Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Assigning permissions to sub-sections in the Collaboration Section

Allow the co-teacher to see all sections to assign permission. That is, sections with no students assigned and to sections that already have some students assigned.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. wallpaper on pages/subpages

Why have you removed wallpaper/template/background for pages in the new versions? I just hate, that I can only change collar. ....this has made onenote 50% less attractive to work with... please make features available again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. printout zoom printout

PDF printouts diappear upon zooming. This issue has been known and noted for a long time, and is arguably the #1 reason students use Drawboard PDF instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Convert voice into words in a different area

Tell me if you like it.
    I'm sleepy and that's why

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Content Library

could you place a checkbox next to each item in the content library so a teacher can load items into the content library, then check the box for the items you want the students to see... i know you "could" kind of do this with a teacher only space, but doing it all in a content library would be easier!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create grade assignments on Mac OSX

Please make it possible to create assignments (with grading and feedback options) on OSX (equal to the windows version:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-an-assignment-in-LMS-and-your-Class-Notebook-adee28bf-5f62-4fc1-9ea8-908ac0e95899)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. special needs education private consultant

I am a pedagogist and work with some special needs students and I bought 5 licences 365 Office just for using class Notebook. But I can't use it because I'm not a school or institute

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when adding students to have a way to also add a message to the invite

Once you add students to your class notebook, it immediate sends an email invite, it would be great to also be able to add a message in that invite with a welcome or directions to the students

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow students to make teacher notebooks.

The notebooks that students create should have most of the features that a teacher notebook does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Class Notebook add-in shouldn't allow pupils to create class notebooks

Currently, if a pupil is using OneNote on a machine that has the Class Notebook add-in installed then they can create new notebooks. Pupils should not have the permission to do this. My suggestion is that if pupils click on any notebook management link in the add-in then they are taken to a page that says that they do not have permission to use that feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. staging pages

I am creating a course on-line and I want to create content in advance and be able to stage it so only teaching staff can see it.
    After a class I want this visible to students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote and Urkund compatability

It would be really helpful if the files submitted via the OneNote Moodle plugin for assignments were integrated with Urkund plagiarism service as most file types are supported but not OneNote currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Only touchpen touches.

Make it possible when someone use a touchpen, do not sense the handtouch, but the touchpen only. Plesase.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mangage notebook link should go straight to notebook it was clicked from to save scrolling through a long list

The link for Manage Notebooks in the class notebook add-in should take you straight to the section for the notebook that you click it from. This would save having to scroll through maybe 30 to 40 notebooks to look for it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wiki-like edit, submission, review process

With the new link page/paragraph feature I'm able to turn my class notebook into the perfect wiki... almost.

I'd like to totally open up my notebooks for editing by my students, but I don't want the edits to take effect immediately. I'd like the edits to go through a review process first. That way if they delete or do anything inappropriate I can prevent that. I'd also be able to make minor edits before finalizing a submission. It would work like this:

1. A student goes to a page and makes an edit or adds their own page/section

2. I get a…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. highlight drawing tools

highlighting with drawing tool over a picture, moves when something else is inserted above. works better if it could be merge with the image, like word or power point.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneNote should be available for private tutors who is not linked to a school.

OneNote should make the collaboration space available to private tutors who is not linked to a school.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Program checklist to move checked boxes to completed section. Calendar (homework calendar), preferably one that can sync changes made in a

Program checklist to move checked boxes to completed section.
    Calendar (homework calendar), preferably one that can sync changes made in a single location.
    Ability to push out a section (with or without pages) to multiple notebooks (both content library and student section)
    Ability to push out page(s) to multiple notebooks
    Ability to select multiple notebooks (control) when using move/copy
    Ability to delete Sections from Manage Notebooks
    When new student section is created it automatically populates an Untitled Page as the first page. Teachers have to have students go in and delete the untitled page so the content they pushed out…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add work count to onenote

add an optional work count

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base