Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Colloaboation Space and the Draw Ribbon

I love the collaboration space and the work/discussion it promotes. I also like that as a teacher I can see who makes each post. However, what I have found is if a student uses the draw tools to ink in the collaboration space, no initials come up next to that entry to see who made it. Is there a way to have student initials next to any type of entry they make in the collaboration space?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Parent notebook

There should be a Parent notebook area attached to each student notebook where they can see their child's notebook as is, but have additional pages for teacher/parent communication. Also, if the student has multiple class notebooks within one school (one from each subject teacher for example) then the parent notebook should combine all sections from all teachers into one notebook.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Collaboration Space Sections

A feature would be useful to prevent deleting whole sections from the collaboration by unwitting or nefarious students. Even sections that are password protected can be deleted by any user. It would be nice if the teacher and only the student that created the section could delete a section or page to prevent unfortunate mishaps.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding class notebook to sites

There needs to be an easy way to add the class notebook to a class site. I know there is a link in the home page links but there is no easy way to make it link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rename a OneNote Class Notebook from the Schoology Add-in

We are using the OneNote Add-in within the Schoology product and are finding that once a OneNote Class Notebook is created our teachers don't have the ability to rename their files after they are created.

It would be great if there were an option to simply rename the OneNote Class Notebook that would just rename the file within OneDrive and then update the link.

This way when teachers accidentally use an incorrect name they don't have to delete everything and start over.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OneNote Class Notebook

I am getting ready for next year and would love to recycle my class notebook for a subject I have built resources and lessons for this year.

Can we have the ability to export the Content of an existing Class Notebook and import it into a new Class Notebook?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. embed any website

It would be great to embed any website and see its live content. If OneNote allows the use of iframe, it would solve many problems.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. import students in csv

as our system is not connected to the school database, there should be an alternative way of importing students in BULK.
    also we should be able to send invitation email automatically which includes link and instructions on how to join.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. OneNote sends automatic alerts o teachers in my staff notebook whenever I update something

I would like OneNote to send the teachers in my staff notebook ALERTS whenever I add something to a section in the notebook.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create an index

Add an option to create an Index, section which contain an index of all the sections in the notebook

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Video/Audio/Emoji/Comments Overlay

We have students across our large district submitting video for individual educator assistance and for authentic embedded assessment. We would love to see the opportunity to overlay video, audio comments or emoji over the top of the submitted video for feedback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't allow students to delete teacher created sections or pages.

Students shouldn't be allowed to remove or rename tabs and pages that are distributed by the teacher.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Format Picture and Textbox Background

I want to have the ability to edit pictures in OneNote just like I can in Word. Also the same way I can set a picture as a background, I'd like to set a textbox as a background so it can't be moved or edited.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. music notation

In the view tab add staves as a paper type along with ruled and grid papers.

On the Draw feature - convert drawn notation to printed notation.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Modify existing OneNote Class Notebook creator to make assessment OneNote for teacher

If it were possible to include a step in the Class Notebook widget that made student access an option, staff could deselect student access and end up with a very useful tool to capture and organize assessment info. Other staff could keep student access and use it to provide feedback on next steps. No need for collaboration space. Content section could be where the teacher stores curriculum guides for reference. Student section group would be made up of content areas teachers collect evidence for - For example, Ontario Kindergarten teachers would set up 4 different sections to organize info collected…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bold and/or underline titles of pages in the list of pages on the RHS of desktop version

At the moment if all the work from a topic is added as pages, but it contains several sections, all you can do to identify the sections is to make some pages a subpage. It would be nice to bold or underline the page titles of new sections in the pages list on the RHS of the desktop version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow one Moodle course to connect to multiple Class Notebooks

I would like to be able to map multiple class notebooks to One Moodle course. I have one English moodle course, but several sections. I can only connect One Notebook to one Moodle course. I need to be able to have the groups in Moodle connected to a specific notebook.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Combine Class Notebook with OfficeMix

It would be nice to have access to Office Mix when in Class Note to manage the mixes and have a way to move to One Note when in Office Mix

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base