Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Maths Inking in OneNote 2016

Please can we have the Maths Inking features that are now in the native windows app in the OneNote 2016 version.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Formatting on PDF pages shift from iPad to Computer

Problem: A major bug with OneNote and the formatting of a student's answers not hold it's position from their iPad to my Computer. Ex: if they circle "A" for the correct answer, the circle moves to the other side of the page when I look at that students work on my computer.

Summary: The following is a bug report I sent to the Office Help people about this issue. Their response was to post my bug problem here, and maybe, if it get's enough votes, the issue will eventually be looked at by someone who might fix it. Maybe...

Attitude:…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. anonymous

I would love it if there were a mode where students (or teachers) could type into a page anonymously without their initials appearing.

We would like to use a page to create a feedback survey but know that the fact that initials identify the author will cause the feedback to sometimes be 'edited' or lack the openness we are looking for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename the Content Library

Rename the Content Library without loosing the rights and the possibility to distribute via class Notebooks.

Even if I rename the Content Library back to the original Name it doesn't work with OneNote-Class Notebooks Distribution. Has anyone a solution?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be able to add students names on mass to work to allow it be identified when printed/exported

Be able to add students names on mass to work to allow it be identified when printed/exported

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Students Groups from Multiple Class Notebooks

Can something be added to the Class Notebook Add In so that teachers can put students from multiple classes into the same group? For some lessons, I have groups doing different assignments, but I have the same groups in all of my classes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. standard feedback

What if teachers could predefine standard feedback?

It would make giving feedback much easier and efficient if it was possible to predefine feedback. This feedback could then be inserted just like the tags in the other OneNote pages.
    In my opinion it is not that difficult to design because the tag option is already well evolved.
    The tags should gave a link to a page which contain the explanation or work in a popup.
    The fast and easy marking of a paper or other task using digital inking (on a surface) would then be raised to a next level.
    In…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set colours of newly created tab so a topic is the same for each student

When distributing a new section for students have the option to choose what colour it will be for all students.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Language change shortcut

I am from Denmark, so my language default is Danish. However, all the material used at my university is in English. So every time I copy paste something from a power point presentation during a lecture (and that can be up 100 times a day) I have to mark it all and go into Function - change language.
    It would make my life a whole lot easier if there was a keyboard shortcut or an icon on the frontpage.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A much richer LMS integration with the likes of Google Classroom

I am really enjoying that I can create an assignment in OneNote Classbook and send it to my students via Google Classroom. This is great because it creates an entry on the Google Classroom calendar and parents can see this.

What I don't like are the following:
    The Google Classroom assignment does not send the students anything. A link to their work would be a minimum.
    When i grade a students work, I cannot get Google Classroom to show that the work has been completed. The students are also not able to indicate via OneNote that the have submitted their…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Combine Export and Send file pages

In OneNote 2013, this used to be under Export - with Word as a choice in OneNote 2013. In OneNote 2016 it was moved to Send. This will be a nightmare to support in our Education environment when we move to OneNote 2016. How about just combining the Export and pages with export at the top and Send at the bottom - just to keep us from trying to figure out where everything moved to. I am sure there is some technical reason why the option to get a page to Word moved but please think of your users. You…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. join onenote class via code, instead of very tedious data entry by teacher

join onenote class via code, instead of very tedious data entry by teacher

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. an email generated when students receive something in their notebook so they know to check it!

I would like for there to be a way that an email notification appears for the student whenever something is added to their notebook. (almost like an alarm you set on your phone when you need to remember something). This way, students can see feedback almost as soon as it is put in, allowing for more growth opportunities.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A way to sync notebook over LAN

Since Teacher and students notebook syc through Cloud via internet, it doesn't work properly. There could be a way when student and teacher could sync right on LAN when in classroom than via internet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. classroom Onenote

I'd love it if we could use existing lesson pages that we have already distributed and use these as assignments without the need to redistribute them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Inking should be supported in the Moodle-OneNote Integration.

If students are submitting work that includes inking, then this should be visible in the submission file that gets turned in to Moodle.

At the moment, any attempts that my tech coordinator and I have played with submit the work minus any inking completed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Zoom on the Note Pad.

Increase the extent to which you can zoom. I use input out put diagrams to work and i like to be able to zoom out more so i can have a more holistic view of my work. Thanks !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Development Team, OneNote is catching on...Attached is an email I received from a young friend of mine who attends IU South Bend.

Hey Larry,

I thought I would share a cool little story I was apart of at IUSB. Two years ago the school pilot tested a "new" class called Introduction to information literacy. I was apart of the 500 person pilot test. Of that 500 they select 25 students that performed the best in the class which was based off grades, willingness to help others, and any noted insights the student offered the class or professor. The class is designed to help incoming freshmen get exposed to the numerous data bases IUSB offers as well as incorporating study methods and improving…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transferring Sections

It would be really valuable as a classroom teacher to be able to easily send out a populated section to each student in the class similarly as can be done with a page.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base