Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Student passwords in class notebook

Allow teachers to remove student passwords in class notebook or prevent students from adding these to their work in OneNote in the first place.

With students being able to set passwords and lock teachers out, teachers can't check in on student work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Temporarily hiding students' pages while correcting assignments.

As a teacher I really appreciate the option of locking the students' pages (under the Review students work in Class Notebook). However, I miss the option of hiding the pages while e.g. correcting the students' assignments.
    This will ensable me to ensure a homogenous practise.

I hope you will consider this improvement.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. smooth ink replay

Currently, when you replay the ink strokes, the individual strokes appear as a whole. For the creation of screencasts, it would be nice, if the individual strokes would be built piecemeal from sub-segments, so that the impression of a realistic writing would arise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cross Notebook Distribution to Content library and Teacher only!

I would LOVE to be able to distribute content library documents to all my notebooks of the same course section without having to use Move/Copy, which takes much longer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sort by last name

We DESPERATELY need to be able to sort students in OneNote Class notebook by LAST name. It's such a pain to only be able to do it by first name when our online gradebooks work by last name. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. improved performance when editing

need to have page updates distributed instantly. Case where a teacher is working with pupils and want to review work they are doing on a Class One not page. Currently can take 30 seconds for the teacher to see an update. Also when working in the collaboration section same poor performance seems to be a feature. happy to provide more details

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create Hidden Section for ONLY Teachers to see.

This could be useful for teachers sharing notebooks, or even if a teacher has to take a leave of absence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Activate & Link Your Roku Device Now

Activate the Pandora on your Roku as it comes under one of the channels that you need to watch for sure. Want to know the process, it is simple don’t worry! Navigate to the channel store and search for Pandora. Once you click on the add channel, you will find the code on the screen of your TV. Make a note of the code and navigate to the Pandora.com/activate. On the empty space that you find there, you will have to enter the code that you made a note of. Once you click on submit, you are free to start…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the comment feature in Word to Classroom OneNote for Teacher Feedback

Can we please have a comment system in Classroom OneNote the same as the comment system in Word. This highlights a piece of text and locks the comment to the text so that if things are moved on the page the comment follows the text.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a centralized link for students to access a distributed page/section

You post a link to an assignment on your Welcome page. Students click on it and it takes them to a distributed page/section in their part of the notebook. Groups could come in and click a link and go straight to work on their individual or collaboration page. THINK OF THE TIME SAVED! If you're going to have a "Welcome" landing page, why not have links to get them started?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Teacher only sections to be copied from one class notebook to another

I spent weeks creating content in my personal notebook over the summer. I had to re-create it twice as I am teaching two sections of the same class. I will teach it three more times this year. I will waste a lot of my precious time recreating work that has already been created. Please allow me to copy the teacher only section from one class notebook to another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. it would be great to have a feature which shows usage data. For example how many times they visited a certain section, page or link.

it would be great to have a feature which shows usage data and stats. For example how many times they visited a certain section, page or link.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Record screen action along with audio

I would like to record the screen as I add notes and point to text as the audio records my comments.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. reordering the students in your Class OneNote

I've merged two classes into one Class notebook and the students are alphabetically ordered. I'd like to be able to re-order the students in the list I see so that one class lists above or below the other, or in fact, any order I choose. Is this possible?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Paint-like functionality

Coming from a student, OneNote is a fantastic tool that has helped me greatly reduce my paper usage.

However, if drawing was more fleshed out, especially for my surface pen, the program would be perfect. A color fill tool (paint bucket) like in Microsoft paint would make flowcharts and illustrations much easier to create. Also, the ability to pick a color from an image for a pen color would be amazing as well.

Thank you for listening!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I need the ability to organize studnets into section groups

Currently there is no way to organize the student section groups. The student section groups appear in alphabetical order. It would help if we had the option to Group students.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Activate PBS Kids on Roku

The PBS KIDS Roku channel provides a mix of videos and full-length episodes of 29 children's PBS programs. Many series, such as Clifford the Big Red Dog, offer only sets of clips. In this case, four videos of 11 to 20 clips each, each 30 to 40 minutes in length. Other shows-Cat in the Hat, for example-have both complete and video sets. Visit the website https://www.activatepbs.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base