Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. remove students from class notebook

Removing students from our class notebook should be available to teachers

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I miss a pair of compasses to construct circular arcs.

I would like to do geometric constructions with my students. For this I need a pair of compasses with which I can construct circular arcs. The circles under figures is not useful for this, because the center is missing.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ALLOW EDITING IN TEACHER SECTION DISTRIBUTED PAGES AND IT WILL REFLECT IN THE DISTRIBUTED PAGES AUTOMATICALLY

ALLOW EDITING IN TEACHER SECTION DISTRIBUTED PAGES AND IT WILL REFLECT IN THE DISTRIBUTED PAGES AUTOMATICALLY

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When Showing Authors, a Time Stamp would be nice to see when they made the addition/edit/omission

When Showing Authors, a Time Stamp would be nice to see when they made the addition/edit/omission

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Being able to PULL an already distributed page from student notebooks.

I would love to be able to remove already distributed pages once they have been distributed. Sometimes I make a mistake that I don't realize until it is too late...or maybe have the function of stopping the distribution while it is still live?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be able to copy Word content to OneNote without so many unsupported features

I wanted to migrate my paper worksheets made with Word to OneNote. But when I copy the content, formulas are not supported and tables and pictures are not shown properly as well. I could add my Word document as a printout, but then I cannot edit it anymore. I could share the Word document instead with my students but OneNote would be far better for writing with a pencil and annotating and for class notebook integration.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Templates

The biggest feature missing from OneNote (Web, Windows 10 and iPad) is the ability to setup user defined templates, eg:
    Lesson plan
    Observation
    Meeting agenda/minutes

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give teachers the ability, when creating common sections, to choose section color and section order and lock it.

Teachers need the ability to color sections and order sections and lock it so it doens’t change in the students notebooks. This would allow easier navigation of notebooks for younger students- K-5.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Student View when setting up classroom

I am new to the Microsoft Teams, and would love to see how my classroom would look from a student's perspective.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Colour code names

It would be great if we could colour code the students name or the tab next to their name.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Editing a page after being distributed by the teacher.

If the teacher already distributed a page through OneNote to the students and then wants to edit this page, he/she must go into each student's section and make the edits. It would be helpful if we can edit them all at one time.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A4 sized pages, but that can scroll infinitely

I am a university student and love a lot of features OneNote has to offer. Unfortunately, I can’t use OneNote as my primary note taking app as the page size is not compatible with printing. I know I can limit page size to a4 but then I only have a single page. It would be fantastic if there was an option to have a4 sized margins and a marker to notify when you have reached a new page, so that I won’t have to create a new section each time I need a new a4 sized page. The neverending canvas…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FACEBOOK LIVE

HOW CAN I BE LIVE ON SESSION WITH NO FLITERS IN REAL LIFE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Order students in class notebook by surname

Is there any way we can list students alphabetised by surname in notebook - as they are in assignments?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Delete Section in Staff Notebook

Would be great to be able to delete a staff section from the Staff notebook. I can add and edit but no delete.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock a file onto a notebook page

Locking a picture or file onto a page in a student Notebook so that the students can't delete it. Creating a worksheet in teams that the students can not edit or change. Then they can type or write over the top of the picture without being able to delete it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Place new pages automatically above older pages

It would have been great if new pages added and distributed were automatically placed above older pages. This would have easier to navigate with!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base