Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Education offerings?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add the comment feature in Word to Classroom OneNote for Teacher Feedback

Can we please have a comment system in Classroom OneNote the same as the comment system in Word. This highlights a piece of text and locks the comment to the text so that if things are moved on the page the comment follows the text.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add digits to the ruler

Ruler is good helper. But there are no digits on it. It´s difficult to draw line 10 cm (inch) long. It´s so hard to count small lines on ruler. Please add digits to the ruler.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Collaboration Space, students deleting sections...

Teachers should be able to lock sections inside of the collaboration space so that students cannot delete sections in the collaboration space on accident (or on purpose).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lock entire sections in the student notebooks

I'd like the ability to lock entire sections of a student notebook with one click. At the moment, we have to lock all the pages separately. This can be tedious if students have added extra pages or re-named pages.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to flip documents that are inserted landscape on the app and not just the desktop version

In the OneNote app and Class Notebooks there is no ability to right click and flip the document from landscape to portrait. The ability is on the desktop app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. read mode should be added

we know that onenote could be edited, but ,there should be an READ ONLY MODE, that you could just read and use your finger to slide and tap, just like PDF, that could be easier for presentation and lecture show.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Doubletap the ruler to flip it 90 degree

For me as an civil engineer most of the time I draw i just need the ruler to be either 0 degree or 90 degree. and it is very annoying that every time i have to flip the ruler i have to adjust the ruler manually. I would save a ton of work if I could just double tap the ruler to flip it 90 degree. Would be a small but for me a very efficient feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to merge cells in tables

Would it be possible for this option to be implemented?
    Currently, the complexity of tables that can be created in OneNote is significantly impaired due to the lack of this option. Tables (E.G. from Microsoft Word) that contain merged cells won't even retain these merged cells if 'copy-and-pasted' into OneNote - the cells will become separated.
    I use OneNote to take notes in lessons. If I am required to make a table that has merged cells, I can't do so. Instead, I have to figure out a way to convey the information in the table effectively without using merged cells.…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneNote split screen feature to open two notes at one time

PLEASE make it possible to do a split screen feature within One Note! So then I could have two notes open at the same time. This would help with studying! OneNote is the only thing I use for school and this would be so helpful. It would then allow me to open up 3 items with the Ipad Split Screen feature.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. TABS ON TOP PLEASE!!!!!

TABS ON TOP PLEASE!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Distribute a new type of Section to student Section Groups- Teacher Only Page Production

Allow the teacher to distribute a new type of section into student section groups. Inside of this new type of section, students can edit a page, but not create new pages or delete existing pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Syncing issues in OneNote app

When we distribute pages using the OneNote app we have major issues with anything that was printed to OneNote syncing

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Saving customised stickers

Customising stickers is great in OneNote but can there be a way to save them as we use marking codes in our school and not having to type these over and over again would cut down the time it takes to add stickers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drag from OneDrive to OneNote

Please allow teachers / students to drag documents of any kind from OneDrive online to the OneNote App. Currently I have to save the documents to my computer and then drag them to OneNote. I don't understand why these programs don't work together.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to have automatically insert printout as background

the option is available in OneNote 2016. For Win 10 Apps, it has to be done for every page that is inserted as printout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Icon to show locked pages

There should be an icon in the pages section to show if a page is locked. This would easily inform both teachers and students.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Upgrade distribute page in the new OneNote to be the same as OneNote 2016

Please can we have the versatility of the 2016 OneNote Classroom Distribute page to individuals and groups implemented in the new OneNote. This is one of the best features in OneNote 2016 and it is the only reason we are keeping 2016...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. map

It would be useful to be able to create flow charts or mind maps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pushing Pages and Sections

Pushing pages and sections to students in a class notebook should maintain the same hierarchy structure as the place you are pushing it from. This helps the students stay organized.

Also, when adding a new section to all students, the color of that section should not be random for each student. It should be one color that the teacher chooses so we can say, "Look at the new section I added called 'Quadratic Equations.' It's the red one."

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base