Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add students with emails from whatever domain to a Class Notebook

My institution uses Microsoft365/Office365 for faculty & staff. Student emails are on a different domain than faculty and staff. I can create Class Notebooks but the students can't access the content, even when they register their valid student emails at Office365 Education (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office) for free.

I would expect different domains is a common issue at many institutions. In this time of pandemic where instructors are looking for effective ways to work with students remotely, it would be great if this issue was fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off "Snap to Grip" on OneNote for Windows 10

Can you add a feature where you can turn off "Snap to Grid" on OneNote for Windows 10...Please? When you're trying to move shapes or placing your cursor in a specific spot...YOU CAN'T! It will always jump to the invisible grid in the background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Design consistency

Please make every platform for Class Notebook Eg. teams, web based, apps all consistent in what tools are offered. I’m sick of switching platforms and getting corrupted pages because I can’t do basic things Eg emojis, inserting symbols etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Record

Voice and screen recording similar to Notability:
    Record while writing, and during playback, it replays what you were writing or doing on the screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. distributing a single page from one Team Class Notebook Content Library to another Team Class Notebook Content Library

For a secondary teacher that has multiple Teams created, it would be very valuable to have the ability to Distribute ONE PAGE from within one Team's Content Library over to my other 7 Team Content Libraries all at once (Without have it RESENT/COPY the entire Content Library.)

I only want to distribute ONE PAGE at a time to other Teams in any area/section I'd like by being able to select from a list of my Teams and their various sections to paste it in.

Right now, the only thing I can do is highlight, copy and paste page content onto…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. be able to see the time and date student last modified something on iPad

be able to see the time and date student last modified something on iPad. I can see the last modified date and time on the desktop version of OneNote, but can’t do it on iPad or the OneNote online app. Please help!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bulk Removal of Students

I like the ability to remove students from a Class Notebook. One little addition would make it much quicker - a Select All button at the top, to save clicking every student individually.

Another Select All button to select all for removing their content would be even better.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Distribute Pages Quicker

One of the least classroom friendly issues in my experience with OneNote is how long it takes for pages to distribute. I can post something to Google classroom within seconds, but uploading a new page into my notebook and then distributing it to students takes upwards of 10 minutes sometimes... (big PDFs may take all day I've found, even with our school's gigabit internet connection) And then it doesn't really even show up once the distributing has "finished" - it is only visible on the web app for another who-knows-how-many minutes.

Teachers really need a "real-time" distribution system within OneNote.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. create sections in existing sections

Being able to add sections into existing sections. As it is now I have to make new sections with subgroups and start over but our classes already has sections for each subject. We want to add sections into these sections to create subgroups like f.ex. English (section) - then being able to add a subsection called Food f.ex. etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to make small lowered/raised ketters

You know in mat when you have like to the power of 3 with has a little raised 3 or in chemistry in h2o you have a small 2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. subpages stay as subpages when i distrubute to studens

When i distribute pages in the OneNote app the subpages aren't subpages anymore when the students get them. I would like the same functionality for that as in ON2016. Now they are mixed up and in different order for every student.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make subpages collapsable and capable of being moved with the subpages under them

I just discovered that pages are not only collapsible, but can be moved and deleted with all of the subpages under them. I would suggest having the same feature for the subpages under them. They should be collapsible and capable of being moved with the sub-subpages under them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete a student

When a student is deleted from a team offer the option to delete them from the class notebook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spell Check in Feedback on TEAMS!!!!

My students complete their work via an assigned task on Teams.....all great so far!
    Then I give 'feedback'...but I have to spell check it myself.
    I CAN spell...I'm a teacher....but I'm not an accurate typist.....hence...I make typing errors...which then takes me AGES to go back and find and correct. I am already at my desk for 12 hours per day teaching my classes online......not having a Spell Check in the feedback box is really puzzling to me!!!
    Please help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. print the class notebook

It would be helpful to be able to print the class note book

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mapping class notebooks to teams

Currently, after connecting a class notebook to teams on onenote for windows 10, it will not allow you to map the classes and the students but give an error instead. Enabling this would be ideal to set assignments directly from onenote and hence be able to review work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. color

그리기에서 주어진 색상 내에서만 선택이 가능한 게 아니라 색상 스펙트럼에서 원하는 색상을 선택할 수 있도록 해주세요. 그리고 펜 크기도 내가 원하는 구체적인 사이즈를 설정할 수 있게 해주세요.

not unique to colors in given palette, please provide a color spectrum to select color i want for drawing. plus, i'd like to set a pen size as i want. five pen sizes are too lfew to work in deatail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. please provide various color of section . i want to select pink one

please provide various color of section .
    i want to select pink one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base