Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. marking

give the teacher the ability to mark the work without having to write over the top of the students work, as I have wanted to print the work after marking, but not have the ink printed also, maybe give us a option to review and mark work that falls under the same option as the word comments, where we can turn them off or on

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can the option to record video and record audio be made available?

Can record video and record audio be made available on OneNote for Windows 10?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sticky note stickers in OneNote

Sticky note stickers of multiple colours in OneNote would be great.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Archive Class Notebooks with no student access

When a class is done and the teacher wants to keep the Class Notebook, but not allow students continued access - it would be good to have an Archive option which is closed to student access. This would alleviate issues of students going into the wrong notebooks from previous classes/years and also ensure the teacher can modify the notebook is he/she wishes without concern of a student being confused. Please enable an Archive Notebook function that is closed to students.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would it be possible to add comments to student's work when reviewing their work, just like the comments in word document

Would it be possible to add comments to student's work when reviewing their work, just like the comments in word document

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring back in-depth options that were present in OneNote2016 and are in Word

such as auto replace, autocorrect, and the multitude of other options that were formerly available. These INCREASE productivity. If these do not come back, will most likely go to Libre Office

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. language options need to be added

Expecting all language options to be added to take notes, classroom and etc...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make sure the Education Resources are offered in OneNote for Windows 10, O365, and iOS App

Let’s make sure the education resources are offered in all different versions of class notebooks coming in the future.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Checkbox for which students I have evaluated .

Jeg bruker mye «Se gjennom studenters arbeid»- Men det er ikke mulig å merke av hvilke elever jeg er ferdig med. Så jeg må fortsatt bruke klasseliste på papir for å holde orden på hvem jeg har sett og hvem som står igjen. Unødvendig arbeid.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make images clickable without Ctrl

Please make images clickable without using the ctrl button! When using a touch screen it makes it very difficult to have to go back and forth to hit the Ctrl button each time you get to an image linked. Using image makes the page more visual appealing and easier for younger users, rather than so many words!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hypertext link to paragraph relatif

Hypertext link are very useful for student to navigate on a page. But we canot create it before the page is on the good place (teacher only for example). And I’m not sure we can distribute such a link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. whatsapp

get personal documents saved to folders that are easily cut and pasted to other platforms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Build a "Publish to Portfolio" tool for Class Notebook

I think it would be great if there was a "Publish to Portfolio" tool in OneNote Class Notebook. The portfolio could be a separate section in the notebook and using the publish portfolio tool students would be able to add items from anywhere in their notebook to the portfolio section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manage Connection Google Classroom in iPad OneNote

In manage connection, Windows version and Online version have connection to Google Classroom but iPad version doesn’t have. Please add back to unite features for all version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manage Connection Google Classroom in Mac OS

In manage connection, Windows version and Online version have connection to Google Classroom but Mac OS version doesn’t have. Please add back to unite features for all version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Svenska som diktering och uppläsnings val i utbildings verktyget

Vi behöver svenska som valbart språk på diktering och som uppläsningsstöd i utbildningsverktyg

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recording

I suggest that there be a recording section, for college students like me, and that the recording can recognize the time the note that I wrote so if I clicked on the record and then at the note by an arrow pointing down I can listen to the recording from the same time it was taken.
    For example if I wrote a note at 30:27 mins. If I pressed on the small arrow beside the recording I can listen to the recording from the time that note was taken not from the beginning.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Background colors

I would like to have more and much brighters options in setting the backgroud colors. Got students who need in ex. bright yellow typing color on a bright blue background (colors like the Swedish flagg).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add page to Outlook Calendar

Add OneNote page as a New Appointment on Outlook Calendar.

It would be helpful for students track assignments on their Outlook Calendar to be able to right click on a OneNote page and have an Add to Calendar option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base