Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Reinstate the ability to email a OneNote page that was removed in the upgrade from the 2016 version to the 2019 version

Reinstate the ability to email a OneNote page that was removed in the upgrade from the 2016 version to the 2019 version

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some functions available on the 2016 OneNote need to be carried forward into new version.

• Creating new section groups in teacher folders (not just distributing new sections groups to students).

• Email individual pages to other teachers.

• Fix syncing errors (not evident in 2016 version).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A4 page size

It will be really usefull if there would be an option to customize the page size, for instance, A4 size, instead of an inifite page.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I miss a pair of compasses to construct circular arcs.

I would like to do geometric constructions with my students. For this I need a pair of compasses with which I can construct circular arcs. The circles under figures is not useful for this, because the center is missing.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insert comment

Sometimes I need to write a small note or comment about a certain sentence on the margin of the page, but to know to which sentence or paragraph this note is for , I usually draw an arrow along the whole text till the note. I thought it would be much easier if the program had the feature of inserting a comment ( as the one in Word )

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Content Library - Updating (not copying) across multiple notebooks

I see that there was a previous similar suggestion that you have marked as completed but I have yet to actually achieve what is needed.

I need to update the sections and pages already in a content library across multiple class notebooks.

WIth COVID-19 many schools are now using OneNote to deliver online learning. The content library is where many of us are putting lessons each week as the students can't make changes to theses pages. Lots of teachers who have multiple classnote books will be wanting to update the content library each week I would think.

When I want…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Interactive objects

Children can move pictures of objects to group them to check understanding. Ex. Pictures of coins and children can move coins into names or monetary groups. move all the nickels to category that shows 5 cents.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set a time to automatically distribute page

For the super prepared teacher, the ability to create pages for students and schedule a time for that page to be automatically released would be a wonderful .

This would be an amazing tool!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Colour code names

It would be great if we could colour code the students name or the tab next to their name.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Student "Handouts" editable but not deletable?

My issue is I create a pdf handout, send it to the students. Inevitably the students either delete the handout or move it around. I would like the handout to be "anchored" to the page but still allow the students to type on top or write on top of it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a class notebook based on a template

I would like to be able to create one notebook that can be used as a template and duplicated - including student sections and pages. This would allow all my classes to have the same set-up in their notebooks without having to manually organise them.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to see the time a student last edited something

If you want to see if a student completed something by a particular time, it would be helpful to have some way to see the TIME & DATE when the last edits were made to a page

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ALLOW TEACHERS TO DELETE SECTION GROUPS

Cannot delete section group created by accident how stupid

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Editing a page after being distributed by the teacher.

If the teacher already distributed a page through OneNote to the students and then wants to edit this page, he/she must go into each student's section and make the edits. It would be helpful if we can edit them all at one time.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Place new pages automatically above older pages

It would have been great if new pages added and distributed were automatically placed above older pages. This would have easier to navigate with!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Order students in class notebook by surname

Is there any way we can list students alphabetised by surname in notebook - as they are in assignments?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. private channel video recording

Can the option to record video meetings in private channels be included please.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add feature to the "Review Student Work" function of "Not Accessed" and have it quickly bold the students

It would be great to have a feature/check box in the "Review Student Work" function of "Not Accessed" and have it quickly bold the students that haven't worked on assignments. I need a quick check for those that haven't touched documents at all in this age of COVID-19...because it will streamline who I reach out to. Then my 2nd level of triage would be: have opened it, but haven't worked on it. I love how it currently will bold change made...but it would be great to toggle the field to various aspects. Sometimes a student isn't bold...even when they did…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Schedule class resources to be sent out

Schedule class resources to be sent out at a set time rather than having to set it up in class real time with the amount of connectivity issues it would be

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shortcuts

We should have some keyboard shortcuts so we could change between pens and erasers without taking so long time. Usually the drawing softwares have it and it's the only stuff i'd rather use theses softwares than one note

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base