Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Integrate OneDrive into OneNote

Having the ability to link OneDrive into OneNote would be great, the idea being when a student signs into to O365 they are able to see their OneDrive files in OneNote and drag them into OneNote. This includes the shared with me files.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distributing Page from Notebook in a personal account

When I try to distribute a page from a Notebook from a personal account, the distribution side bar just spins. If I try to distribute a page from a section that is in the class notebook, it works ok. This problem is not present in OneNote 2016.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live Pages in Class Notebook

It would be absolutely amazing to have this feature.

Here's how I think it would work:
    Ability to have a page in a Class Notebook that the teacher can write on and that students can edit their own version of in real time. A simple example of the functionality I’m imagining would be as follows:

The teacher creates a new “Live Page” in Class Notebook.

Distribute to student sections.

Teacher can then write a question e.g. “evaluate 5a+b when a=7 and b=2”.

Students can type or ink their answer.

Teacher can review answers in real time (by looking a student…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to flip documents that are inserted landscape on the app and not just the desktop version

In the OneNote app and Class Notebooks there is no ability to right click and flip the document from landscape to portrait. The ability is on the desktop app

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Students

When new students are added, it would be handy if their notebooks could look exactly like the current students' notebooks, complete with only the sections currently being used (I already had to delete unused sections one by one out of each student notebook), and all of the pages that have already been distributed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to have automatically insert printout as background

the option is available in OneNote 2016. For Win 10 Apps, it has to be done for every page that is inserted as printout.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. See upload time

would like to see when students uploaded an assignment (date and time) and a function to block uploading after a due date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Track who writes (digital inking) in collaboration spaces.

When student type, it shows who made the changes. When student use a pen(digital inking) it doesn't show who marked. Could lead to issues of inapropriate language.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring OneNote App ruler to the desktop version

The ruler function in OneNote App is a great idea. Can you bring it to the desktop version?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to lock pages in place. So they do not move when editing text boxes, etc

I have constant issues of pages moving around in a one note document. I need an ability where I can lock pages in place. So that I can freely type within these pages and move the text boxes without clicking to move the page by accident for the hundredth time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. (Un)Lock anytime/anywhere

Lock any page with right mouse menu and from ribbon in the Windows 10 app and not just when reviewing students work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. cropping images on OneNote

would be great to crop an image on onenote

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Background Colour

I am an educator at Cardiff and Vale College and creating resources for dyslexic students in OneNote Desktop. I have changed page colours to make them dyslexia friendly although when opening in the online version this reverts back to standard white.

I am aware this has been reported and the response has been that there is no option in OneNote online to change the background colour neither is there any plans to include this in any future upgrades.

Therefor I would like to stress how inportant it is for this feature to be enabled on Onenote online and any other…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. EATIN PUSSSYYYY

i think we should eat *** and ***** at the same time while some one is giving us head!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teachers need to be able to remove/delete an already distributed page, or make changes to it and have those changes sync in student notebook

Teachers need to be able to remove/delete an already distributed page, and/or make changes to it and have those changes sync in student notebooks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Undistribute section groups

We use Class Notebook as a "homework diary", and we distribute section groups using OneNote online, one for each school term.

We often need to remove an entire section group that was previously distributed, for example if it was distributed in error, or if the term has passed, so we can reuse the notebook.

It's possible to delete section groups directly from within each pupil section, however when you go to distribute a page, they still show up.

Is there a way to completely remove these previous section groups?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. line spacing for dyslexia

being dyslexic i find it easy to follow my work having the ruled lines on the page, however the line spacing on one note doesn’t allow for one line of words per ruled line, making it harder to read my work, having line spacing options that correspond to the drawed lines on one note would make life so much easier

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please allow Translator to work within the newer OneNote app.

Please allow Translator to work within the newer OneNote app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Placeholders to Pages

It would be great that while building templates pages for students to complete that we can add placeholders so that students can click to insert the required content. This could be an image or text or sound etc.

My reference would be what you can do on Kenote and Pages on a Mac or iOS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base