Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Some functions available on the 2016 OneNote need to be carried forward into new version.

• Creating new section groups in teacher folders (not just distributing new sections groups to students).

• Email individual pages to other teachers.

• Fix syncing errors (not evident in 2016 version).

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Master Class Notebook that can be updated and sync to multiple classes

Old School method - we have a MASTER that we take to the copy machine and make all the copies we need, which can be used for all three of my classes without having to go and make a new MASTER for each class.

Create a MASTER Class Notebook that I can continue to add to throughout the semester and most importantly be able to share this notebook out to multiple class notebooks for my classes that share the same material content in MS Teams without having to go do each of my 5 classes individually.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notification for Onenote classroom

I would like my students to receive a notification (push notification/email etc) whenever I post a new material in the content library. It would be even better if I can select notification settings for certain posts. The struggle is real when the students keep asking what is where. I've been struggling with this for years now. Even though I'm a fan of Onenote classrooms it's clear that Google classroom is ahead of the game when it comes to notifications...

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Class Notebook Fixed Order of Sections in Student Notebooks

Class Notebook--Creating a Fixed Order of Sections in Student Notebooks

I created sections for each of my students in my class, but when I go into each student's notebook, the sections I created appear in a different order than what I want. The order of sections appears random and is different for most students. It also appears as though I have to manually go into each student's notebook and assign a color to each section. I want to create and distribute sections in an order that remains fixed in student notebooks, and assign each section a color that remains consistent…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Making teacher comments as read only on student pages

When I give feedback to students' work, I would like the ability of these notes to be read only from the student view. I ink my comments and some of my "active" students delete my comments off their assignment. Now, I have to rewrite the comment and sometimes I forget what I put there as I'm marking a lot of assignments.

Also, I understand that we can lock pages but I rather my comments be there (and read only) and then student can add to their work.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. unicode characters

I really enjoy the fact that I can insert any Unicode Character in Word.
    I would appreciate to be able to do the same in note

F8 + "Alt +c" = ø
    10397+ "Alt+c" = 𐎗

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to EASILY restore student deleted pages and Sections in Class Notebook

Hi, I am a teacher and a relatively experienced user of OneNote. Today we were testing a few possible scenarios with my team. We realized that if a student accidentally (or otherwise) deletes a Section of their notebook, there is no way for a Teacher or IT admin to restore the content. I have tried looking through the recycle bin in OneDrive and SharePoint, and the section is gone without a trace. This seems true if the student is using the Teams App, Browser, or OneNote for Windows 10. It seems like a horrible design flaw for a teaching tool. …

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link existing OneNote Class Notebook and its members to Teams

I am currently using a OneNote Class Notebook and manually included all my students as members of the Notebook. However, when I want to use Microsoft Teams and link the existing OneNote Class Notebook I already created (including the students) to Teams, I can’t find a way to do this. I can only create a New OneNote Class Notebook, but cannot use a pre-existing Class Notebook. Can someone help me with this matter?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set PDF as a background in Class Notebook

I would like an option to lock a PDF or set as a background when using class notebook. I direct students to draw or insert text boxes on the PDF page. Unfortunately, students are having trouble navigating. It automatically brings them to the bottom of the page sometimes. But even worse, they may accidentally delete the PDF when using the draw tools, which is frustrating all around.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. NOTIFICATION TO TEACHER WHEN STUDENT SUBMITS AN ASSIGNMENT

Would it be possible for you to add: notification when a student has submitted an assignment? or at least some way for the teacher to know there has been a new submission? It's not bad when everyone turns in the assignment by the due date and teacher marks them all, but when there is a late assignment, I would like there be a way to be notified. Let me know! Thanks.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ALLOW TEACHERS TO DELETE SECTION GROUPS

Cannot delete section group created by accident how stupid

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to move to next page or move back a page in when in Full Screen mode.

It would be awesome if there were some buttons that would allow you to use full screen mode in class notebook like a presentation mode. Just allowing you to move forward a page and back a page.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve Collaboration Space Permissions

It would be great to have the ability to load a list of student names to a collaboration space section. If not that, at least being able to order the names alphabetically and check/uncheck all functionality.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improving TEAMS recording features and chat

As a teacher, it has been a great tool to be able to share my screen with my students and record my lessons through TEAMS. But I would like to be able to pause the recordings and restart without having to stop the recording totally. I record generally as I am teaching but have to pause frequently to help a student. As it is, the recording has to continue so there is "dead space" in the recording for those who view it later.
    Second, I would love to have a feature to disable ALL chats among group members. It doesn't…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete section from all student notebooks at once

The teacher should be able to delete a section from all students at one time instead of having to go to each individual student notebook to delete the section.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Graph Paper in Windows 10 version and/or Online version

I teach math and would love for students and myself to have the ability to insert graph paper on a page in OneNote online or Windows 10 version like they can in the desktop version.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove permission to change page titles

Students will often accidentally change the page title of a distributed page and it then doesn't show up in the review student work. Would it be possible to have an option to set everything to background, including the title so that students can type/ink over the top with out being able to change the page structure.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notebook sections shouldn’t start with blank pages.

Sections shouldn’t automatically start with an untitled page- this makes setting up student notebooks difficult.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Content Library - Updating (not copying) across multiple notebooks

I see that there was a previous similar suggestion that you have marked as completed but I have yet to actually achieve what is needed.

I need to update the sections and pages already in a content library across multiple class notebooks.

WIth COVID-19 many schools are now using OneNote to deliver online learning. The content library is where many of us are putting lessons each week as the students can't make changes to theses pages. Lots of teachers who have multiple classnote books will be wanting to update the content library each week I would think.

When I want…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Only OneNote = OneNote 2016 + OneNote Windows 10

Please combine the different versions of OneNote.

Only OneNote = OneNote 2016 + OneNote Windows 10

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base