. An all black background looks great on a projector for handwriting or notes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically Update Class Notebook Members when Office 365 Group membership Updates

We have out MIS/SIS teaching groups automatically sync with Exchange/AD/Office 365 Groups. However, when those groups' membership changes, Class Notebooks that use those groups don't automatically update membership.

Currently the user needs to 'know' that a teaching group has been updated to then go to update the Student Membership of the Class Notebook.

I would appreciate Class Notebooks automatically updating it's membership when AD/Exchange/Office 365 group membership updates, or at least sending me an alert prompting me to re-sync the group in my Class Notebook.

:)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New student homework dashboard

When a student completes/changes a pages on the homework tab, it could show a notification on the teachers front page that links to the work.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make draw toolbar floating

Many students and teachers cannot reach the draw toolbar when the onenote is projected on an interactive whiteboard..would be good to be able to dock the toolbar to the side or bottom of the page

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. colour options on page tabs

Some way that teachers can quickly and easily provide clear feedback so that teacher comments appear like movable post-it notes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Type inline with rule lines, when enabled.

The option to have writing paper lines in OneNote is super clever. Except, the whole idea of the surface 3 experience is that you can both wright naturally and type your notes all in one place. When the graph lines are enabled and you decide to type instead of write, it is impossible to correctly stay in the lines. It becomes messy and unnatural.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Differentiation between OneNote Notebooks and Class Notebook Creator notebooks.

Suggesting to have different notebook icons or divided sections to keep better track of which notebooks are OneNote and which are Class Notebook Creator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Highlight student names when in their notebook

Is it possible to highlight student names when you are in their notebook? At the moment, if I am marking Abbie's work, she doesn't name all of her pages and I can't quickly tell if I am in her notebook or John's. Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Collaboration Pages are clunky

I tried to create a collaboration between grade-level classes, allowing juniors to partner with freshman on a paper. The goal was to have freshman post drafts to a group page and allow the juniors to make comments. Google docs allow students to work on the page at the same time--but OneNote did not. There were constant sync/conflict errors and collaboration could not be dedicated to specific groups. It was very cumbersome. There should be a way to put groups together in the collaboration space.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save button before exit a page OneNote

Right now when we open a page in OneNote, we can add whatever content and OneNote saves it automatically. This feature is fantastic fine.

But it would be nice if we also can have an additional option where the system always ask user if he/she want to change the new edited content or not, this feature is similar to Word and Excel.

This process will hinder any accidentally or unwanted changes in OneNote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. View multiple notes at once

I get an assignment in PDF, I want to look at the question from the assignment, and at the notes from class simultaneously as well as be able to write on a new note my solution to the question. It's hard keep switching from one page to another full screen - I lose track of what I was doing. Sometimes I just need to have a few formulas in front of me, and keep on working on my current page. I use the iPad pro, and it has enough space to have at least 2 pages showing at once, if…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature: One Note as centralized Vocabulary-Storage

I usen and love OneNote to collect Ideas, texts etc. - working from different Computers and smart devices. Quite often I stumble over new words, definitions, quotes etc. that I want to learn and memorize. Currently I write them into a dedicated OneNote page, but this is quite cumbersome: sorting is limited, when using an IPad there is allways the danger of accidently deleting other entries and it is diffcult to have a consequtive page that can be printed as a list.

What would be so cool: .... having a OneNote-Template, where you could add Words, Definitions and Topic Areas.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to rotate objects with the pen or finger such as in Adobe Illustrator.

Drawing freehand often means the drawing is way off being upright. Ability to rotate a object such as drawing. text or objects like Adobe Illustrator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Join link or code for class needed.

Join link or code for class needed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Upgrade OneTastic to be part of the OneNote client, allowing me to view all my notes based on date of recording

Granting me an easy overview (calendar) of when I took notes and then allowing me to access my notes from this overview. The argument is that some browse by keywords and others by the date of taking the note.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eliminate the lag

When my students are collaborating in the Collaboration Space or in OneNote, it needs to be automatic/live like in Google Docs... The lag is frustrating and counterproductive!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use insert recording feature in OneNote Online without having to edit in OneNote.

Use insert recording feature in OneNote Online instead of having to launch and edit in desktop version of OneNote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Right Click an inserted file attachment for more options: to Print, Open With, Send To

When a file is inserted as an attachment into OneNote, please add more options to the right click menu to include: Send To, Print, Open With, so that a file inside OneNote e.g. could be opened in another program. I want to be able to have options to open an attached file in another program.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base