Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Create a class notebook based on a template

I would like to be able to create one notebook that can be used as a template and duplicated - including student sections and pages. This would allow all my classes to have the same set-up in their notebooks without having to manually organise them.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to see the time a student last edited something

If you want to see if a student completed something by a particular time, it would be helpful to have some way to see the TIME & DATE when the last edits were made to a page

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Undo section distribution

Sometimes we make mistakes! It would be amazing if we could undo section distribution like we can page distribution.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add rotation for uploaded images

When students upload images they are not always straight, so it would be great to be able to rotate them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make shape fill possible!

Please make it possible to fill shapes created in Class notebook and OneNote!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shortcuts

We should have some keyboard shortcuts so we could change between pens and erasers without taking so long time. Usually the drawing softwares have it and it's the only stuff i'd rather use theses softwares than one note

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow students to type in their work on charts, etc, instead of just using draw feature

The draw feature is hard for students to use. It would be easier for them to be able to type in their responses on charts etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Distributing pages and sub pages, should be distributed as pages and sub pages. They are currently all distributed as pages. Also, with new

Distributing pages and sub pages, should be distributed as pages and sub pages.

They are currently all distributed as pages. Also, with new Teams integration there are times the pages distribute out of order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Distribute pages to students individually from one class notebook to another

It would be great if it was possible to distribute pages to students (individually og groups) from one class notebook to another. We often work in different notebooks, and that would save us some time if we were able to distribute directly to students (individually) in another notebook.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cross Distribute pages across Staff notebook and class notebooks

Cross distribute pages across staff notebooks and class notebooks so that staff are able to collaborate on work together within staff notebook and distribute this work to students to their class notebook.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Options to delete the Sections in Class Notebook

Can it be possible to add or remove permanently Sections in Class Notebook? If not please work on it! I am having trouble of deleting extra Sections that I have created rom beginning...it confuses the students ( the amount of Sections) and now I have to go to each student Notebook to be able to delete these extra Sections that I have created....and I have 12 classes of 25 students in each!!! Please make my life easier!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. edit documents in classnote book

Make it so that students can edit documents within their section in class notebook. At the moment it seems that learners have to download, edit and save back to class notebook, unless I'm missing something. This just creates an additional barrier for them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Onenote - Give permission to groups of students to access collaboration section

I can add individual students to a collaboration section but I have created student groups. Is it possible to add students by the group names rather than individually to a collaboration section?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/give-student-groups-separate-permissions-in-the-collaboration-space-a87b4fd0-72e2-486f-a978-cdbb78822b30

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Retract Page

There needs to a be an option to retract pages as well as distribute pages. If one mistake is made when distributing a page, there is no other way to fix it than to go into each and every folder and change it manually. If we could edit all or retract all and start over, it would save a lot of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. locking student created pages

The ability to lock student pages that they create in the class notebook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto-generated Flash Cards from Notes

While a student takes notes, they color-code the "term" one color and the "definition" another color. When the student selects "Generate Flash Cards", the application automatically generates a flash card deck from those designated notes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dark Mode pen flipping needs to not flip when writing on a printout

I use light mode but some of my students prefer dark mode. OneNote is good at flipping pen colour black for white etc. to mean I can still see what a dark mode user is writing on a "normal" notebook page.

But a lot of the time I am inserting worksheets (originally word docs) as printouts. These are black on white, and remain as black on white whether you are in dark mode or light mode.

Problem is, a student in dark mode selects "black" pen to write on the white printout. I'm in light mode, so "black" gets flipped…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. teacher only feature should allow teachers to lock their section using a password it will make it more safe for teachers to plan tests.

teacher only feature should allow teachers to lock their section using a password it will make it more safe for teachers to plan tests and quizzes in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base