Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Distributions to Inidividual Pupils

Hi guys,

can we add the feature on the old app to distribute just to individual pupils please?

thanks,
    Tom

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option to Hide a page in the content library.

When you copy a library from one year to an other it might include answers to problems. It would be really helpful to be able to hide (and then reveal) pages in the content library.

It would be a lot of faff to delete the pages and then add them again later or move them into a teacher only section.

My current work around is to cover the content over with a large blue table (I tried using a box that I pasted in from powerpoint but although this shows in the application, it does not show in the online…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inconsistent bullet format in desktop and app version

I use the Onenote 2016 for long time and it was great. I could copy the contents directly from word and paste them in pages and the bullet formats (e.g. check boxes) looks the same in onenote 2016.
    However, when I view the same page on app version, all the check boxes are turned into simple dots bullet points and the position of the whole page shifts - all my ink marks in check boxes shift too and this is super annoying.
    My students use app version as they are used to it for the maths class. I could't just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Distribute read only pages in ClassNotebook

I want to distribute my evalutations of the students in Class Notebook, that I later can update during the school year so my students always can see how they perform in the curriculum. I've thought of doing a template that I can distribute to the students notebooks and then update them accordingly. However, it is (of course) essential that these pages is read only for the students. Please make it possible to "lock down" distributed pages.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Distrubtion to collaboration space sections would be helpful running classes. Pasting pages to individual sections is bothersome.

Distrubtion to collaboration space sections would be helpful running classes. Pasting pages to individual sections is bothersome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Merge cells and more table functions

I would like to use this as my teacher planner. Annoyed that I cannot merge cells and distribute column equally as you easily would in Word.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Working with EQ to allow direct access to Immersive Reader for EQ staff.

Immersive Reader is such a great tool. It would be great if EQ staff could have direct access without having to go through officeonline etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop the user / staff / team member section groups respawning!

The notebook is automatically updated with a section group for every member of the group who has access. This is a 30 person team and we do not need these sections, but when I delete them they just come back.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It is very difficult to mark and give feedback on student work. Notify students when work is posted

Notify students when work is posted into the classroom for them to complete. Also, marking student work is difficult and time consuming. Perhaps add he comment tool as in Word doc or something more like google docs or google classroom would be great. At present, to give feedback, you need to copy and paste to a word doc, add comments, save and then send back to students. I don't want to write over student work., or have to notify them by mail every time a task is posted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OneNote UWP automatically distribute existing sections and pages to new students.

We teachers need OneNote UWP to distribute existing sections and pages automatically to new students we add to our classes. Currently, we have to add each section and page, one at a time, to each new student. We need the app to recognize that new students will enroll during the year, and make the process more seamless.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a chemical equation editor in OneNote

Writing chemical equations with all the subscripts and equation arrows is difficult, but an editor or adding into the math equation editor would help.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. feedback - 2 way private conversation / keep a log

OneNote and Classnote (and teams) are all missing the ability for staff to provide a log of feedback or a private conversation to the student. Feedback from both student and teacher needs a real investment. Comments on documents is ok but students (and staff) are able to delete comments.

A log would be great to be kept and possibly to be hidden.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Quick access tool bar needed in the App

In 2016, you can customize the quick access tool bar, just like you can in Word, etc. This allows easy access to the most utilized tools. This is a must for the App version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Escape equations with hotkey

Finish an equation and stay on the same line with a keystroke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. default font

I would like to be able to change my default font. Especially because size 11 is too small to show on the board for a class. Even at least changing the default size would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Student collaborative groups

In most of the modules I teach, students are required to complete group work activities, where the class is divided into smaller groups and students in each group should work together using collaboration space etc.
    At present, I do this by creating a class notebook for each group. This is, however, cumbersome, resulting in many notebooks and creates problems when materials need to be provided to the whole class. Would it be possible to create groups within a single class notebook, each with a collaboration space attached, so that the process is unified and streamlined?
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Linked Inking and Audio: Version Consistency

I love the ability to ink and record your voice simultaneously and have them link together, which is present in the Win 10 and 2016 versions. However, when students try to view the feedback given on the browser version, the inking is often displaced and you are forced to download the audio file instead of streaming it from the OneNote page (as you would do in Win 10). It would be great if this was more consistent across all versions, including iOS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow students to subscribe to a OneNote Notbook so that anything that is updated will be sent to them via an email.

Students need to be notified if a teacher adds in directions, assignments nor class notes. Allowing the student to subscribe to changes in a OneNote Notebook helps to make this already amazing tool even better. Students could get updates via text, or even email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock for text

Good day! Please make it possible to block text in OneNote to edit it, rather than the entire sheet.
    If this function is, then tell me how?
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. smart calendar

Add a smart calendar to the desktop and mobile app

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base