Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let the possibility to easily set standard layout such as A4/A3/A5... as default for every notebook / section / page

It should be a very quick and easy feature to add, and very necessary as well. Every notebook should have the possibility to set a default layout for its pages, in order to make it compatible with all the existing standard printing formats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Comment on student work.

Being able to review student work is great but it is really clumsy and time consuming to comment on student work/ make specific comments. It needs to function in much the same way as a word document. As a result, I am still using Google classroom for student assignment work due to the superior functionality of the Google Classroom product.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. delete distributed pages

Being able to delete distributed pages in the student notebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pages common to 2 or more notebooks

To be able to create section groups, sections and pages that are shared between more than one notebook. (You can choose where is it located in all notebooks.) Changes to this area would sync to all notebooks it is located in. This would be particularly useful as a way of sharing parts of notebooks that others don't have permissions to enter, such as sharing part of a 'Finance' notebook with an 'Events' notebook or sharing part of a personal notebook into a shared notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to @mention a team member to something that has changed in their notebook

As a Leader I make changes to their staff notebooks, for instance, we audit our instructors every mod (4 weeks) and I post their audit score/results in their notebook in the Instructor Audit section. I would like to be able to quickly send them a notification that I have added something to their notebook. You can use @mention in word and Excell to accomplish this it would be great if OneNote had something like this a well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Seite verteilen an einzelne Schüler

Ich möchte eine Seite nicht nur an die ganze Klasse verteilen, sondern auch auswählen können an welche Schüler. So dass ich eine Seite zum Beispiel nur dem Schüler A, D und O verteilen kann. Das trägt zur Individualisierung bei, die heute sehr wichtig ist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. graph listed points

Allow a list of 2d graph points to be graphed. A list like below would be graphed rather than having an equation being the only thing graph-able.

x|y
    0|-8
    -4|0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. lock all collaboration sections at once

At our school we have writen test where they can use the internet, so we have to lock all collaboration sections, thats a big job when you have many classnotebooks. So it would be nice if there was a button that lock every collaboration section in all notesbooks at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. set notification via e-mail when student update a specific page or section

It would be good to set notification via e-mail to the listed email(s) when student/stuff member update a specific page or section - not in the whole notebook. It is good for a long time projects.
    And the 2nd part - send e-mail to the student/stuff member when teacher/manager change this page or section (when the content is commented or corrected).
    Thank You

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. botão para criar gráficos e botão para adicionar formato de folha

É importante ter um botão para inserir um gráfico a partir de uma fórmula. O segundo botão seria para inserir várias folhas como a quadriculada e a folha de mapas mentais. No momento o OneNote só tem duas opções.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide/lock sections

When I plan lessons in the content library I don't want students to be able to look at questions ahead of the lesson. Is there a way to hide or lock sections until the lesson so students can only see content once I've taught it?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add Gyazo as a 3rd party that embeds into a OneNote page

Gyazo can quickly create gifs and save them online. This would allow for viewable gifs within seconds inside of OneNote. Oh, the possibilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please bring back Infinite Campus add in

Please bring back the Infinite Campus add in! This was available in OneNote 2016 but not anymore. Why not? This saved teachers so much time when using OneNote class notebooks for entering grades into the Infinite Campus software. Please bring this back! School districts will stop using OneNote to find other applications that make it easier to enter grades. Hopefully this add in returns soon!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Parent links are great but can we get more options regarding this?

Currently parent links work for external users to access without needing to sign in, this worked great for use with classroom support and teaching assistants.

If they were supporting just one student, I could send them a link and they can see all the learner work for that specific learner. It would be nice however to give them teacher rights to just that one learner, rather than the whole class notebook.

I also feel it would be beneficial to allow parent links to have the same option as any other OneNote links (anyone, people in your organisation, people with existing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Page Layout

Please insert the function to set a Layout like DIN a4
    I

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create a similar experience to Jupyter Notebooks

Create cells/blocks or areas which you can shade and keep sections of text together in such a way they have an execution context.

For example, I can write sample Python code, execute and see the results underneath -or inside the section similar to Jupyter notebooks

Support different languages: C#, VB, VBA, JavaScript, R, Python, etc. It's for coding, exploration and learning.

Provide an export feature that can export to a VS.Net project, or open in VS Code or something.

Basically tie in the notebooks.azure.com into OneNote some kind of way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Live attachments

Live attachments are great, except when it comes to distributing via Class Notebook. The file is automatically shared with editing rights, could it not be possible that when a page is shared to students that there is an option to share the live file as read only or duplicate the file so that each student has there own copy?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. search text in images

Search for text in images within onenote. Seems obvious but I can't find in existing suggestions. You can do it in evernote so I know it's doable. In fact, one note will automatically convert to text in position in a photo you take, and square up the perspective (if you want, or can keep as photo). I would really like one note to do these 2 things. thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base